Meet Caitlyn Jenner

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;232440 said:
I wouldn't call Bruce Jenner "Caitlyn" if it meant the firing squad.

You know I love you Sasquatch. And GatorJ. We simply disagree, that's all. Nothing personal, no hard feelings.

I'm gonna send Caitlin over to your house to "convert" you.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n232485 said:
I'm speechless right now. This is a joke right? Shock value? And Lagoon...you liked this post?

My faith in the Gatorchatter folk has been rocked.

shoot

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n232490 said:
No it's not a ****ing joke. What's worse is that ignorant people like....well I guess you for one buy every lame excuse for what's wrong with people these days.

:violin:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n232417 said:
I'd love for you to provide the source for those numbers.

Regardless, the suicide rate for trans people is almost exclusively the direct result of both physical and mental abuse from other people.

maybe you should provide the source for your statement (which was just as extreme)

:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n232459 said:
Caitlyn wants to be called Caitlyn
Aaron wanted to be called Ox.
Sooo... youre saying that Caitlyn is Aaron? And Aaron is an ox?

Whooa... wait, Caitlyn is an ox, an ox is Caitlyn!!!

Attachments

• conv_3398.gif
    conv_3398.gif
    316.5 KB · Views: 40

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We love to accept what scientists say because we're suckers for the white lab coats. But what they say changes all the time. Remember when the key to weight loss was sugar free? Then it was low-fat. Now it's low carb. It will be something else soon enough.

Scientists used to say cholesterol was bad. Salt was bad. Now, maybe not so much.

Scientists used to say gay was a mental illness. Not anymore. I think they got that one right.

But scientists used to say that transgendered was an illness too. They have retreated from that position. Have they gotten it right, or is that subject to change at some point in the future?

Take a deep breath, open your mind, and think about this:

There is a condition out there where folks who were born in healthy bodies wish they were disabled. This is not a joke, I'm not making it up. Sometimes they pretend to be disabled, even getting married and never telling their spouse that they are not really disabled. They live in terror that they might be discovered some day. Sometimes they try to hurt themselves so that their actual body will match what they are in their minds. Some will ask doctors to amputate perfectly good limbs. Like a transsexual, they were born in the wrong bodies. They want their physical bodies to match their mental bodies.

So. What do we do? Try to cure them as if this is an illness? Go ahead and amputate a leg?

I remember reading about a guy a few years ago. He wanted to be a baby. He had a giant crib, wore diapers, suckled a bottle, the whole 9 yards. In his mind, he was a baby. So was that just a strange fetish or is he trapped in the wrong body? Do we try to cure him, or let medicaid pay for a nanny to change his diapers and give him his bottle?

How about something a lot more common, like anorexia? I've seen girls, nothing but skin and bone, look into a mirror and see fat. They are starving themselves, killing themselves. In their minds, they are fat. You can't convince them that they need a cheeseburger. Not with pictures, not with mirrors, not with a body fat index and calipers. Their mind tells them they are fat.

I'm a compassionate person who thinks this country has really failed our mentally ill. Are folks like these mentally ill? What is best for them and for our society? Treating them as if they were mentally ill or helping make their bodies match their brains?

Is there a continuum where transvestite is OK but transsexual is not? Or maybe changing your gender is OK but cutting off a leg is not OK?

I'm certainly not any smarter than the brains in the white lab coats. I don't know what the answer is. It's arrogant to presume you know for sure. Currently, we are lumping transsexual together sexual orientation. Since we have come to a consensus as a society that sexual orientation is something you are born with and different sexual orientations are OK, we are moving towards acceptance of transsexuals the same we we now accept gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. But this is NOT a sexual orientation. Jenner is a heterosexual, just like me. It's a body issue. Entirely different from sexual orientation.

I don't know what's best for the person trapped in the wrong body nor do I know what's best for society. I do know that history shows that the scientists get stuff wrong all the time. What I do suspect is whatever the right answer is for changing your gender is also the right answer for cutting off a healthy leg. It's too perfect of an analogy for different right answers.

If Caitlyn wants to be called Caitlyn, I will certainly respect that. Willard Romney wanted to be called Mitt. Norma Jean wanted to be called Marilyn. Aaron wanted to be called Ox.

I hope Caitlyn finds peace and happiness, if that is what Caitlyn is seeking. Heck, I hope everybody finds peace and happiness, if that is what they are seeking.

Alex.
Pick a side!

Jk

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, in a public bathroon, the person formally known as Bruce is using the ladies restroom?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
bradgator2;n232699 said:
So, in a public bathroon, the person formally known as Bruce is using the ladies restroom?

Which raises the question, When do people(men) start impersonating Trannie Annie just to get a peek? What's next some kind of squeeze tester at the door of public restrooms?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just think it's funny that the folks on here who are completely against all of this are the ones who bring up the, "So how would you feel if you child was a transgender" to the folks who actually accept it.

Ironic, isn't it?

Oh, and we've got some dumb ****ers on this Board.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And whatever you do..DON''T..Google "tranny" and then click "Images".

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n232786 said:
Oh, and we've got some dumb ****ers on this Board.

You certainly would know. I remember many, many, times you yourself proving it.

I'm not saying someone would abandon their kid if they ended up this way or that you wouldn't still love them and care for them like you always do, but to say you'd be just as happy if your kid was transgender as non-transgender is a lie. One reason of course being that transgender people have extremely high rates of mental illness.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n232806 said:
One reason of course being that transgender people have extremely high rates of mental illness.

100% according to some looneys on here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it the people that disagree have to resort to personal attacks and name calling?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n232986 said:
Why is it the people that disagree have to resort to personal attacks and name calling?

Angry as hell since they got their balls cut off?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n232986 said:

I thought looneys was pretty tame

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n233074 said:
I thought looneys was pretty tame

Looney Tunes used to be a really big show
PC is going to kill us all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;232459 said:
We love to accept what scientists say because we're suckers for the white lab coats. But what they say changes all the time. Remember when the key to weight loss was sugar free? Then it was low-fat. Now it's low carb. It will be something else soon enough.

Scientists used to say cholesterol was bad. Salt was bad. Now, maybe not so much.

Scientists used to say gay was a mental illness. Not anymore. I think they got that one right.

But scientists used to say that transgendered was an illness too. They have retreated from that position. Have they gotten it right, or is that subject to change at some point in the future?

Take a deep breath, open your mind, and think about this:

There is a condition out there where folks who were born in healthy bodies wish they were disabled. This is not a joke, I'm not making it up. Sometimes they pretend to be disabled, even getting married and never telling their spouse that they are not really disabled. They live in terror that they might be discovered some day. Sometimes they try to hurt themselves so that their actual body will match what they are in their minds. Some will ask doctors to amputate perfectly good limbs. Like a transsexual, they were born in the wrong bodies. They want their physical bodies to match their mental bodies.

So. What do we do? Try to cure them as if this is an illness? Go ahead and amputate a leg?

I remember reading about a guy a few years ago. He wanted to be a baby. He had a giant crib, wore diapers, suckled a bottle, the whole 9 yards. In his mind, he was a baby. So was that just a strange fetish or is he trapped in the wrong body? Do we try to cure him, or let medicaid pay for a nanny to change his diapers and give him his bottle?

How about something a lot more common, like anorexia? I've seen girls, nothing but skin and bone, look into a mirror and see fat. They are starving themselves, killing themselves. In their minds, they are fat. You can't convince them that they need a cheeseburger. Not with pictures, not with mirrors, not with a body fat index and calipers. Their mind tells them they are fat.

I'm a compassionate person who thinks this country has really failed our mentally ill. Are folks like these mentally ill? What is best for them and for our society? Treating them as if they were mentally ill or helping make their bodies match their brains?

Is there a continuum where transvestite is OK but transsexual is not? Or maybe changing your gender is OK but cutting off a leg is not OK?

I'm certainly not any smarter than the brains in the white lab coats. I don't know what the answer is. It's arrogant to presume you know for sure. Currently, we are lumping transsexual together sexual orientation. Since we have come to a consensus as a society that sexual orientation is something you are born with and different sexual orientations are OK, we are moving towards acceptance of transsexuals the same we we now accept gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. But this is NOT a sexual orientation. Jenner is a heterosexual, just like me. It's a body issue. Entirely different from sexual orientation.

I don't know what's best for the person trapped in the wrong body nor do I know what's best for society. I do know that history shows that the scientists get stuff wrong all the time. What I do suspect is whatever the right answer is for changing your gender is also the right answer for cutting off a healthy leg. It's too perfect of an analogy for different right answers.

If Caitlyn wants to be called Caitlyn, I will certainly respect that. Willard Romney wanted to be called Mitt. Norma Jean wanted to be called Marilyn. Aaron wanted to be called Ox.

I hope Caitlyn finds peace and happiness, if that is what Caitlyn is seeking. Heck, I hope everybody finds peace and happiness, if that is what they are seeking.

Alex.

This post is so long that I've waited to read it. I shouldn't have. It's great. You made me stop and think. Now, while I don't completely agree with your analogy on the disabled, I understand its logic. Anorexia, bulimia, depression, schizophrenia, are all horrible mental diseases. There's one specific to Asian men called Koro where they think that their penises are retreating.

And our medical system should do a better job with identifying mental illnesses and psychological traumas and engaging the right psychological therapy. About 10% of death row inmates have severe mental illness and almost all have suffered brain injuries or intense sexual abuse or psychological trauma. And of course we've seen in the news repeatedly the problem with our mental health system and veterans.

I agree that taxpayer dollars shouldn't go to fixing the body. The body is a symptom. It should go to therapy and treatment on the mind.

HOWEVER, engaging that treatment doesn't guarantee any sort of efficacy in outcome. So, if a person decides they want to go through physical transformation and they want to pay for it, that's their decision. And nobody else's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.