Meet Caitlyn Jenner

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n231848 said:
You have got to be kidding. You realize Jenner is now going to be getting his own TV show, right? Try checking out of a grocery store without being bombarded by who Jenner is dating now that he's unencumbered by his balls.

Your understanding of the media is very naive. We are now sentenced to decades of having to hear about every move Jenner and his devil spawn make as they vapidly stumble through life.

:alone:

This year's nominees for best supporting actress in a post or thread...

Sentenced? Talk about dramatic. Stay off lifetime and bravo - you'll pull through. I promise.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I never see commercials for any reality shows because I never tune to the channels that air them. Novel concept, eh?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to see half of the idiot people that are on the magazines when I check out at Publix, but I'm not going to have a fit over it. I just roll my eyes and move on. Or turn around and look at the chocolate. Mmmmm chocolate!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah lets just turn away and let a population that has an admittedly 63% mental illness ratio do whatever they want.....Hell let's just let all of the criminally insane out of jail while were at it. I'm sure they are really just nice people trapped in a criminals body :bwahaha:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ummmm....NBC owns the Kardashian franchise. They've made millions catering to the lowest common denominator and now the Kardashians are the biggest show for NBC Universal. If you think for one minute that they are going to limit advertising for those idiots to E! and Bravo and not milk this side show for everything it's worth you're nuts. They've made dumbing down America a top priority. Hell, what network hasn't?

Like I said, I could give two sh!ts if Jenner wants to go from a ram to a ewe (or eew! if you prefer), but acting like he's some kind of hero is insulting to people who actually do something heroic. I'm all for people doing whatever they want in the privacy of there own home as long as it's legal and doesn't harm anyone else. Still doesn't mean it's not screwed up.

Serious question, what if he DID want to make himself permanently paralyzed (like the people in the article I posted) because he felt that that's the way he would feel most natural? Do you think THAT would be screwed up? And if you feel that there's absolutely nothing abnormal about someone changing their sex would you be excited for your son or daughter to marry a transexual?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n232213 said:
Ummmm....NBC owns the Kardashian franchise. They've made millions catering to the lowest common denominator and now the Kardashians are the biggest show for NBC Universal. If you think for one minute that they are going to limit advertising for those idiots to E! and Bravo and not milk this side show for everything it's worth you're nuts. They've made dumbing down America a top priority. Hell, what network hasn't?

Like I said, I could give two sh!ts if Jenner wants to go from a ram to a ewe (or eew! if you prefer), but acting like he's some kind of hero is insulting to people who actually do something heroic. I'm all for people doing whatever they want in the privacy of there own home as long as it's legal and doesn't harm anyone else. Still doesn't mean it's not screwed up.

Serious question, what if he DID want to make himself permanently paralyzed (like the people in the article I posted) because he felt that that's the way he would feel most natural? Do you think THAT would be screwed up? And if you feel that there's absolutely nothing abnormal about someone changing their sex would you be excited for your son or daughter to marry a transexual?

Who wouldn't dream of having their son come home with a hottie sporting an Adam's apple and 5:00 shadow?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n232213 said:
You watch E! and Bravo a lot? Change your programming tastes.

She's a hero to a lot of trans people. If I think my mom's a hero for raising me and my brothers under the circumstances she was given. Heroism is all in the eye of the beholder.

I don't know of anyone who is biologically wired to be paralyzed, so that's a pretty piss poor example (but not as bad as comparing homosexuals and transgendereds to pedophiles or the mentally ill). And if my son/daughter was in love with anyone, I'd be happy that they found love no matter who it was. That's called being a great and supportive parent. But you know, there's always the option you forbid them to do what makes them happy and find love.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n231682 said:
"If you’re mad about this, you’re mad because you were duped by an internet meme, or more likely, you don’t want Caitlyn Jenner to receive any praise for an incredibly difficult journey that hopefully results in her being happier. If that’s the case, you’re a scumbag who should hop out of everyone’s timelines and news feeds. "

This is how badly rhetoric and discourse have devolved in modern journalism. If you don't want to celebrate a narcissistic reality show character you're labeled a transphobe "scumbag." It's a cheap way of defending your argument when your argument has no merit, and this lazy "columnist" uses this shallow, over-used method to make his worthless point. The great thing for people who don't have the ability to make an argument like this a$$hole, is that you can pull this out of your pocket at any time and immediately put your foe in the position of defending a negative. The "some of my best friends are LBGT" defense is laughable, but is the only way you can defend the baseless accusation that you are bigoted.

If you don't like the fact that Obama has killed countless civilians with drone airstrikes, why, you're a racist. If you opposed Barney Frank's endless advocacy for the bailouts of his super-rich buddies, why, you're a homophobe. If you correctly point out that our aid and support to Isreal has caused us to create unwanted enemies of terrorist organizations in the middle east, why, you're an anti-semite.

This crap is well past old at this point. If you call yourself a writer and you're still using this lazy, tired, "technique" of persuasive argument, it's time to hang it up and get yourself a social services job. You don't belong in this profession. That's pretty clear.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n232273 said:
You watch E! and Bravo a lot? Change your programming tastes.

She's a hero to a lot of trans people. If I think my mom's a hero for raising me and my brothers under the circumstances she was given. Heroism is all in the eye of the beholder.

I don't know of anyone who is biologically wired to be paralyzed, so that's a pretty piss poor example (but not as bad as comparing homosexuals and transgendereds to pedophiles or the mentally ill). And if my son/daughter was in love with anyone, I'd be happy that they found love no matter who it was. That's called being a great and supportive parent. But you know, there's always the option you forbid them to do what makes them happy and find love.

What about NBC owning this show do you not understand? They do not limit their advertising to the channels their shows are on. It's called business synergy. BTW, The Soup is on E! You should watch it. It's hilarious.

In this case his "heroism" is being forced down people's throats. The analogy of a woman raising her kids in a difficult situation and a guy who decides to change his gender, alienate his family, (don't think for a second his kids are really happy about this) and walk around in dresses isn't a very good one.

And yes, actually gender dysmorphia and body integrity dysmorphia seem to have very similar traits. The people who have it have the same intense feeling that they need to do dramatic things to their bodies. It's mis-wiring not normal wiring. If fact, many prominent psychiatrists believe it to be a form of mental illness that should be treated not acted upon.

I guess we'll have to wait until you have kids to see how you really would feel if a boy named Sue wanted to marry your son.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n232304 said:
I guess we'll have to wait until you have kids to see how you really would feel if a boy named Sue wanted to marry your son.

You won't have to wait at all, because I wouldn't care.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n232277 said:
How is this thread still going? :lol:

Soon to be the "Jason Collins Announces He's Gay" thread of Gatorchatter. :dance2:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
divits;n232307 said:
Soon to be the "Jason Collins Announces He's Gay" thread of Gatorchatter. :dance2:

One of the best threads to ever exist on the interwebs!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n232304 said:
And yes, actually gender dysmorphia and body integrity dysmorphia seem to have very similar traits. The people who have it have the same intense feeling that they need to do dramatic things to their bodies. It's mis-wiring not normal wiring. If fact, many prominent psychiatrists believe it to be a form of mental illness that should be treated not acted upon.
This is what I was thinking. For decades the transgendered were considered mentally ill. That has only recently changed and suddenly become a "bigoted" view.

As far as the "biologically wired" argument for this kind of thing, pedophiles can use that very same argument. They can say that's the way they've always felt. Yet is it tolerated? Are they encouraged to come out and be celebrated? After all, it's just the way they were born, they can't help it.

And let me stop the retort to this post in its tracks right now. I am not saying homosexuals or transgendered are pedophiles. I'm saying the ARGUMENT is the same. Why should a pedophile be forced to stay in the closet if that's the way he was born? Bigots!

I don't hate anyone. I don't want anyone beaten up. I don't want anyone to commit suicide.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n232360 said:
This is what I was thinking. For decades the transgendered were considered mentally ill. That has only recently changed and suddenly become a "bigoted" view.

As far as the "biologically wired" argument for this kind of thing, pedophiles can use that very same argument. They can say that's the way they've always felt. Yet is it tolerated? Are they encouraged to come out and be celebrated? After all, it's just the way they were born, they can't help it.

And let me stop the retort to this post in its tracks right now. I am not saying homosexuals or transgendered are pedophiles. I'm saying the ARGUMENT is the same. Why should a pedophile be forced to stay in the closet if that's the way he was born? Bigots!

Case closed!
Lock it up and throw away the key!!
tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n232360 said:

I don't hate anyone. I don't want anyone beaten up. I don't want anyone to commit suicide.
There's a huge difference between not identifying with the physical makeup of your body and raping children. It's such a horrible f*cking comparison to make, regardless if you're calling trans people pedophiles or not. It's not even remotely the same argument.

Lizard man was a perfectly comparable argument. He wants to look and feel as much like a lizard as he can, so he takes the necessary steps to do so. He isn't harming anyone by doing it, and it makes him happy. More power to him.

And as far as "for decades the transgendered were considered mentally ill" statement, do we really need to go through all the believes that were accepted for decades in this world?? Cocaine used to be a perfectly acceptable medication for depression and impotence. The world used to be flat. Paint and gasoline used to have lead in it. George Washington died because blood-letting was the method for curing pneumonia in his time and they basically drained his body of blood. Lobotomies were accepted practices. The list goes on and on. That's why we have modern science and medicine, to enhance and improve our knowledge on the unknown.

Also, people keep referring to Caitlyn as Bruce. I'm sorry, but she got her name changed. If we can refer to the former Chad Johnson as Chad Ochocinco or the former Ron Artest as Metta World Peace, we can refer to the former Bruce Jenner as Caitlyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator