McElwain Press Conference: 10/3

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I care. I like my coaches to call a turd a turd.
Dad always said "you can't polish a turd!" We have some turds too, not just in ability but in their attitudes. Its like these kids don't care about playing big time college football. I agree w' Mac when he said "be proud to be a Florida Gator!" However its up to the head man to get his kids to play w' some fire and get after people and not play so dang soft!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree, and yet, I'll still probably watch his post game presser Saturday and beginning of the week one on Monday.

BoucherFace.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's still all about wins and losses, and how we look in the process. At this point last year he was excited for the popcorn vendors, casually comparing Montana St to uga, and venturing off topic to discuss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And we ate it up.

Don't get me wrong, his disconnect is disturbing. But I think much of this is just his shtick. It only gets really tiresome when the product on the field us garbage.

That said, I've reached a point that every time I hear him say "and yet", I seriously consider throwing objects at a wall. Even winning, his insistence on peppering each sentence with that drove me insane.
I'm glad it isn't just me. "And yet..." is wearing a hole in me. I sort of enjoyed the departure from Muschamp's pressers early on, but Mac is coming across to me now, right or wrong, that as long as everybody likes everybody and we eat PB&J's together, it's all hunky dory.

upload_2016-10-4_13-10-52.jpeg I'm with the late, great B.B. on where Gator football is right now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have grown to trust Mariana's sources. If he says Sharpe is actually being benched for being a lazy azz, then it is good news and perhaps that the staff is tired of this shyt.

I am tired of watching guys waltz their way through 2 1/2 years (or really less since they seem to take that third year off and just try to avoid injury) and just wait on the draft. That $80,000 or more scholarship should come with some commitment from the kids.
It is a disturbing trend over the last 3-4 years with these kids "waiting on the draft". That seemed to come in with Muschamp and has been really noticed around the Bowl games.
As far as Sharpe missing time.....good. Maybe now we'll be able to run the ball to the left side of the line. He's the softest 6'6" 350# football player you'll ever see when it comes to run blocking and he embarrassed himself on a WR screen play when he could have blasted a DB into the middle of next week and instead choose to throw a flying elbow at the dude allowing the DB to make the tackle....:facepalm:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
no one has played with any passion except Eddy since Grier got canned. the players and coaches have no collective fire.

losing Will to his stupidity and then not keeping him was the death knell for Mac and this iteration of Gator football.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I
losing Will to his stupidity and then not keeping him was the death knell for Mac and this iteration of Gator football
I said this last December and several times since then but was assured by the resident gurus on here that not only was WG a dumbass so was I for questioning Mac's stance on WG.....Oh and here come the dozens of same gurus to say that WG only had 5 good quarters of football in him..:rolleyes3:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
no one has played with any passion except Eddy since Grier got canned. the players and coaches have no collective fire.

losing Will to his stupidity and then not keeping him was the death knell for Mac and this iteration of Gator football.
could very well be and I agree. everything is different with grier under center

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I

I said this last December and several times since then but was assured by the resident gurus on here that not only was WG a dumbass so was I for questioning Mac's stance on WG.....Oh and here come the dozens of same gurus to say that WG only had 5 good quarters of football in him..:rolleyes3:

I hear you... But what exactly should a HC do "IF" the reports are true that Grier and his Daddy were demanding a guarantee that Grier would get the starting job back? Don't get me wrong, I wish we had him! BUT he and his family were some serious douche diva's and I don't see how a HC could succumb to such demands... again... if true...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hear you... But what exactly should a HC do "IF" the reports are true that Grier and his Daddy were demanding a guarantee that Grier would get the starting job back? Don't get me wrong, I wish we had him! BUT he and his family were some serious douche diva's and I don't see how a HC could succumb to such demands... again... if true...
Tell him what he needs to hear....at that time. If the offense is on fire without him then oh well, he would probably transfer anyway just a year later ....if it's not then you have someone who knows the system and played like he had a set.... Besides, given Mac's double talk how do we really know that the Grier's even demanded something....I find that really hard to believe knowing his dad played CFB and let his son sign at a major program like UF...seems unlikely to me.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We MIGHT be a little better with erection boy but I doubt we would be lighting the world on fire with our oline.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, Grier had a tendency to stay in the pocket a little too long. Which explains the knocked-up girlfriend.

He could only stay in the pocket too long after the little blue pill that cost him his career.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really that dense? It's pretty obvious to me. Anytime a backup QB is playing he praises the offense no matter how much of a **** show it is. When the starting QB plays he's very critical. See after the OleMiss game last year with Grier, and after the UK game with DelRio. Now go back and watch the pressers with Treon. He never criticized Treo or the offense. Always said they did some good things, when we know was bull****. Just how the guy is.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You tell 'em, Mac! :butters:
I'm not sure what a coach is supposed to say but i think it's ok to say you're disappointed in your offense scoring 13 points against a very bad Vanderbilt team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/gc-rule-regarding-coaching.351958/

It has began at the other sites just like with Muschamp. :lol2:

"GC Posters may not request or call for a coaching change for any coach in any sport.

This is not to say it may not be needed or that it is, but such threads and conversations turn this board into a single obsession by certain posters who will use the entire game threads and other threads to get their point out excessively. Every thread has the potential for this so we just nip it in the bud.

Those posts will be deleted.

Criticism of the staff of any sport is fair game. However, if these criticisms rise to the level of insults the poster will be removed for a couple of days. If he/she persists they may be banned. These are words like moron, stupid, lazy, quitter or any other derogatory term that the moderators may see.

Comparisons to Coach Muschamp or Zook will be considered an insult because they were both fired. I know these are popular in the game thread, but the posts are deleted if spotted.

There are plenty of ways to discuss Gator football without referring to insults or firing the coaches."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/gc-rule-regarding-coaching.351958/

It has began at the other sites just like with Muschamp. :lol2:

"GC Posters may not request or call for a coaching change for any coach in any sport.

This is not to say it may not be needed or that it is, but such threads and conversations turn this board into a single obsession by certain posters who will use the entire game threads and other threads to get their point out excessively. Every thread has the potential for this so we just nip it in the bud.

Those posts will be deleted.

Criticism of the staff of any sport is fair game. However, if these criticisms rise to the level of insults the poster will be removed for a couple of days. If he/she persists they may be banned. These are words like moron, stupid, lazy, quitter or any other derogatory term that the moderators may see.

Comparisons to Coach Muschamp or Zook will be considered an insult because they were both fired. I know these are popular in the game thread, but the posts are deleted if spotted.

There are plenty of ways to discuss Gator football without referring to insults or firing the coaches."

Yikes. The only thing missing is tying all blame back to the Jews.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yikes. The only thing missing is tying all blame back to the Jews.
Well, I have it on good authority that Will's great grandfather's name was shortened from Muschampstein upon arrival to Ellis Island.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What a joke website. I never bothered to check the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator