Memorable Band Names

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still chuckle when I hear a reference to the Meat Puppets and Liquor Box. I guess coming up with a catchy name is the first step to fame in the music business. Any peculiar, funny band names to add?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not as funny as those already listed, but these give me a chuckle:
Mofro
Dread Zeppelin
Propellerheads

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not as funny as those already listed, but these give me a chuckle:
Mofro
Dread Zeppelin
Propellerheads
I remember seeing Dread Zeppelin on one of the late night shows years back, maybe Letterman. Lead singer was “Tort Elvis,” dresses and looks a lot like the King. Pretty bizarre stuff!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few more…

The Dead Milkmen, Test Icicles, and the current leader (and likely Chatter favorite)…

MIDGET HANDJOB

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I remember seeing Dread Zeppelin on one of the late night shows years back, maybe Letterman. Lead singer was “Tort Elvis,” dresses and looks a lot like the King. Pretty bizarre stuff!

I had a buddy who worked the door at Summers on the Beach on the Strip in Lauderdale in 1985. My girlfriend at the time and I were bar hopping on the Strip one weekend night, and stopped to say hi to him. He said, "you've got to see this band", and moved us in ahead of the crowd. We were standing 6 feet from the tiny stage, and caught Dread Zeppelin. Blew us away! One of the best combinations of originality, showmanship, and musical ability I've seen.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Still chuckle when I hear a reference to the Meat Puppets and Liquor Box. I guess coming up with a catchy name is the first step to fame in the music business. Any peculiar, funny band names to add?
Can't leave The Dead Kennedys off this list.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
EO_7CgvX0AI9vvC.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
4-In-Legion used to play regular at Bullwinkles in Tallahassee. I think that was their zenith.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
4-In-Legion used to play regular at Bullwinkles in Tallahassee. I think that was their zenith.
Bullwinkles is a good Segway to another thread about memorable/interesting/funny/confusing/crazy/disgusting etc. bar names.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Actually some good music. I just have to reprogram the thought of Todd Grantham from my brain.

* Edit - :lol: Don’t know what happened here, but I initially embedded a Big Head Todd and the Monsters video, “Bittersweet,”checked back and see a SNL video “Straight Male Friends” video in its place! Think I’ll leave it and just stick the BHT video in…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator