Meril Hoge's Worship of Jameis Winston

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are commentators vowing Jameis Winston will out Brady Tommy boy, out Luck Andrew, out Rodgers Aatron. Apparently your favorite critic, Meril Hoge, is not one of them. He points out that Jameis Winston has slow, lumbering movement in the pocket and a slow throwing motion which requires superior protection to succeed. He then shows how poorly he handles pressure in the pocket and how his inability to adjust to pressure is what led to a lot of his interceptions. He really made a good case for why Jameis will struggle in the NFL if he doesn't go to a team with a good offensive line. At one point Hoge slipped his political correctness and blurted Jameis Winston is a fat, slow, and lumbering athlete that NFL will expose.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/ron-ja...stock-on-espn/

Then again this is the same clown that said “in half a heart beat” he would select Griffin over Luck if he was drafting for Indianapolis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to watch Rapeis flop in the NFL. It's as inevitable as Paytie crapping himself in the playoffs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's entering a horrible situation in Tampa Bay. That ought to expose him to all sorts of ridicule early on.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
What's going to be fun to watch is when he starts getting lit up and then he starts hollering at his oline and then they just quit blocking for his a$$ all together. At FSU if he didn't have a clean pocket and started getting hit you could see him trashing his oline time and time again. Then he'd come to the sidelines and start doing the same to his coaches. So expect much of the same next yr from him when sh*t starts going south.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This should be fun to watch. Not just the video, Rapeis in the NFL.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't wait to see that asshat get violated by some NFL DL'men.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm still amazed out how the average college football fan can see how bad he's going to be but the brains in the NFL can't. Did they not watch the whole 2014 season? He was surrounded by more NFL ready talent then the whole SEC east or and other division in college ball except the west. Yet he still was a turnover machine. When he was picked first my wife was even like "WTH did they not watch him play". He is going to be the biggest bust since J. Russell, at least Russell wasn't such of POS.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa is one of the worst places he could end up. His maturity level is non-existent

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually I disagree with Meril Hoge. Jameis Winston will start for Tampa and mirror somewhere between JaMarcus Russell and Cam Newton, a mere middle of the road NFL quarterback that will not put the fear of Allah in Defensive Coordinators during the Post Season should the Bucs luck their way into the Playoffs.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What goes around, comes around... smile Winston, if it's not a realigned spine, it'll be jail time.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Alvin York;n218478 said:
Actually I disagree with Meril Hoge. Jameis Winston will start for Tampa and mirror somewhere between JaMarcus Russell and Cam Newton, a mere middle of the road NFL quarterback that will not put the fear of Allah in Defensive Coordinators during the Post Season should the Bucs luck their way into the Playoffs.
Man take Allah **** to the a Vol board Goat Banger!

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Man take Allah **** to the a Vol board Goat Banger!

Jorts for brains, Allah is the Arabic name for the same God of Christians, Jews and Muslims. Get some education and learn about the world.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Alvin York;n218490 said:
Jorts for brains, Allah is the Arabic name for the same God of Christians, Jews and Muslims. Get some education and learn about the world.
I have enough education to know I don't want to hear that bull$hit fu*kboy!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n218307 said:
There are commentators vowing Jameis Winston will out Brady Tommy boy, out Luck Andrew, out Rodgers Aaron.

He may out rape Roethlisberger, but any comparison to real NFL QBs stops there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is going into a situation where he has two huge, All-Pro WR's in Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. He could do a hell of a lot worse. Those two guys are going to bail him out of a lot of bad throws, just like Kelvin Benjamin did.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Bait'n Gator;n218463 said:
I'm still amazed out how the average college football fan can see how bad he's going to be but the brains in the NFL can't. Did they not watch the whole 2014 season? He was surrounded by more NFL ready talent then the whole SEC east or and other division in college ball except the west. Yet he still was a turnover machine. When he was picked first my wife was even like "WTH did they not watch him play". He is going to be the biggest bust since J. Russell, at least Russell wasn't such of POS.

My thoughts exactly.... What am I missing? How is he the most NFL ready?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n218666 said:
Winston is going into a situation where he has two huge, All-Pro WR's in Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. He could do a hell of a lot worse. Those two guys are going to bail him out of a lot of bad throws, just like Kelvin Benjamin did.

Yeah, but he will have a helluva lot more pressure and much tighter windows to throw into... He is already shown his penchant to just throw it up if pressured...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator