Monday Press Conference 9/26

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF, there was a strong rumor both Nord and Summer's were going to be fired in January but, somehow, they both survived and the DB coach was fired.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Reading that it sounds to me like he's basically saying UT is better, Butch Jones is better, we were lucky it wasn't worse, if UT had executed in the first half it would have been 75-0.

It doesn't sound very promising hearing your coach admit UT is much better than your team. It's going to be a long year and a half.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
what in gods name is he talking about? is it to much to ask the zen master to replace some of his asst. here we fcking go again!
Now you know where Q got the duck and truck stuff.

It's a metaphor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Joey Ivie out. Of course he is. Now we get to see what our D is like with two DEs playing DT. Im sure its going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Disheartening. Let's see what happens the rest of the season. If we don't do a better job of recruiting nothing is gonna get much better.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
  • On Florida’s struggles with noon games in recent history: “We put ourselves in position to play at noon, so we better get used to it.
Well, Mac you do have the opportunity to change that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Joey Ivie out. Of course he is. Now we get to see what our D is like with two DEs playing DT. Im sure its going to be fun to watch.

That may get interesting in the 2nd half against Muschamp Jr. at Vanderbilt. He loves to go to that Jumbo package stuff when the other plays aren't working on offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That may get interesting in the 2nd half against Muschamp Jr. at Vanderbilt. He loves to go to that Jumbo package stuff when the other plays aren't working on offense.

Shouldn't really matter. We drove the ball on them several times last year, with Treon at the helm. He just either fumbled it away, took a critical sack or threw a pick. If we get up a few scores, they won't be able to keep playing that base, 2 yards/dust offense. If we can't, it's because we haven't recovered mentally and are in worse trouble than I thought.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
  • butters said vandy would be "a big test"
This 2* coaching staff considers vandy a "big test". Well I suppose after losing to the buttchuggers, something the chump never did, all games would be "a big test".

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nord better be gone. I've seen enough. Hopefully the new AD opens up the checking account.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ferg, other than Spurrier, every other coach is pretty much the same. They sit up there and say the same stuff, that's why so few conferences are worth watching.
I was hoping for something a little more John Mackay- or Jim Mora-esque.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
First of all, thanks for wading through that and posting for those like me who couldn't stand to listen through the fluff for the substance.

Secondly, re the quote below, which is as far as I have gotten, are you kidding me? His response to their hurt and disappointment was "we'll see where we go from here"?
I thought he was the coach, not some observer. Great motivation.coach. What a plan. Here's an idea. Make some corrections.

“The mood in that locker room, there were a lot — a lot — of hurt guys. I’m not sure a couple of the losses even last year I could feel that sense of hurt. And as I told them, it should hurt, because if it doesn’t something’s wrong. It means you really don’t care, it means you’re in it for the wrong reasons We’ll see where we (go) from here.”

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't really matter. We drove the ball on them several times last year, with Treon at the helm. He just either fumbled it away, took a critical sack or threw a pick. If we get up a few scores, they won't be able to keep playing that base, 2 yards/dust offense. If we can't, it's because we haven't recovered mentally and are in worse trouble than I thought.

Hopefully but something tells me we may not jump out to a big lead by halftime in this game.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What would you like him to say?
I"ll tell you what I'd like him to say.

I'd like him to take a page from Saban and say, we need to these things better and give a list. Or say, we didn't do these things and give a list.

Then, I want him, like Saban, to say the players were not sufficiently prepared in whatever areas are relevant, and that it will be corrected this week and that he and the coaching staff own (at least some) responsibility, both for the players performance on the field, and game coaching decsions when relevant.

Then I want him and the coaching staff to follow through.

I don't want him to say, "We'll see what happens going forward.or other hands off drivel..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.