Mick (and more!)

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Pure joy from Mac, players and fans. Fun to watch.

Then minutes later in the presser he couldn't be more somber. Didn't show any of the emotion he showed with the team.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure I'm in somebody's video. My seats are in that end zone and he caught it right in front of us. A bunch of people around us were taking videos with their phones and I'm sure my mug ended up in front of a couple of them. We went crazy.

The funny thing is I was watching Cleveland running at us pretty much the whole way and started celebrating long before he caught it. Kinda triangulated the flight of the ball and Cleveland running with peripheral vision and could tell that the two were going to intersect. Crazy play.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Pure joy from Mac, players and fans. Fun to watch.

Then minutes later in the presser he couldn't be more somber. Didn't show any of the emotion he showed with the team.

Probably because he knows he's still a dead man walking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ROFL @ Johnny Townsend jumping, and sitting on top of the pile to celebrate.:lmao2:
That **** is pretty dangerous actually. You know a dozen or more dudes laying on you can make it really damn hard to breath.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think it is more about how the team is dealing with negativity. The locker room vibe was so upbeat but publicly much more restrained.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That **** is pretty dangerous actually. You know a dozen or more dudes laying on you can make it really damn hard to breath.

I actually thought Cleveland's "emotion" laying on the ground after the pile gets up, and then him taking a free steps and taking a knee again were him trying to get his air. The tears at the end of that were real though. On him, too.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tecmo Bowl! - if you aren't old enough to know what this is then ignore and don't comment!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't get all the hate on coaches and play calling for this last play.

Yeah, they f'd the time management leading up to it. But there is no arguing the fact that MacNuss called the play. TC even stated it was a go route, he just faded into the middle with it.

For "Franks said fk MacNuss I'm going for it" and the "Staff was just running out the clock" - Bullsht. Four wideouts, all on upfield routes? ONE was across the middle (the one hit by Grier to Callaway two yrs ago) and the others are upfield? MAYBE, if the call was to hit Thompson on the outlet pass to the left after everyone cleared the DBs deep. Maybe. Or MAYBE if the call was for FF to scramble into FG range, maybe.

Bottom line, the hate has blinded some of ya'll. That doesn't change the facts:
1. MacNuss called the play - a go for the throat/win kinda play. They called it.
2. The players ran the right routes.
3. The pocket broke down and Franks showed escapability to keep the play alive, and the presence of mind not to run but to stop and throw. Kudos to him for recognition (we knew he had the arm, didn't know he'd have the poise). I'd give him all the credit for that, but isn't that the type of mental decision making we've been begging for our coaches to get the kids to have? I didn't watch his HS tapes to know how much he would have stopped and thrown vs running, so I don't know how much credit to give the coaches.

The kids executed - plain and simple. The kids executed on a play our staff called, and won the game. Like it or not.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
From another thread:

Not only was it NOT a Hail Mary, it wasnt even meamt to be thrown down field. It was supposed to be thrown to the crossing route but Franks decided to win the game instead of playing bullshyt MacElchump conservative just run the clockout ball.

It was. Said in the presser that it was only meant to pick up yardage for Eddie.

Which wouldnt have happened bc fvkking butters let 12 second run while waiting on a first down measurent.

If we HAD hit that crossing route, time would have expired. Just stupid coaching.

So, the plan WAS to hit the crossing route again. I'll leave my embarrassing statement up there as a reminder for myself while I grumble into the corner about how the other routes are run as options as well and Franks made the right progression given the time expiring and ....
well...and fk mac.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From another thread:

So, the plan WAS to hit the crossing route again. I'll leave my embarrassing statement up there as a reminder for myself while I grumble into the corner about how the other routes are run as options as well and Franks made the right progression given the time expiring and ....
well...and fk mac.

It was amazingly bad defense... I think they were focused on trying to prevent field goal and were worried about Eddie's You Tube videos... LOL (I'm serious about that part).

The play may have been designed for crossing, but it gave options. It was designed for crossing because nobody expects the safeties to be so bad that they allow receivers to get behind them. The really interesting part is if you look at some of the angles you can see that Powell is actually open as well! They let two guys get behind them. CRAZY!!!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Can we send an invite to Alvin? I would love to see him cry about the "Tennessee Streak".

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You can really hear in these videos how quiet it gets when the ball is in the air, and it was in the air a long time!

I have to tell on myself, though. I didn't celebrate nearly as much or in a way that I should have, because I spent a lot of energy belittling the UT douchebag fan sitting a couple seats down from me.

First, my section was solid blue except for this one pumpkin orange and black tool and his girlfriend. At first I tried to give him a break...maybe he was there with friends (which I've done at away games), but it didn't look like it. He was pretty subdued the first half, as a visitor should be, but then when UT started showing some life, he started up with his douchebaggery.

I might have still given him a break for his excitement, because I also sometimes can't contain myself when something good happens, but then I watched him, and not only was he "over the top", but he would immediately look around as he was doing it to see whose skin he could get under...he was there to taunt Gators.

Game f*cking on.

You DO NOT come into our house, get tickets in the middle of our section, so you can show your ass. I'll refrain from sharing my comments, but clearly his fat little girlfriend was offended. But as things kept going UTs way, I tried to demonstrate the maturity that my age would dictate and ignore this punk...but I was seething, not just with him, but with how the game was going. I was close to being triggered.

After our "no timeout debacle", this f*cktard stands up and starts yelling "OT! OT Baby!" with this shyt-eating grin, looking around to see who was looking at him. And then...it happened.

I saw Cleveland raise his hand....I saw Franks with the little "hitch", and then his big windup...the ball's in the air....the big gasp....the catch....and then the explosion. I was in the sunshine seats for Grier to Callaway, and that was awesome, but being closer to the field, on the south side (I'm about 25 yd line), the explosion was even bigger! I had my arms straight up, yelling "holy shyt" nonstop, and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him.

The most dumbfounded, blank, dead stare you've ever seen, and I instinctually went straight into the biggest chomp right at him. He refused to look at me at first, but his fat girlfriend was looking at me in horror, and finally when he looked I said "No OT, Baby!...now why don't you get the f*ck out of my stadium!" He looked away again pretending he couldn't hear me, but tears started welling up, when he turned around and started leaving.

Now in retrospect, I'm a little embarrassed, both in the way I acted, and that I let this guy get under my skin enough that I focused on him rather than the joy of the win. But at the time, the way he acted the whole 2nd half, there wasn't any way I could stop myself.

I hate UT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.