Mary Wise

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, you must of missed all the "Gator" references. So one more time, Gators should care about anything Gator.
I see. So if a Gator fan doesn't really care how the gymnastics team does, then he isn't a Gator? I just want to formally establish the fan snobbery guidelines.

It's important to me to round up any non-Gators from this board and send them into exile. NV already signed his own death warrant and he's a goner.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I’ve always followed anything Gator and so could hold a conversation about whatever team was the subject, but in just the past few years I’ve expanded my attendance to include softball and volleyball and I highly recommend it. The teams are of course super talented and they have so much fun on the field/court. It’s a good time.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I see. So if a Gator fan doesn't really care how the gymnastics team does, then he isn't a Gator? I just want to formally establish the fan snobbery guidelines.

It's important to me to round up any non-Gators from this board and send them into exile. NV already signed his own death warrant and he's a goner.
Speaking of gymnastics, I laughed my arse off when Gatorcountry did a preview of the team a couple of weeks back and posted a picture of Rhonda Faehn. Now I could see Ox maybe not noticing the mistake but a website that makes its living off of Gator sports? Pretty inexcusable.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Snobbery to expect a Gator fan to care about whether Gator gymnastics does well? Then I proudly accept the label of Gator Snob of the 1st Order because I want the Gators to crush our rivals no matter the sport. Go Gators!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The song actually got a lot of airtime here in Atlanta well before being featured in Dumb & Dumber. So many people were requesting stations play it and they obliged.
Heard it all the time in Orlando and Tally

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
You can roll your eyes all you want, but in my experience the people who are just fans but didn’t attend, to them it’s the same as being a fan of an NFL team & an NBA team if they also follow basketball, and it ends there. But my friends who are alumni, will bring up other teams like volleyball, soccer, and even gymnastics, and actually care. Of course football is still king, but other sports are also on the radar.

This rings true for me also.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That wasn't my irony you were palpating.
travel-home-with-some-planes-trains-and-automobiles-trivia-x-photos-212.jpg

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
I love everything Gator! A win is a win. I dont care what sport the Gators are grinding at. Its about heart, pride and lots of sweat! The thrill of victory! I happen to believe that every opponent that has Florida on the schedule, has that match circled because they know what a victory means coming to gainesville. Beating florida is a big deal! Beating the big red machine tonight would be huge for Mary and a gutty bunch of stud women atheletes. We'll see if they can pull it off!
-GG

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it does, it’s common sense, but some people seem to take it as an insult for some strange reason.
People take it as an insult because it was meant to be an unsult.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you don’t send the groundskeeper a Christmas card, then you aren’t a real Gator.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I see what you guys are doing there, but fact of the matter is I never said the those who didn’t attend UF aren’t real Gator fans or good Gator fans. I don’t believe that for a second. I simply said that alumni are more likely to pay attention to smaller sports than fans who didn’t attend.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see what you guys are doing there, but fact of the matter is I never said the those who didn’t attend UF aren’t real Gator fans or good Gator fans. I don’t believe that for a second. I simply said that alumni are more likely to pay attention to smaller sports than fans who didn’t attend.
I think most of the alumni from the last ten years could not possibly care less about a single sport and wouldn't have been caught dead attending any of them. Of course, most of them are from Asian countries.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I covered Gator swimming for the Sun back in the dark ages. We were dominant, a perennial top three program and the pride resonated, although the feel I got was from within. I was never sure how much it meant to people on the outside. I got into it, met a lot of future Olympians and I actually learned to get along with Randy Reese, who could be a load.

I barely watch the football team now let alone the peripherals. I want to know we're good, but you probably won't hear me bringing up volleyball at a cocktail party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.