Michael Oher Sues his "Adoptive" Family

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Damn. Oher is a d1ck.

He’s a product of an unappreciative generation. Add that to the recent mantra of “certain people are out to get you”, and this is the result. Somebody posted Kap above, and not surprisingly, he too has had unkind words about his adoptive parents in recent months. Almost as if there’s a pattern.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a sad state of affairs. This is why a lot of people do not give directly to the needy, preferring to donate to charitable organizations. You would think that Oher would be appreciative of the “hand up” along with the love he was given, but that obviously wasn’t a core value he was exposed to early enough. That and if he’s run through all of his NFL money is enough to put him on the hunt for cash. Lord only knows who’s advising him now. Probably the same guy who talked him into sinking $4 mil in a car wash business that never panned out (kidding but this actually happened to a now-broke ex-NFLer). Humans gonna human.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

“Michael got every dime, every dime he had coming,” Fishman said.

“They don’t need his money. They’ve never needed his money. Mr. Tuohy sold his company for $220 million,” Farese added.

The Tuohys’ attorneys also contended that Oher was well aware he had never been adopted.

Fishman said the former football star mentioned that the couple were his conservators three times in “I Beat The Odds: From Homeless, To The Blind Side,” his 2011 memoir.

“There was one major event that happened right after I graduated high school: I became a legal member of the Tuohy family,” Oher wrote. “It felt kind of like a formality, as I’d been a part of the family for more than a year at that point.”

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"What I feel really sad about is I watched the whole thing up close," Lewis said. "They showered him with resources and love. That he’s suspicious of them is breathtaking. The state of mind one has to be in to do that — I feel sad for him."

I wonder who helped him arrive at this state of mind.
There seems to be a lot of people pushing things below the surface these days.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a sad state of affairs. This is why a lot of people do not give directly to the needy, preferring to donate to charitable organizations. You would think that Oher would be appreciative of the “hand up” along with the love he was given, but that obviously wasn’t a core value he was exposed to early enough. That and if he’s run through all of his NFL money is enough to put him on the hunt for cash. Lord only knows who’s advising him now. Probably the same guy who talked him into sinking $4 mil in a car wash business that never panned out (kidding but this actually happened to a now-broke ex-NFLer). Humans gonna human.

He was advised by the same person that told Meghan Markle she could take down the royal family.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Could it be, "SATAN?"
dana-carvey-08.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hugh Freeze weighs in. For those who might not know, Freeze was Oher’s HS coach and knows the Tuohys as well.

I know it won’t happen, but should facts continue to come out in their favor, they really should counter-sue for not only their legal costs(which he may have to cover anyway, I guess), but also for libel. What’s sad is, if you read Freeze’s words, who will end up taking the hit is the next kid(s) who needs help. This will be so publicized that no one will ever take that risk again.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I may be casting about for a reason, but if Oher thought he was being adopted and just realized he is not heir to some of that 230 million, that could be his hurt feelings.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I know it won’t happen, but should facts continue to come out in their favor, they really should counter-sue for not only their legal costs(which he may have to cover anyway, I guess), but also for libel. What’s sad is, if you read Freeze’s words, who will end up taking the hit is the next kid(s) who needs help. This will be so publicized that no one will ever take that risk again.
While I never met the Tuohys when I lived in Memphis, Sean Tuohy was very well known around town and had a great reputation. No matter how this ends I suspect they would never sue Oher. In fact, I’d bet anything they want a reconciliation more than anything else.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I may be casting about for a reason, but if Oher thought he was being adopted and just realized he is not heir to some of that 230 million, that could be his hurt feelings.

I’m thankful that I was able to get into one of those Titanic lifeboats, but I couldn’t help but notice I wasn’t offered any champagne like the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.