McElwain Press Conference: 10/3

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/gc-rule-regarding-coaching.351958/

It has began at the other sites just like with Muschamp. :lol2:

"GC Posters may not request or call for a coaching change for any coach in any sport.

This is not to say it may not be needed or that it is, but such threads and conversations turn this board into a single obsession by certain posters who will use the entire game threads and other threads to get their point out excessively. Every thread has the potential for this so we just nip it in the bud.

Those posts will be deleted.

Criticism of the staff of any sport is fair game. However, if these criticisms rise to the level of insults the poster will be removed for a couple of days. If he/she persists they may be banned. These are words like moron, stupid, lazy, quitter or any other derogatory term that the moderators may see.

Comparisons to Coach Muschamp or Zook will be considered an insult because they were both fired. I know these are popular in the game thread, but the posts are deleted if spotted.

There are plenty of ways to discuss Gator football without referring to insults or firing the coaches."

As I just posted in the Damning GC Article thread.... The thing I love about Gatorchatter is it is NOT Gatorcountry or Gatorbait. We are allowed...and encouraged to make harsh comments that need to be said. If the pumpers want 100% pumping, they can go to that site and have a 1000 other like minds who think there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ Gator Football and Jim McElwain is spoken in the same breath w/ Urban Meyer and Nick Saban.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Except it wasn't....except for 3 of the 18 quarters.

The Grier love is so over the top. His LAST game was horrendous! He had a few good throws and probably would have progressed to become an above average SEC QB. But you read the pumping crew and he was a Heisman candidate! Freaking delusional.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As I just posted in the Damning GC Article thread.... The thing I love about Gatorchatter is it is NOT Gatorcountry or Gatorbait. We are allowed...and encouraged to make harsh comments that need to be said. If the pumpers want 100% pumping, they can go to that site and have a 1000 other like minds who think there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ Gator Football and Jim McElwain is spoken in the same breath w/ Urban Meyer and Nick Saban.

I agree. That is why this place is the best because you are allowed to get your thoughts out on what is going on unless you just go totally off the handle. I have no problem with sunshine pumpers trying to make their case but people should be able to post how they see it also even if it does call out the coach etc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Grier love is so over the top. His LAST game was horrendous! He had a few good throws and probably would have progressed to become an above average SEC QB. But you read the pumping crew and he was a Heisman candidate! Freaking delusional.

This - we went right back to being a bad offense in the Missouri game but the defense had a real nice game. Come to think of it I think Ole Miss is really the only game that it seemed our coaches outschemed the other team when our offense was on the field since Mac and Nuss arrived here. I remember Georgia just self destructed in that win over them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tell him what he needs to hear....at that time. If the offense is on fire without him then oh well, he would probably transfer anyway just a year later ....if it's not then you have someone who knows the system and played like he had a set.... Besides, given Mac's double talk how do we really know that the Grier's even demanded something....I find that really hard to believe knowing his dad played CFB and let his son sign at a major program like UF...seems unlikely to me.
Zach albowverdi said on the radio the other day that grier left campus last year by his choice with very little contact with the coaches. Then in the meeting with grier and his dad, the griers asked what they needed to do to get will back in the starting lineup. A few days later he transfers.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zach albowverdi said on the radio the other day that grier left campus last year by his choice with very little contact with the coaches. Then in the meeting with grier and his dad, the griers asked what they needed to do to get will back in the starting lineup. A few days later he transfers.
So now we trust what Crucial says? I'm just trying to keep up here.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
C'mon man you're smarter than that......The Bowl was just saying that to get Mac to like him and get better responses to his questions at pressers....I heard Mac all but ran Grier off cause he didn't want no exciting QB in his boring offense...just a game manager....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
C'mon man you're smarter than that......The Bowl was just saying that to get Mac to like him and get better responses to his questions at pressers....I heard Mac all but ran Grier off cause he didn't want no exciting QB in his boring offense...just a game manager....

Well, Grier was nothing more than a game manager....so that blows your strategy out of the water. Again, people act like Grier was destined to be an All-American. News Flash: HE WASN'T!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"our effort is 100 percent better."

This is the other quote that doesn't sit well with me. EFFORT, 100% better??? they must of been sleep walking the last game (well, definitely the 2nd half they were) because the players appeared to be playing like it was a walk through exercise. I saw very little effort that would warrant being called a 100% improvement.

I had called them a 2* staff, they are looking more and more like they should be unranked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator