Mullen's Minimum Number of Wins His First Season is 10

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Next year Mullen must win:

Charleston Southern, no UF coach can lose an opener like this
UK, no UF coach can lose to UK at home
Colorado State, Mullen can not lose to McElwain's old program
at UTn, This is a program in disarray and must be a win next year.
at Miss State, Mullen can NOT lose to his old team.
LSU, Mullen can not lose to Orgeron at home next year.
Vandy, UF coaches and $6 million dollar coaches can not lose to Vandy.
UMo, UF coaches and $6 million dollar coaches can not lose to UMo.
SoCar, Mullen can NOT lose to Muschamp particularly at home.
Idaho, no UF coach can lose a game like this.

This is what Mullen has bought into particularly taking a $6 million dollar price tag. Any coach worth $6 million will easily win 10 games with UF schedule next year. Most of the above 10 games should be blow outs.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
That schedule is set up nicely and include FSU as they will probably be without Jimbo...and Francois because his OLine blows. Playoffs here we come!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Next year Mullen must win:

Charleston Southern, no UF coach can lose an opener like this
UK, no UF coach can lose to UK at home
Colorado State, Mullen can not lose to McElwain's old program
at UTn, This is a program in disarray and must be a win next year.
at Miss State, Mullen can NOT lose to his old team.
LSU, Mullen can not lose to Orgeron at home next year.
Vandy, UF coaches and $6 million dollar coaches can not lose to Vandy.
UMo, UF coaches and $6 million dollar coaches can not lose to UMo.
SoCar, Mullen can NOT lose to Muschamp particularly at home.
Idaho, no UF coach can lose a game like this.

This is what Mullen has bought into particularly taking a $6 million dollar price tag. Any coach worth $6 million will easily win 10 games with UF schedule next year. Most of the above 10 games should be blow outs.

I can't say that I necessarily disagree. Maybe LSU?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And if we win all those games, some will complain that we didn't score enough and the only reason we won is because everybody else sucks even worse.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get the mojo of our home field back, that is 7 wins, then you can think 9 or higher.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, F. I’ve been saying #1 priority is not losing to FSU for a 6th straight year. Also, let’s see UGA without 4 year player Chubb and Michele.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds reasonable... until I think of how bad we are..

QB - We don’t have one... hopefully MC can be the guy.

RB - plenty of talent

WR - Cleveland and Toney - the rest are not good. I’m assuming AC goes pro

OL - lololololol

TE - Average at best

DE - some talent there

DT - young talent, but no depth

LB - average at best

DB - young talent, but no leadership

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well, F. I’ve been saying #1 priority is not losing to FSU for a 6th straight year. Also, let’s see UGA without 4 year player Chubb and Michele.

I am not saying UF should not win the other two games. I think UF for sure should beat UGa too and maybe win at FSU particularly if they have a coaching change.

I am just pointing out that the expectations should be for Mr. and Mrs. Mullen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And if we win all those games, some will complain that we didn't score enough and the only reason we won is because everybody else sucks even worse.

Just avoid witnessing any conflicts, I’ve encouraged my wife to shop for groceries only at Trader Joe’s.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sounds reasonable... until I think of how bad we are..

QB - We don’t have one... hopefully MC can be the guy.

RB - plenty of talent

WR - Cleveland and Toney - the rest are not good. I’m assuming AC goes pro

OL - lololololol

TE - Average at best

DE - some talent there

DT - young talent, but no depth

LB - average at best

DB - young talent, but no leadership

I think OL will be surprisingly better with actual coaching and better scheming. They aren’t great but probably lack confidence more than anything. Same with TE.

Obviously QB is key,and we need LB badly.

I fear for the DBs when they get into real conditioning. They’re a year behind, so it will be a shock to learn that the days of “Body by Gilad” videos are over.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think OL will be surprisingly better with actual coaching and better scheming. They aren’t great but probably lack confidence more than anything. Same with TE.

Obviously QB is key,and we need LB badly.

I fear for the DBs when they get into real conditioning. They’re a year behind, so it will be a shock to learn that the days of “Body by Gilad” videos are over.

If we can get a flipping S&C coach worth a ****, perhaps the Oline can improve with the addition of real coaching. I'm not even saying becoming a strength just goddamn competitive and competent

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Way too many question marks pretty much everywhere except RB and in the secondary. I like the young safeties Davis and Stewart,
and Chauncey improved significantly after a poor start. We have a couple of talented young guys at corner to build on as well. LB and QB
are the biggest question marks. If it were me selling Ivey and Cece on returning for their senior year would be one of the first things I would do along with obviously addressing recruiting.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm thinking 8-9 wins, possibly 10. Less than 8 would be disappointing even considering it's a first year in the system and with our roster problems.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think $6 million coaches are not allowed to lose to Coach O.

If Ogre-on chases off Matt Canada (the best offensive coach at LSU since.....well, maybe ever), LSU becomes very beatable. I do not care if Mullen himself is taking snaps for us next year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There were several games that were lost this year that could have easily been won with just a small amount of creativity. I sure hope Mullen will win those type of games. Who knows how many we win until we see who our QB is and what our class looks like.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get a flipping S&C coach worth a ****, perhaps the Oline can improve with the addition of real coaching. I'm not even saying becoming a strength just goddamn competitive and competent

I was about to post the same thing and found this. If all the reports are true, that our S&C program became to bad that players like Powell, Gardner and others were working out on their own in a gym in Gainesville, it is not wonder the O-line was awful. Let's see if Mullen gets a top notch S&C guy (whatever the really is) and then figure out if the O-line is a total joke or not.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
The season sets up very well for Mullens. He can easily get some early wins and have the team buy in. Lots of frosh have seen playing time. RBs are stacked and OL is serviceable. Early enrollees will be somewhat ready to contribute. This might be a blessing for pumpers and a curse for dumpers. Mullens will get close to 10 wins. Ga will be reloading and FSU might be with a new coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.