Michael Oher Sues his "Adoptive" Family

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If Oher can prove they got him, a minor, to enter into a conservatorship under the false pretense that it’s an adoption, that contract is voidable. And, if they used love, affection, and removal from poverty through adoption as the proverbial carrot to get him to sign that conservatorship, that family is gonna have a bad day in court.

Lesson of the day: NEVER contract with a minor. Unless lawyers are involved and things are buttoned up, the minor may be able to void the contract, while you don’t get that luxury.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lesson of the day: NEVER contract with a minor. Unless lawyers are involved and things are buttoned up, the minor may be able to void the contract, while you don’t get that luxury.

I thought you were going to say never try to help fat people. Totally misread the direction you were headed there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Oher can prove they got him, a minor, to enter into a conservatorship under the false pretense that it’s an adoption, that contract is voidable. And, if they used love, affection, and removal from poverty through adoption as the proverbial carrot to get him to sign that conservatorship, that family is gonna have a bad day in court.

I realize you're related to Oher (you must be after this embarrassing post), which is exactly why you should know he wasn't a minor when he signed anything.

If Oher actually had a case, he would have sued YEARS ago.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I realize you're related to Oher (you must be after this embarrassing post), which is exactly why you should know he wasn't a minor when he signed anything.

If Oher actually had a case, he would have sued YEARS ago.
Huh, didn’t know that. Then Oher is an idiot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Pretty sure he already admitted it in another thread. Check with NV. He’s usually in charge of finding them.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Ummm, he was 18 at the time and his birth mother agreed to it and was present for the court proceedings.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would tend to think and well as Oher should.......What would his career looked like if they had not stopped, asked him why he was sleeping in the gym, and they had not got him into school. Hmmmmmmmm. Think on that for a minute Big Mike??

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So let me get this straight..

His dad abandoned him.

His mom neglects him for crack and leaves him homeless.

And the bad guys are the white people who took him in but didnt give him a good enough deal on the movie rights? :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
So let me get this straight..

His dad abandoned him.

His mom neglects him for crack and leaves him homeless.

And the bad guys are the white people who took him in but didnt give him a good enough deal on the movie rights? :lol:

SnoopyShyBorer-size_restricted.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.