Mike Leach rips "fat, dumb" players after loss

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love Mike Leach. :lol:

After two tough losses, including a 38-13 thrashing by No. 19 Utah on Saturday night, Leach let loose on his feelings about his team and its performances, describing the Cougars as "fat, dumb, happy and entitled."

"We're a very soft team," Leach said. "We get a lot of good press. We like to read it a lot. We like to pat ourselves on the back, and if we get any resistance, we fold. I think we've got a bunch of free agents running around there that think they're pretty special, and then as soon as something doesn't go their way, they want to pout," Leach said.

Leach rips 'fat, dumb' WSU players after loss

Discuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it ironic that Leach still gets mad after losses. you think he'd be quite used to it by now the way butters is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We once had a guy around here who spoke in those terms.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Butters should never be mentioned in the same breath as Leach.

Leach is a national treasure, and Butters likes to pork sharks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I still cannot believe his team only managed 13 points against Utah. They must have been on dope or something.

But this is what I was talking about when it comes to this guy being UT's coach. Even in a loss, people would be talking about UT. At this point, NO ONE talks about UT whether they win or lose.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When I was in boot camp the company commander would walk in every morning and say, "Company, you're fat.....lazy....and you have no integrity!" Then we'd get mashed. Great times!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
4 games in to a season and the coach is calling out the players for being fat, etc, what an idiot, that is a direct reflection of his coaching abilities. He had fall practice to get them in shape, get them ready to play... learn the playbook. Yea, blame the players, deflect. That said, gotta love a loudmouth idiot every now and then that puts on a good show

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
He needs to shut the f' up, recruit some fat Samoans and transfer to the Mountain West if he can't handle Pacific Coast League pitching.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bench them and put in the backups. Their poor performance is all on him.

Sooner or later you’re going to have an off night on offense or run into a defense that plays lights out. You have to be able to win games 17-14 sometimes as well, and he can’t. As you said, that’s on him and his philosophy. It’s just as moronic as WM and his idea of winning every game by a TD or less. Just the opposite extreme.

And oddly enough, he has one of these moments every year dating back to Tech where he had the infamous rant in the locker room, the fat girlfriends comment, etc. Same shtick every year with zero self reflection of his role in it.

But if he doesn’t like dumb, fat and entitled, it’s probably best he didn’t end up in Knoxville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sooner or later you’re going to have an off night on offense or run into a defense that plays lights out. You have to be able to win games 17-14 sometimes as well, and he can’t. As you said, that’s on him and his philosophy. It’s just as moronic as WM and his idea of winning every game by a TD or less. .
WM is far from the only ball control coach. The SEC East has 6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator