Monday Press Conference 9/26

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The most embarrassing part of the game was watching Josh Dobbs, who is one of the worst passers I've ever seen, have a career passing day (in one half) against our supposedly vaunted defense and elite secondary. That's even more embarrassing than getting outcoached by Butch Jones.
I don't like to lose. I certainly don't like to lose the way we did Saturday. But I'm actually kinda laughing about that part. Those DBs got exactly what they deserved for running their mouths all week. They needed some humble pie and they got more than they asked for. I hope they learned something from it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't like to lose. I certainly don't like to lose the way we did Saturday. But I'm actually kinda laughing about that part. Those DBs got exactly what they deserved for running their mouths all week. They needed some humble pie and they got more than they asked for. I hope they learned something from it.

That's wishful thinking. Those kids heads are so big there's no way they "learn" from this. They probably already moved past it and are convinced that UT "got lucky" and they are indeed the better team...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

Sharpe said the coaches wanted them to be able to run the ball out of that bad field position in the 2nd half but it just didn't stick.

They had to trot poor David Sharpe out there? Sharpe is the weakest link in the O-line. They should have asked him how loud the rush of air was when the TN end sped by him on his way to knocking the sh@t out of our QB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The most embarrassing part of the game was watching Josh Dobbs, who is one of the worst passers I've ever seen, have a career passing day (in one half) against our supposedly vaunted defense and elite secondary. That's even more embarrassing than getting outcoached by Butch Jones.

Well we kind of did the same thing with Harris at LSU last year. I bet Dobbs doesn't have a game like that passing the rest of the year against any decent SEC team.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Well we kind of did the same thing with Harris at LSU last year. I bet Dobbs doesn't have a game like that passing the rest of the year against any decent SEC team.

Another year of starring in ESPN highlight reels - for the opposition. Where's the Tylenol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't expect a coach to get up and say "well Sharpe didn't block worth a flip, Tabor couldn't cover, Applebees threw a pick, and that's why we lost." What I would appreciate it some sort of ownership and acknowledgement of what just happened. He doesn't have to say he is going to fire people or whatever but don't get up there and act like we were a couple of plays away from winning this thing and oh yeah did you guys notice how great the crowd was, and this guy has a leg, and we'll get that cleaned up, and ole hee haw by golly we're the Gators and it sure is fun to be here. Own what just happened, you just got outcoached by Butch Jones(!) and tell us you recognize it and you're going to work on it. Make us believe it bothers you. There are times I feel like he thinks that since he's getting paid either way, who cares?

This is a great post. And exactly how I feel after all his interviews and post game conferences.

Reporter: Tennessee just went on a 38-0 run. What exactly happened out there?

Mac: We had a great crowd. And they were cheering really hard for us. The weather is really nice. It reminds me of when we play our fierce rival Idaho State. And that's a good thing.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
what in gods name is he talking about? is it to much to ask the zen master to replace some of his asst. here we fcking go again!

What Ol' Jim is saying is that he isn't a smart enough coach to recognize and counter Butch's halftime adjustments. I guess he thought standing on the sidelines like a statue while his lost team pissed the game away was the thing to do. This guy is a shockingly bad game day coach.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Coach speak is coach speak and I understand that. But, one thing that really bugged me about Mac's presser Monday was his praise of the Tennessee fans. Almost seemed like he was star-struck by the crowd. That could explain a lot of things.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

It never should have gone that far, though. Mac should have stopped that crap a long time ago.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
"Properly" is a key term.

Expecting him to say things like we were out-coached or if such and such isn't fixed, Coach X will be replaced and other such admissions of guilt, extremes if you will, are what I'm referring to .

I personally have more respect for a coach who admits when they and their staff have been out coached and see nothing improper about it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, SOS did it which is one reason why I respect him so much. Nothing wrong with saying we were outplayed either, at least IMO.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I personally have more respect for a coach who admits when they and their staff have been out coached and see nothing improper about it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, SOS did it which is one reason why I respect him so much. Nothing wrong with saying we were outplayed either, at least IMO.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator