Mizzou at 4 pm on SEC Network

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Opposite Bammer/UcheaT on CBS that day. 4 straight weeks the Vols get the prime spot on CBS, think the league doesn't want them in Atlanta too much, eh?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Opposite Bammer/UcheaT on CBS that day. 4 straight weeks the Vols get the prime spot on CBS, think the league doesn't want them in Atlanta too much, eh?
The whole CBS/Tenn network is starting to get a little old and were not even half way there yet.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also getting old is all the TV commentators being anti gator and having no clue what they are talking about when they speak.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All we had to do was beat Tennessee for another 2 quarters and it's a completely different feeling.

It's Tennessee's year.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Also getting old is all the TV commentators being anti gator and having no clue what they are talking about when they speak.
Yes, my thoughts exactly! I muted the goons Saturday. I opened my Tune in Radio App and synced the TV to the time of Mick Hubert. It was amazing. Wish I would have done that earlier.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes, my thoughts exactly! I muted the goons Saturday. I opened my Tune in Radio App and synced the TV to the time of Mick Hubert. It was amazing. Wish I would have done that earlier.

I always do that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All we had to do was beat Tennessee for another 2 quarters and it's a completely different feeling.

It's Tennessee's year.
Yeah, not like we didn't have everything to do with this turn of events.

Griping about winning teams getting the bulk of good tv networks and time slots :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They are in the middle of a hell of a stretch of games that will go a long way to determining who goes to Atlanta why would they not be on CBS? If Florida had that stretch of games and kept winning (or at least could score some points and be entertaining) we'd be on CBS and not have back to back noon starts

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We had stretches like that in 2006, 08, 09

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And we were the class of cbs and espn at the time as well. Funny how that works. Winning is the solution.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's the Key, Win and it all takes care of itself.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we'd play at 2:00am on Tuesday's so no one would see the sh*t we're putting on the field and I would have a better excuse for sleeping through it.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, I think this is accurate. Especially after watching that ridiculous hail mary Saturday.
Looks like 98 all over again...except we know fsu isn't sniffing the game this year. Only game worse would have been a manning vs manning super bowl

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

It's Tennessee's year.

This reminds me of another Steve Spurrier story. This one is taken from an article by Chris Low:

"He [Spurrier] was in Panama City Beach, Florida, in the spring of 1998 speaking at a function. Afterward, he and his longtime football operations director, Jamie Speronis, were walking up the beach toward a man who was sporting an orange Tennessee Vols shirt.

The Vols, who were a top-10 program at the time, couldn't get over the hump against the Gators and had lost five straight, similar to South Carolina's recent dominance of Clemson.

So as the man approaches, Spurrier pipes up and says, "How them Vols gonna do this season?"

The fan, amazingly enough, didn't recognize Spurrier. He held up his index finger and said defiantly, "National champs."

Even today, Spurrier gets a kick out of that exchange.

"I'll be damned if he wasn't right," Spurrier said. "They did win it that year."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator