Michael Sam cut. Lawsuit coming?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one claimed Michel Sam....... I'm surprised....

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee he came to his exit interview in flip flops. Who does that?? Unless flip flops for men are a new trend.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n39160 said:
Gee he came to his exit interview in flip flops. Who does that?? Unless flip flops for men are a new trend.
I know plenty of men who wear flip flops.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I recall on several of the 'Fins Hard Knocks episodes, the exit interviews were pretty casual and a little awkward.
The Rams have a fairly stout defense - had them on my fantasy team last year so it's not too surprising they cut him.
But I bet there will be a few teams that will consider picking him up ...especially if they have some injuries crop up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he had done enough to warrant placement on the practice squad especially with 10 spots.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I thought he had done enough to warrant placement on the practice squad especially with 10 spots.
The practice squad is to keep players where you have needs. The Rams don't need any more linebackers.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n39923 said:
I'd wear them every day if i could

I agree. But let's face it, there are some people who should just NEVER wear them.

Z

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
Happens quite often. Watching Hard Knocks you see it more than any other footwear for the Exit Interview.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
divits said:
-THE DUDE-;n39923 said:
I'd wear them every day if i could

I agree. But let's face it, there are some people who should just NEVER wear them.

Z
Agreed. If you could see the toe nail on my left big toe ...you would hurl. BTW... was there supposed to be a picture along with your comment? I saw a broken link type of icon.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll lose respect for him if he sues. He didn't make the team.....deal with it. He wasn't good enough, and being gay shouldn't give him any special treatment. That's the whole thing, right?....equality? Same with some women who cry equality only when it benefits them. It's not right, and neither would Same suing be.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of defenses does Canada run - maybe he can play up there for a year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he will sue. He knew coming in he was a 7th round pick on a defensive line filled team. He was given an opportunity and didn't make the 53 man roster. All he asked for was an opportunity, which he was given. It doesn't mean that he can't get better as a player, and try as a street free agent or an open try out with another team at another time. He is the first openly gay guy in the league but not the first gay guy in the league.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he looked like he could make it... No lawsuit will be forthcoming...

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n38460 said:
Now they are saying the Rams will sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.
The liberal sports media is begging for at least the practice squad, and so far, not even that has happened. One of the ESPN news tickers over the weekend read; "Sam clears waivers, now free to be signed to a practice squad." Name another waived player who got that disclaimer, ESPN basically promoting his practice squad availability.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n40003 said:
The liberal sports media is begging for at least the practice squad, and so far, not even that has happened. One of the ESPN news tickers over the weekend read; "Sam clears waivers, now free to be signed to a practice squad." Name another waived player who got that disclaimer, ESPN basically promoting his practice squad availability.

They tried to act like someone with the Rams fed them that right after he was cut but I wouldn't be surprised if they just lied to try and help him but in reality they probably made it less likely another team signed him with all their reporting on him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The goal line play against the browns where everyone had come off the ball and were engaged while he was still coming out of his stance spoke volumes. The guy has no explosiveness whatsoever. He is undersized too. Those kind of guys have a terrible time making rosters. Bills center Eric Wood blamed ESPN which is stupid.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
The goal line play against the browns where everyone had come off the ball and were engaged while he was still coming out of his stance spoke volumes. The guy has no explosiveness whatsoever. He is undersized too. Those kind of guys have a terrible time making rosters. Bills center Eric Wood blamed ESPN which is stupid.
exactly, he needs to work on his explosion and he wasn't quick enough for special teams. He was a 7th round pick, there is a reason for that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sam would need a team that just wants another small DE for obvious passing downs.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Gator Fever;n38460 said:
Now they are saying the Rams will sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.
They already filled their PS and he's not on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.