McElwain eerily similar to Fisher

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n269885 said:
After some research I was able to give him an IP ban this time.

Since I'm sure he's reading this, take note: Every time you stick your head up around here I'm going to ban you. Find another board.

:bananadance:

Dec 10, 2014
TLB;n269887 said:
You didn't say "expect", I did. I also said something about a fool being involved.

You pointed out the similarities. You left off the fact that they both wear shoes - one big and red and floppy, the other without socks. Also they both smile a lot to the cameras - one sweating and wondering if he's going to get blindsided by a player-arrest situation, the other because he doesn't realize he has raccoon eyes. And they both now coach in the state of Florida - one inherited a program he'd been working in for some time, the other is asked to turn around the Titanic when it's half under water.

You didn't address the differences. Such as HC experience - one sat under Saint Bobby in Tallacrappy where he basically had to maintain the status quo (legal or not) once he ascended to the position after waiting 3 yrs for the old fart to get pushed out, the other went to a team in the dumps, turned them around and started setting records, then was asked to come into a worse situation than CSU and fix it. One took a program that traditionally operates at 65-70% true champion level but was running at 60% and raised it to 80%, which is good enough in the ACC to get you on the national stage. The other is asked to take a team that is used to running at an 80-85% level but was down to about 30-40% and get it back to at least 60% in the first year and 80%+ by the second year. Even that may not be good enough to compete in the SEC. You didn't point out that one took over the HC role entering his FOURTH year recruiting and developing the players on the roster while the other guy has stepped in with A FEW MONTHS to get his first class recruited and a first year of his strategy getting hamstrung by a lack of depth and change in philosophy for the players to grasp and apply. Here's another one for you - one left the OC position under Saban to become....an OC under Bobby. The other left the OC under Saban to become a HBC. Moving out, or moving up? There's a difference, and one is a sign of someone who can make success on their own while the other reflects a person who needs to have things made for them so they don't screw it up.

JMac does have the advantage of coaching as a HC prior to coming to UF - turning around a program and being successful at CSU. Jimbo has the advantage of a bubble of denial that protects poor character players, and in fact rewards them. Everyone is different with their own 'advantages' in a situation. The question is what does the person bring to the table - what are they facing, and what can they do in that situation? I doubt Jimbo could have turned around CSU, much less UF. I'll take JMac any day over Dumbo. We may not have the same results as you listed in the OP, but we'll be better off overall and will resume owning the state in short order. First year? Guys in very different situations, with very differing skill sets. Only a fool would ask if they could have the same results.

TLB is the Andrew Jackson of the board today. Way to massacre him after the war was ended.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've come to the conclusion that ntcrze, sgtschultz, snowflake, skyflake, and now the latest late GCMB poster andyanushole has to be Muschamp. Nobody would create new personas over and over again just to troll Gator message boards and news articles unless they felt they'd been mistreated in some way by UF. Remember, Spurdog wouldn't take him so he had to walk-on at UGA. Yeah, I bet it is him!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n269917 said:
TLB is the Andrew Jackson of the board today. Way to massacre him after the war was ended.

More like necrophilia.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
oxrageous;n269885 said:

Since I'm sure he's reading this, take note: Every time you stick your head up around here I'm going to ban you. Find another board.

Attachments

• conv_4306.gif
    conv_4306.gif
    530.7 KB · Views: 40
  • conv_4306.gif
    conv_4306.gif
    530.7 KB · Views: 39

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hate?

:snob:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n269845 said:
I beg to differ that Mac is NOTHING like Dumbo. Yeah sure they're from the Saban coaching tree.
How many years did Mac spent with Satan?

How many did he spend with John L. Smith?

Hell, Dumbo isn't even off Saban's tree. Dumbo spent far more time with Tommy Bowden and Rich Rod.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;269917 said:

Today? I'm convinced TLB stands for Too Long & Boring....
Life is too short to spend time deciphering his mega "paragraphs".

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n269878 said:
I watched the Spurrier documentary again last night and there seems to be some similarities to McElwain. They both preach and exude confidence which rubs off on the players. That was a core theme about Spurrier. I don't think anyone thinks Dumbo exudes confidence other than his ability to fix your car.
Dumbo exudes confidence that someone in the nearby hollers is his real diddy, and that Papa Bowden liked to visit his momma's trailer as much as anyone.

Hell, Jimbo Bowden even got in his momma's Vega and struck off to lil Samford t play his college foozball, just like a good Bowden would.

Jimbo_Irresistible_zps8c39f560.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;269885 said:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n269874 said:
Guy listed his opinion and got attacked viciously for it :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try to keep up, Claw.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n269878 said:
I watched the Spurrier documentary again last night and there seems to be some similarities to McElwain. They both preach and exude confidence which rubs off on the players. . I don't think anyone thinks Dumbo exudes confidence other than his ability to fix your arrest record.
FIFY

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thread title not true … Dumbo's ears are much bigger.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, having a troll or two around is good exercise... :beating:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Snowflake. Come on, guys.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went to Miami this morning and doubled up on appointments knowing very well that I want to get on the road to G-ville early on Friday. It appears I missed some fire works and the announcement of the starter at QB. Things are happening fast this year!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Jumbo got SEC talent in a weak conference. It's like being 18 and hitting it out of the minor league park (200 ft). great job

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.