Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This shows how much on the edge some programs find themselves living in order to keep up with the Joneses.

Obviously Miami is doing everything short of having a bake sale to right a series of wrongs that have beset its football program. It can ill afford another hiring mistake at this point.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Brock Huard just said Cristobal's deal with Miami included them building an on campus stadium. Said a billionaire booster has already helped them line the funding up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brock Huard just said Cristobal's deal with Miami included them building an on campus stadium. Said a billionaire booster has already helped them line the funding up.
That's difficult to believe, and even if it's true, how long do you think it would take to be designed, built, and opened? Ten years?

Cristobal is likely to be fired within 5.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
That's difficult to believe, and even if it's true, how long do you think it would take to be designed, built, and opened? Ten years?

I would think so as well. He also was bragging about how good of a job he did at FIU so he's obviously somewhat full of shyt.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Do you know if it’s a guaranteed ten year deal? Do they own him regardless of success?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Miami deserves what it gets if it’s dumb and desperate enough to include a new football stadium in a deal for a second tier P5 coach.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
80MM?

That’s a lot of weight someone’s gotta move.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Look at Miami pooling their money and getting their man. You have to admire that.

Cristobal could have shaken Phil Knight down if he wanted to stay at Oregon - it's obvious he wants the Miami job.
I wonder if the ducks are happy to see him go. He’s an average coach at best.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just saw Miami gave "more than $8m for assistants".

Curious if there will be bidding wars between them and us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just saw Miami gave "more than $8m for assistants".

Curious if there will be bidding wars between them and us.

We're definitely going to go head to head w/ them for a couple of coaches. I'm not sure if a bidding war will decide which one's we get - it's going to be more of who that particular coach wants to work for/with.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're definitely going to go head to head w/ them for a couple of coaches. I'm not sure if a bidding war will decide which one's we get - it's going to be more of who that particular coach wants to work for/with.
Seider wanted by UF and Miami. Dave Waters says the smoke is real and could happen faster, and it's leaning UF. I assume it would be RB for Miami, and hearing/seeing TE for UF.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't he turn down TE at UF under Mullen?
Yes but I think he felt slighted because he was kept on as RB while Knox coached MSU bowl, then got bumped to TE. Think it was more of a way it was handled deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.