Mike Leach rips "fat, dumb" players after loss

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
I like the whole slam, “fat, dumb and entitled”. I can’t imagine what it is like dealing with these kids today.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be interesting to see how much longer WSU's AD is going to put up with this s**t. Maybe he ought to take some blame for not coaching them up properly. Morale on that team is going to drop through a hole they'll never get out of.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be interesting to see how much longer WSU's AD is going to put up with this s**t. Maybe he ought to take some blame for not coaching them up properly. Morale on that team is going to drop through a hole they'll never get out of.
I think they'll rally around him because they love him. WSU is lucky to have him and have zero chance of doing any better than him.

Also, he's probably right on the money about the players.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think they'll rally around him because they love him. WSU is lucky to have him and have zero chance of doing any better than him.

Also, he's probably right on the money about the players.
Agreed. Wazzou doesn’t attract great coaching talent. They’re smart to hold onto “good” when they get it.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Those ragging on Leach, could you imagine him at a school where he could actually recruit decent talent? I mean imagine him at an FSU or Tennessee, I sure as heck wouldn’t want that

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WM is far from the only ball control coach. The SEC East has 6.

Just as there are offensive minded coaches who still have enough balance to understand good defense and clock management, there are more ball control coaches who understand the need to score. As I said, two extremes, neither of which work. He’d be more fun to watch, but losing 63-60 would get old just as quickly as losing 14-7.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He’s ten times the coach that Pigbert is.
Yeah, I can see from the 3 consecutive conference titles he has.....errrr….um or the fact that he's making calls and coaching the NFL champs defense....or wait not that either.....I just know there is something that proves him to be better than Bert....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I can see from the 3 consecutive conference titles he has.....errrr….um or the fact that he's making calls and coaching the NFL champs defense....or wait not that either.....I just know there is something that proves him to be better than Bert....
Well, he's employed. We can start there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want Leach in the SEC for the entertainment value. UT is as good as anywhere.
yeah I really don't think Leach will recruit well enough to be a threat.

of course I never imagined Methzzu being a threat either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't matter which coach is better. The fact that Ox so easily pulls your strings to get you defending BB... again... is hilarious. Carry on!
true love

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That ship has sailed, thanks to Phat Phulmer. He fired an AD for just TALKING to him.

I'm grateful.
How come a Vandy/Ole Miss/Arky/Mizzou/UT hasn’t come calling on Leach? He’d immediately change their fortunes from “rarely compete” to “scary as hell with lots of fun games”. Is it because he’d rub traditionally conservative boosters the wrong way so much that he wouldn’t be worth the pain? Can’t buy that - I bet Vandy boosters would embrace him after they shocked UGA or LSU. Additionally, the juxtaposition of pirate and commodore would be hilarious.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How come a Vandy/Ole Miss/Arky/Mizzou/UT hasn’t come calling on Leach? He’d immediately change their fortunes from “rarely compete” to “scary as hell with lots of fun games”. Is it because he’d rub traditionally conservative boosters the wrong way so much that he wouldn’t be worth the pain? Can’t buy that - I bet Vandy boosters would embrace him after they shocked UGA or LSU. Additionally, the juxtaposition of pirate and commodore would be hilarious.
Leach tends to run off at the mouth and that just scares the pants off a lot of administrations. We cannot have coaches speaking freely, no sir, no way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.