Meril Hoge's Worship of Jameis Winston

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n218666 said:
Winston is going into a situation where he has two huge, All-Pro WR's in Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. He could do a hell of a lot worse. Those two guys are going to bail him out of a lot of bad throws, just like Kelvin Benjamin did.

Yep it was unreal how many times Benjamin bailed him out on 3rd downs that season. He would just throw it high in his area and Benjamin would catch it most of the time.

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
But every once in awhile there will be an all pro corner and/or safety there to cover those receivers. All one of the division opponents needs to do is draft VHIII next year and in 2 games of the year half the field will be taken away.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n218325 said:
He'll be a turnover machine.
He was a turnover machine this past season in college wait until the NFL gets a look at him. Can't stand how arrogant and unapologetic he is about all the damage he did as FSU. He's going to a team with a bad offensive mind as head coach. I am not saying he will be Jamarcus Jr. but he will struggle early on in the NFL. Does he have the guts to fight out of it on the NFL level? I have my doubts.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n218666 said:
Winston is going into a situation where he has two huge, All-Pro WR's in Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. He could do a hell of a lot worse. Those two guys are going to bail him out of a lot of bad throws, just like Kelvin Benjamin did.

That is why I was hoping the Titans would have drafted Rapeis instead of the Bucs.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TE NICK O'LEARY also saved JW's butt in a lot of games. I was going to point out how much of JW's inability was hidden behind a great TE, but Nick went in the 6th rd (194 overall to the Bills), so I don't know if Nick isn't that good (meaning JW was better), or if TEs just weren't drafted high in general.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n219031 said:
TE NICK O'LEARY also saved JW's butt in a lot of games. I was going to point out how much of JW's inability was hidden behind a great TE, but Nick went in the 6th rd (194 overall to the Bills), so I don't know if Nick isn't that good (meaning JW was better), or if TEs just weren't drafted high in general.
I thought he was a pretty productive and capable TE also, sure handed, nice routes. Kinda surprised he didn't go higher also. The scouting report doesn't like him athletically. https://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ary?id=2552403

It's the usual for the NFL, forget productivity and look at how fast he runs the shuttle, runs the 40, and how much he benches.Then they get surprised when they learn that guys like Max Garcia are better than some combine freaks like DJ Hump. I think Bear Cummings is just the kind of two gapper who will stick in the NFL also despite lesser combine results.

Back to O'Leary, sometimes it's just the right mix. If he has two great WRs that demand double teams or deep drops by the safeties, then he can use his sure hands in way that he couldn't if the defense were not fearful of the WRs. He can't block so we would have sent him to our AAA farm team in Louisville if he had signed with us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;219075 said:
He can't block so we would have sent him to our AAA farm team in Louisville if he had signed with us.

Unfortunately a AAA farm team that we can't call guys up from.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm: Yeah, I know. We're doing it wrong.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n218666 said:

Jameis is also going to the city with the highest strip club density in the nation. That's also a match made in heaven...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.