Meyer: 1st Year Coaches Need to Stop Blaming Players

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer has no room to criticize anyone..
3 dislikes....... Apparently we have some Meyer Knob Polishers on the board.....

I hate the lying bastid and give zero fvks for anything he says.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not one to agree with Urbs very often, but on this point I agree with Creyer. Of course in year 1 you have the leftover players as well as quickly put together recruiting class, but you can still teach, develop, etc. and those things can be seen. So with Butters he has had 2 full and of his own recruiting classes, plus year one. We have seen zero that would say he is coaching anyone. The idea that you have to let the coach get his guys is laughable. All the major programs are recruiting and offering the exact same players!!!

And even if you don't have those players you can adapt to the ones you have. I get tired of people thinking say if we change from a pro type offense to a spread we need a new group of players. And not making unforced errors is mostly coaching.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with urbs here... but man, it did not take him anytime to throw Herman under the bus...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
3 dislikes....... Apparently we have some Meyer Knob Polishers on the board.....

I hate the lying bastid and give zero fvks for anything he says.
you'd know. you spent the first part of this decade polishing chimp's, and youve been doing a pretty good job with mac's as well. Bravo.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Besides the Spurrier decade of macho bravado storm your city while leaving our opponents Sundays filled with dejection and heartbroken, Meyer gave me a boatload of in your face good times. Dude is a dyed in the wool northerner with bucknuts sheets and pillow cases... gave us Championships and then moved on to continue his dreams. Glad the Gators were part of his stepping stone approach. It's our dickhead ADs that have ruined the program slumming x-dawgs and mountain west participation trophy types. Go Gators!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you'd know. you spent the first part of this decade polishing chimp's, and youve been doing a pretty good job with mac's as well. Bravo.

Don't choke on that Meyer knob!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Besides the Spurrier decade of macho bravado storm your city while leaving our opponents Sundays filled with dejection and heartbroken, Meyer gave me a boatload of in your face good times. Dude is a dyed in the wool northerner with bucknuts sheets and pillow cases... gave us Championships and then moved on to continue his dreams. Glad the Gators were part of his stepping stone approach. It's our dickhead ADs that have ruined the program slumming x-dawgs and mountain west participation trophy types. Go Gators!!

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can't dispute anything Meyer says in the article. You're the HC...own it. However, I still have to look at him with a jaundiced eye, despite my appreciation for what he accomplished during his time in Gainesville. Getting all yeastie like he did at the end was not the most graceful exit and I admit to still being a little chafed as a result. I don't think it at all lessens what he directed at Herman et al, but were I to be able to kick back a few beers with him, I'd have to ask WTF???

Concerning Meyer, I think Stud said it best a few posts back.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Spurrier's first game and very first series at Florida. He took a bunch of players that were used to running a ho-hum, grind it out offense and turned them into a high flying circus that chucked it around and drove down the field to score in just a few plays.

The best show why they're the best by finding the best way to utilize what they've got.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Spurrier's first game and very first series at Florida. He took a bunch of players that were used to running a ho-hum, grind it out offense and turned them into a high flying circus that chucked it around and drove down the field to score in just a few plays.

The best show why they're the best by finding the best way to utilize what they've got.
Iirc... TE played a key role because that's what had.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
+10000. He loved to stick it to the leghumpers. The game he called all the time outs at the end? I still love him for that! Plus ... 2 NCs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Northerner or not, Meyer showed more hate and disdain for our rivals than Muschamp and Butters combined. Meyer knows that winning rivalry games matters, and matters huge.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Northerner or not, Meyer showed more hate and disdain for our rivals than Muschamp and Butters combined. Meyer knows that winning rivalry games matters, and matters huge.
+1. IMO... the rivalries are what makes college football interesting. Spurrier knows that too ... he was 5-2 vs Swaney at Clemson. Clemson obviously had the better players. But in S.C., if you beat Clemson, it's a winning season ,no matter the actual record. It's the same way I feel about the leg humpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator