McElwain calmly rebuilding the program from the ground up

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n174964 said:
Athletic dorms were outlawed by the NCAA in 1991 to be effective in 1995. Try to keep up.

Athletic only dorms were outlawed... But there are dorms that are majority for athletes.

Dec 10, 2014
Gatoravatara;n174927 said:
Ok. I'll bite. Dated this beautiful girl for 3.5 years. Smart girl. We were in an interracial relationship, and her parents had not made it to the 20th century so I was deep in the closet. Every time her brother or parents made it into Gainesville I had to disappear. I think her parents thought she was a lesbian, because she never admitted to having a boyfriend. During the holidays I had to fly solo, because she was not bringing me home to Daddy.

After all of this, my friend told me that "I think you should know that I saw her at a club". I was like, why should I care. He told me he saw her grinding with and kissing on some dude. I confronted her. She made it seem like no big deal, it was just a friend. I asked her was she was sleeping with him. She said no, but she is a terrible liar. I broke up with her, but somehow we still ended up in the sack occasionally. She applied to grad schools with a 3.9 GPA. She was accepted to many programs, but inexplicably chose Criminole U, on a full ride, even though she could have attended an Ivy League. At that point, I lost respect for her and stopped sleeping with her. The End.

Sounds like a semenhole alright

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n174969 said:
You know what I mean.

I have no idea what you mean. All student on campus housing is the responsibility of University Housing and is not under the purview of UAA whatsoever. Many, though not all, football players live in Keys Complex across from McKethan Stadium which is the newest, nicest on campus suites (4 BR, 2 BA with center great room and kitchen). The NCAA wanted athletes mixed in with the general student population, for everyone's benefit.
I do know YOU mean that you despise Foley and continue to call him a cheapo and ignore the $28 to $35 million he spent on the Heavener Complex weight rooms, meeting rooms, locker rooms and coaches offices in 2008/9 and the $5 million he spent on McElwain's CSU buyout. Have you ever even set foot on the University of Florida campus other than maybe a football game? I seriously doubt it.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
B9gf-EbIMAEZIgE.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n174551 said:
I'll ask again, other than an IPF what does UCF have that we don't ?
Read what Foley said needs to be updated.

Why should I have to parrot it for you? Your head is in the sand anyway. You habent listened the last 15000 times its been mentioned and now continue to deny it even after your demigod AD admits it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n174546 said:
Updating interiors and adding some staff that will directly lead to winning more games is reasonable, at least to an extent. But with our athletic department already $90 million in debt I would hope that we behave in a fiscally responsible manner.
Its too late for fiscally responsible. A fiscally responsible AD doesnt give two extensions to 6-6 coach and keep him employed until the stadium is half empty. Now he has to fix what he broke.

But we can be "fiscally responsible" with our WR coach.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n175010 said:
I have no idea what you mean. All student on campus housing is the responsibility of University Housing and is not under the purview of UAA whatsoever. Many, though not all, football players live in Keys Complex across from McKethan Stadium which is the newest, nicest on campus suites (4 BR, 2 BA with center great room and kitchen). The NCAA wanted athletes mixed in with the general student population, for everyone's benefit.
I do know YOU mean that you despise Foley and continue to call him a cheapo and ignore the $28 to $35 million he spent on the Heavener Complex weight rooms, meeting rooms, locker rooms and coaches offices in 2008/9 and the $5 million he spent on McElwain's CSU buyout. Have you ever even set foot on the University of Florida campus other than maybe a football game? I seriously doubt it.

crickets...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Keep squawking. Maybe Fooley will backup and return to your position.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Law98gator;n175105 said:
Read what Foley said needs to be updated.

Why should I have to parrot it for you? Your head is in the sand anyway. You habent listened the last 15000 times its been mentioned and now continue to deny it even after your demigod AD admits it.

No I read that, but you continually say that UF is behind UCF. Are we behind some NCAA schools ? That's up for debate. So I'll ask you again since you keep bringing them up is what does UCF have that UF doesn't

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n175396 said:
No I read that, but you continually say that UF is behind UCF. Are we behind some NCAA schools ? That's up for debate. So I'll ask you again since you keep bringing them up is what does UCF have that UF doesn't

They have an Erector Set Stadium that moves when the wind blows.......... UCF = wanna-be

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
deuce;n175405 said:
They have an Erector Set Stadium that moves when the wind blows.......... UCF = wanna-be

That's kinda my point. People throw out that UF isn't as good as school A B and C and haven't even been around the facilities to see for themselves. I understand Law though. He's got a message board shtick he has to keep up with .

Dec 10, 2014
Blacklabgator;n175411 said:
That's kinda my point. People throw out that UF isn't as good as school A B and C and haven't even been around the facilities to see for themselves. I understand Law though. He's got a message board shtick he has to keep up with .

The Douche shtick would be more effective trolling our rivals.

Dec 10, 2014
Gatoravatara;n175433 said:
Is this something recruits would care about? Do they sit in the stands?

This is a prime example of where your entire logic is off based. Recruits don't really care about any of this ****. It's marginal to them. Recruits want to win, they want exposure, they want to play early, and they want to get to the NFL. Will a IPF or an enhanced student life sway a recruit that's on the fence? Perhaps. Perhaps the 9/10 girl who flirted with the recruit sways him. You assume all this is of the utmost importance to recruits, and it's not. History proves that over and over.

The stands are important because that's where the people who donate and pay for tickets sit. Even as our revenue is becoming more television based, the contributions from the fans matter. That's the irony of all this. These shiny new enhancements matter way more to ppl on this message board than they ever will to recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator