Mike Bianchi article

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-uf-tennessee-mike-bianchi-0917-story.html

He's basically saying that this game is a turning point and that fans should get off Mac's back about the offense.

Wrong!

Tennessee should've won. We won because of their bad play calling, missed FGs, and lucky final pass (not a Hail Mary lol). Our offense still sucks and Mac is horrible at clock management. But I do agree that it's time to get behind Franks, through all his highs and lows.

Time to bash Bianchi.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That was one of the laziest articles that Bianchi has ever written. It's obvious he didn't watch the game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Southerngrilling said it best, fools gold.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bianchi article?

rYIk4gz.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That article was a joke and Bianchi knows it. He loves to play the contrarian just to piss people off. Whereas Edgar pretty much nails it. This is at least a 5 loss team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How's this for a dose of reality? Tennessee is a bad football team.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That was one of the laziest articles that Bianchi has ever written. It's obvious he didn't watch the game.

I worked a the Florida Times Union when he was there. We got into it in the parking lot one time when I ripped him for something he said about SOS. When I started following him on Twitter he immediately blocked me. He can throw out the heat but sure can't take it.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for the synopsis. I refuse to read it, or add to his click totals. If that is what he said, it proves there really is no level of stupidity that he won't actually try to reach.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I do not read any articles by these hacks. I watch the games with my own 2 eyes. I do not look at final scores to determine quality of play. I do not look at stats to determine quality of play. I use my own two eyes to determine how things are going. Final scores are for the 95% non-knowledgeable crowd!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I worked a the Florida Times Union when he was there. We got into it in the parking lot one time when I ripped him for something he said about SOS. When I started following him on Twitter he immediately blocked me. He can throw out the heat but sure can't take it.

The guy looked maybe 15 years old when he joined the Sun staff in 1980. He loved what he did, virtually lived at the office and rose up the ranks pretty fast. With it came the ego. I cannot say that what you describe is inaccurate. He denies being thin skinned but I would dispute that.

What is undeniable is his love for stirring the pot. It's his schtick, how he gets noticed. With it comes baggage.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The guy looked maybe 15 years old when he joined the Sun staff in 1980. He loved what he did, virtually lived at the office and rose up the ranks pretty fast. With it came the ego. I cannot say that what you describe is inaccurate. He denies being thin skinned but I would dispute that.

What is undeniable is his love for stirring the pot. It's his schtick, how he gets noticed. With it comes baggage.

I shouldn't have said "ripped" when I described it the first time. It was more like a bit of a confrontation about the article he had written. We got into it because I told he seemed always to find a way to take a shot at SOS. He finally walked away calling me a homer because I'm and alum.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I shouldn't have said "ripped" when I described it the first time. It was more like a bit of a confrontation about the article he had written. We got into it because I told he seemed always to find a way to take a shot at SOS. He finally walked away calling me a homer because I'm and alum.

Mike's a UF graduate in journalism. He considers being a homer a semi-sacrilege. The ironic thing here is he developed a close relationship with Spurrier while working together with Wuerffel to pen the book Tales from the Gator Swamp: Reflections on Faith and Football. He says Spurrier came to trust him. They maintained a dialogue even after Spurrier left. I remember emailing him when Spurrier was talking to the Redskins to ask if there was a chance he would reconsider. He said no, that he had done his time at UF and was ready to move on.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

little mikey also believes bowden was a genuinely good guy, despite all the perma-smoke lingering around tallacrappy during his time. Dude just enjoys stirring the pot for clicks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
little mikey also believes bowden was a genuinely good guy, despite all the perma-smoke lingering around tallacrappy during his time. Dude just enjoys stirring the pot for clicks.

Bowden had his share of flaws from a coaching perspective, but he was as congenial and down to earth as it got. Writers appreciate that, and to a certain extent it explains why they were willing to give him a pass where other coaches may have begged greater personal scrutiny. Writers are, after all, human.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Bowden had his share of flaws from a coaching perspective, but he was as congenial and down to earth as it got. Writers appreciate that, and to a certain extent it explains why they were willing to give him a pass where other coaches may have begged greater personal scrutiny. Writers are, after all, human.

True, but how do you ignore so many reports of rules/laws being broken while the coach says he had no idea it was going on? Despite that, he seemed to give booby more benefit of the doubt than he did Spurrier. Oh, but he's more warm and fuzzy than SOS, so he's a great guy? Sounds like certain media guys should recalibrate their professional priorities. I have little respect for mike.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Writers are, after all, human.
THE PF would say most are liars and purveyors of fake stuff................I dont need a writer to tell me what to think but I like to
read a well written different take on sports sometimes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True, but how do you ignore so many reports of rules/laws being broken while the coach says he had no idea it was going on? Despite that, he seemed to give booby more benefit of the doubt than he did Spurrier. Oh, but he's more warm and fuzzy than SOS, so he's a great guy? Sounds like certain media guys should recalibrate their professional priorities. I have little respect for mike.

I'm not trying to defend Bowden but rather explain why I think he got the soft treatment. I met the man years ago, back in the Pell days, and I gotta say he was some schmoozer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.