Monday

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Saw Depeche Mode in Germany at some point too! Yeah, on this crash it killed 154 out of 155 passengers (full of fuel on take off, didn't do something with the flaps, crashed straight into I-94 and killed one motorist)... just that little girl survived. I saw her a few years ago on a show about "sole survivors" where they were trying to analyze "why" the ONE person survived something so catastrophic. We were at my in-laws drinking beer in the backyard and heard the "boom" (about 7 miles away) and all looked at each other with the "what was THAT?" look.
That’s crazy. Did she have survivors guilt? Can’t imagine how much counseling she needed.
I think this co-pilot was on sole survivors too but didn’t set my vhs to record.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That's not Monday!!! :lol: Saw them in concert several times, last time was summer '93 for this album.
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday, I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday, I'm in love

:shakehead:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That’s crazy. Did she have survivors guilt? Can’t imagine how much counseling she needed.
I think this co-pilot was on sole survivors too but didn’t set my vhs to record.
Here is what I remember from the time it happened (and for a few years after), and then when I saw the show.

When it happened, she had a lot of burns and went to Univ of Michigan's burn center (mom, dad, and brother died). Her grandparents asked for privacy and it was respected for YEARS and people donated tons of money and stuffed animals.

It wasn't until I saw the show that I realized her name was public. Here's a clip, probably just lucky she was so young memory wise, because she seems perfectly well adjusted.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Here is what I remember from the time it happened (and for a few years after), and then when I saw the show.

When it happened, she had a lot of burns and went to Univ of Michigan's burn center (mom, dad, and brother died). Her grandparents asked for privacy and it was respected for YEARS and people donated tons of money and stuffed animals.

It wasn't until I saw the show that I realized her name was public. Here's a clip, probably just lucky she was so young memory wise, because she seems perfectly well adjusted.

She seems very well adjusted and happy.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Still a Lorrie Morgan fan (and have passed her and Pam Tillis on to the next generation through my daughter)... I still say that stretch of 90's up until about '96 was the last time country music was good (and I really like that era in the early to mid-90's... except for Garth... f Garth :lol: ).
Mrs. Nalt's best friend, Traci, goes to concerts all the time up in Nashville and in Huntsville. She is on a first-name basis with several country celebrities. She actually goes to Keith Whitley's grave fairly often and has met Lorrie Morgan a time or two there. She has also met one of Lorrie's sisters at the grave who she says is much more friendly than Lorrie. She still sees the sister quite often but rarely ever sees Lorrie any more.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Mrs. Nalt's best friend, Traci, goes to concerts all the time up in Nashville and in Huntsville. She is on a first-name basis with several country celebrities. She actually goes to Keith Whitley's grave fairly often and has met Lorrie Morgan a time or two there. She has also met one of Lorrie's sisters at the grave who she says is much more friendly than Lorrie. She still sees the sister quite often but rarely ever sees Lorrie any more.
Great story! I'm also a big Whitley/Krauss fan.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Loved Echo & The Bunnymen but never saw them or Psychedelic Furs.
Are you familiar with Lloyd cole?
The PFs are actually the last concert I saw. About 11-12 years ago in a little venue in Falls Church, Va. The lead singer, Richard Butler, was as flamboyant as ever.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I saw them in Gainesville around ‘89

I was there! Opening act was Throwing Muses in the O'Dome. Still have my ticket. Need to dig that out to prove to by BF that we actually DID see them live in concert.

Same friend and I, and several others, had tickets to see Depeche Mode in the O'dome around that time or shortly after. I kept my ticket stuck to the home lightswitch so I wouldn't forget or lose it. However, day of concert I left work free as a lark with nothing on my mind proceeded to drive around for a few hours and completely miss the concert. This was pre-cell phones, so nobody could reach me. I still have that ticket too. :headslap:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Its a country music day today in my office. I have a specific playlist on Pandora. Lots of Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band (about the only new country I like), Trace, etc. Puts me in a good mood.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I was there! Opening act was Throwing Muses in the O'Dome. Still have my ticket. Need to dig that out to prove to by BF that we actually DID see them live in concert.

Same friend and I, and several others, had tickets to see Depeche Mode in the O'dome around that time or shortly after. I kept my ticket stuck to the home lightswitch so I wouldn't forget or lose it. However, day of concert I left work free as a lark with nothing on my mind proceeded to drive around for a few hours and completely miss the concert. This was pre-cell phones, so nobody could reach me. I still have that ticket too. :headslap:
:lol:

I remember you!
You were the guy with the shirt!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Its a country music day today in my office. I have a specific playlist on Pandora. Lots of Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band (about the only new country I like), Trace, etc. Puts me in a good mood.
We don’t go to a lot of concerts but I’m dragging @Seedy to an Eric Church concert in Cinci this summer. Lawn seats and they were still $75. :headslap:

I can't keep up with which ones are the "good" new country singers but he's one that I like

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Need to kick it off with a "Marty Party"!

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Zach Bryan, Mike and The Moonpies, Sierra Ferrell, Molly Tuttle, Elle King to start.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I have a picture of me with Alison Krauss and Alyson Brown (banjo player from Union Station at the time) back when Krauss was 18 and I was a young sailor. They played the bar I hung out at in Cali when stationed there. But it is a hard copy and buried deep somewhere in an old box.

To this day, one of the sweetest voices - especially in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator