Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014

It sounds like he said Fuch you how yall handled this crap. Then he proceeded to say basically that if crystal balls does anything next year it's cause Mandy set him up but the hurrican'ts didn't give him time.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I heard the boosters reached out to Shapiro and told him we're getting the band back together.

c4a82180-acc1-11ea-bdea-fc5c5cc4ff8f

1313263565.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reach out to him to say what?

"Hey man, how are you? By the way, we're stealing your coach."
yeah, as if the agent didn't? The offerred up a $100 MM extension for some reason.

Honestly, Oreygone should thank Miami and send flowers to FSU.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He sure showed a lot more class than his employer did.

Yes he did.

Miami may have really screwed themselves with the bush league way they handled this. Manny’s dad, Manny Sr., is the former mayor of Miami and is now the chairman of the Florida Democratic Party. Political affiliations aside, he’s a somebody who is well connected. I can’t imagine he’s happy with how they treated his son. When the boomerang comes back around & the U needs some help from a well connected politician, Manny Sr. just might give them the middle finger.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I hate scUM, getting Diaz on staff in Gainesville would be a great boon for recruiting.
Remember when I said as bad as it has been that all the other DCs Mullinz has hired have been worse than Grantham?

Why would you want someone like this on staff?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
yeah, very bad look by miami. they better hope super mario works out or they may have real problems next go around. not sure ive seen a worsely handled coaching transition. im not a diaz fan, but he seems like a good man regardless of his coaching acumen. what was done was dead wrong and i feel very badly for him. he's the only one that was professional throughout the entire ordeal.

People seem to forget that Diaz ditched Temple two weeks after they hired him as soon as Miami opened up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As much as I hate scUM, getting Diaz on staff in Gainesville would be a great boon for recruiting.

Until this fiasco and bad PR look for miami I would’ve disagreed. But if we could somehow manage to use the empathetic card to raid whatever talent we want from their class and roster, it may actually be worth it. Being viewed as the good guys who “are there for you” certainly couldn’t hurt. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t work, he lands no one and we launch him a few days after February NSD, which would go virtually unnoticed given the current theatrics in CG.

Jun 2, 2015
If I read it right, Mario's buyout at Oregon is like 9 million, Manny's buyout if he's fired this year is like 8 mil. Mario looks to be currently making around 5 mil annually. How the fuch could Scum afford all this, and still offer Mario at least a competitive offer to what Oregon will no doubt counter with? I imagine Oregon could easily up him to 7 if they wanted to, no way Scum finds this kind of money.

Not sure where the money came from, but I did check thoroughly to make sure no banks in South FL had been robbed.

Jun 2, 2015
Yes he did.

Miami may have really screwed themselves with the bush league way they handled this. Manny’s dad, Manny Sr., is the former mayor of Miami and is now the chairman of the Florida Democratic Party. Political affiliations aside, he’s a somebody who is well connected. I can’t imagine he’s happy with how they treated his son. When the boomerang comes back around & the U needs some help from a well connected politician, Manny Sr. just might give them the middle finger.

Well, I personally would never ask a democrat for the time of day & expect to get an honest answer.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
KiffinFace3-4_3.JPG

That look you had on your face when USC wouldn't let you ride the bus back home is the same look you have when you find out your agent couldn't pimp you out to Miami and you're stuck in Mississippi with no popcorn.

giphy.gif

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LOL! Another red flag Mario should have a raised eyebrow over. The media WILL ask about the hiring process and the way Manny Diaz was treated. COUNT ON IT. This is like the proverbial red cape being waved at the bull and daring it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah, very bad look by miami. they better hope super mario works out or they may have real problems next go around. not sure ive seen a worsely handled coaching transition. im not a diaz fan, but he seems like a good man regardless of his coaching acumen. what was done was dead wrong and i feel very badly for him. he's the only one that was professional throughout the entire ordeal.
Are you forgetting how he ditch Temple to go to Miami right after he accepted that job? Tit for tat.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Are you forgetting how he ditch Temple to go to Miami right after he accepted that job? Tit for tat.
yeah i did forget about that. still think this is much different and much worse, but point well taken.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where the money came from, but I did check thoroughly to make sure no banks in South FL had been robbed.
:lol:

The money came from covid, apparently.

Cristobal and Miami were finalizing terms on a 10-year, $80 million deal, by far the richest the Hurricanes ever have given a coach. Diaz was making around $4 million annually. The university has said it plans to give athletics an influx of cash, in part because the school's hospital system has seen profits skyrocket during the pandemic.

Oregon's Cristobal takes Miami coaching job after Diaz fired

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miami doesn't have their own stadium, so that saves them some money lolol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.