Monday

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Still a Lorrie Morgan fan (and have passed her and Pam Tillis on to the next generation through my daughter)... I still say that stretch of 90's up until about '96 was the last time country music was good (and I really like that era in the early to mid-90's... except for Garth... f Garth :lol: ).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Here's your concert... New Order Setlist at Stephen C. O'Connell Center, Gainesville

We saw them at Pine Knob outside Detroit with Echo & The Bunnymen in '87 when home on leave from Germany. It was the night before my wife's birthday/the day the Northwest flight crashed on takeoff from DTW where only the little girl survived.
Thanks for that walk down memory lane. My boyfriend at the time was a freshman at UF and I was in HS.
Later that summer a group of us went to see Depeche Mode in Miami.

I don’t recall that crash but we had a similar one happen in Lexington about 15 years ago. The co-pilot directed the pilot down the wrong runway that was too short. Killed everyone on-board except the co-pilot.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for that walk down memory lane. My boyfriend at the time was a freshman at UF and I was in HS.
Later that summer a group of us went to see Depeche Mode in Miami.

I don’t recall that crash but we had a similar one happen in Lexington about 15 years ago. The co-pilot directed the pilot down the wrong runway that was too short. Killed everyone on-board except the co-pilot.
Saw Depeche Mode in Germany at some point too! Yeah, on this crash it killed 154 out of 155 passengers (full of fuel on take off, didn't do something with the flaps, crashed straight into I-94 and killed one motorist)... just that little girl survived. I saw her a few years ago on a show about "sole survivors" where they were trying to analyze "why" the ONE person survived something so catastrophic. We were at my in-laws drinking beer in the backyard and heard the "boom" (about 7 miles away) and all looked at each other with the "what was THAT?" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator