Mike Bianchi article

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Bowden had his share of flaws from a coaching perspective, but he was as congenial and down to earth as it got. Writers appreciate that, and to a certain extent it explains why they were willing to give him a pass where other coaches may have begged greater personal scrutiny. Writers are, after all, human.
Just like Vince Dooley, Pat Dye, Johnny Majors ...

giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bowden was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Behind the congenial exterior was one of the most conniving, vindictive SOB's in coaching.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By his article Bianchi shows he's a pump that cannot bail out. So, let his Mom's basement fill up with sewer water.

Since he used the term "instant legend", Bianchi is a 'poxymoron'.

Coaches Mac & Nuss, with 9 secs left called a 10 yard "get-out-of- bounds" pass hoping to get into range for a "poke & hope" Eddie 60+ yard FG.?? But the mal-coached OL let the pass-rush instantly through. Franks athletically escaped thru a sliver-path of daylight. At that point, where Cleveland had set up to recieve the ~ 12 yd pass the coaches called, Tyree saw his QB scrambling & immediately on his own went into that "fly" pattern. With raised hand waving (gee,T has long arms) to get Franks eye. Franks, ever keeping his eye downfield (ahem, where the play was not coach-planned to go), he spotted Tyree "calling". Franks used his QB instincts to "extrapolate" where Tyree's sprint-rate would take him, and well before his WR got there, he threw to that spot = 63 yd TD.

The above winning TD had everything to do with two gifted young athletes improvising out of the loser-tie coaching of MacNuss. Both HC & OC should be embarrassed at being shown how "never-say-die" CFB should be played.

Bianchi labelled it an "inconceivable victory"; so right, guess who inconceived it ? Calls it a turning point - hell, it wasn't even a "moment of booth". This successful, victorious, big offensive play just illustrates why these coaches are toxic to any semblance of CFB winning development of players. Get'em out of here. All this shows is , for now, we'd have better chances at winning if UF appoints Franks & crew on-field OC. Now that's the genuine article.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm not trying to defend Bowden but rather explain why I think he got the soft treatment. I met the man years ago, back in the Pell days, and I gotta say he was some schmoozer.

Oh, I know you're not defending bowden. But you appeared to defend mike b for being gullible enough to fall for bowden's schtick. Focusing on style/shmooze over substance/integrity is something I would think a reporter would endeavor to avoid. Isn't critical thinking supposed to be an important skill for reporters? In theory, of course. I don't see very much in real life with the national click bait media approach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How's this for a dose of reality? Tennessee is a bad football team.
The entire east is bad. Everyone on our schedule except for meatchicken and FSux sucks balls.

And FSux doesn't even have their starting QB anymore.

We are only going to lose about 2-3 games this year. But that won't tell us anything about the staff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I know you're not defending bowden. But you appeared to defend mike b for being gullible enough to fall for bowden's schtick. Focusing on style/shmooze over substance/integrity is something I would think a reporter would endeavor to avoid. Isn't critical thinking supposed to be an important skill for reporters? In theory, of course. I don't see very much in real life with the national click bait media approach.

Why I bothered to point out writers are human.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Why I bothered to point out writers are human.

Coaches are criticized when they don't do their job well because they are paid professionals. Why should anyone in the media get a free pass?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches are criticized when they don't do their job well because they are paid professionals. Why should anyone in the media get a free pass?

Who said they should?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Who said they should?

Well, your "writers are human" comment sounded like you think they should. You've mentioned before you have a history in the sports media, so I wondered if you were sticking up for your profession. Maybe I was making a giant jump to conclusions?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, your "writers are human" comment sounded like you think they should. You've mentioned before you have a history in the sports media, so I wondered if you were sticking up for your profession. Maybe I was making a giant jump to conclusions?

No, you have a right to question a writer's judgment when it appears to be influenced by the relationship with the subject. I was simply pointing out a reality of the profession, that the likable guys get more favorable treatment and vice versa.

It's probably less prevalent now than it was years ago, but I suspect it still goes on. Remember, I've been away a long time. I'm just like you, looking in from outside.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Media whores are useless...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No, you have a right to question a writer's judgment when it appears to be influenced by the relationship with the subject. I was simply pointing out a reality of the profession, that the likable guys get more favorable treatment and vice versa.

It's probably less prevalent now than it was years ago, but I suspect it still goes on. Remember, I've been away a long time. I'm just like you, looking in from outside.

Actually, I wasn't sure how long you've been on the outside.

I appreciate the clarification on the topic. I prefer this to some of the pissing matches I've seen between other posters here. The harshest and most comical jabs should be directed at the trolls.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If a writer cannot get the subject to talk then wtf does he do. I just read an SI article about or by one of their most famous writers. It escapes me right now. But Namath would not talk to him for decades. Years later he asked Namath why. Namath said he forgot but that he was much more serious younger. I can see the balancing act. Sorta like teachers cannot actually say to parents "your kid is a dumazzz and you have done a good job fostering that trait"....diplomacy is not just for diplomats.............

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The entire east is bad. Everyone on our schedule except for meatchicken and FSux sucks balls.

And FSux doesn't even have their starting QB anymore.

We are only going to lose about 2-3 games this year. But that won't tell us anything about the staff.

This is a very real and very scary scenario.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Bianchi is first and always a media whore. He will do literally anything to draw attention to himself. Some of this article is worth a read but it is of course overblown by the wind of Bullshyte that is Bianchi. Bianchi is always bitching at somebody about something and you can guarantee he is off the mark. He actually sounds like he's trying to sell that Gator Nation is bitching about nothing when frustrated about the lack of offense, which was the reason Mac was hired 3 years ago, and is now an undisputed failure on that claim.

Bianchi should be taken to memory like a wadded-up Wendys wrapper from your lunchtime burger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator