Mullen's Minimum Number of Wins His First Season is 10

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Frankly, the only team I didn't feel we belonged on the field with was Ugay. The rest, with component coaching and better prep we should have been able to beat quite honestly and if we can get avg QB play, we can maybe finished 3 or 4 in the SEC. That's my take.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Despite the fact that our schedule looks to be one of the easiest we've had in a while, I think that some of you may be underestimating just how God awful we were this year. We are also going to have to get a new QB and bring him up to speed quickly. I don't agree that the o-line will be able to improve that much. They are slow and lumbering and not mean and ornery enough. Our best lineman is leaving and by best I mean "marginal". Ivey is waaaaaay overrated.

We have no linebackers and we don't have but one in the recruiting class....if he sticks. Nope, even with this easy schedule we'll be lucky to win 7-8 games. Our team is full of 3 star players who play like 1-2 star players. Did anyone even watch the way we played this year?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I want the team to look competent. I want the offense to score points. I want the players to give great effort. If we get that, the wins will come.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
And which QB is going to step up and lead the 2018 Gators to 10 wins? Felipe Franks is the only experienced qb we have. Get it?

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
Despite the fact that our schedule looks to be one of the easiest we've had in a while, I think that some of you may be underestimating just how God awful we were this year. We are also going to have to get a new QB and bring him up to speed quickly. I don't agree that the o-line will be able to improve that much. They are slow and lumbering and not mean and ornery enough. Our best lineman is leaving and by best I mean "marginal". Ivey is waaaaaay overrated.

We have no linebackers and we don't have but one in the recruiting class....if he sticks. Nope, even with this easy schedule we'll be lucky to win 7-8 games. Our team is full of 3 star players who play like 1-2 star players. Did anyone even watch the way we played this year?

I get what you’re saying and don’t necessarily disagree, but it can’t go unsaid that our players have been learning from and being led by one of the most incompetent coaching staffs ever assembled at a Power 5 school.

Mullen can win here, but these next three weeks assembling a staff and recruiting for the new early signing period are going to give us a strong indication of whether his ceiling will be 9-10 wins with an occasional trip to ATL, or whether we can truly get back to competing for championships that actually mean something.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Im.Prove.Ment. Must see improvement at every position, and in playcalliing. Moderate improvement will get us a winning season.

And not saying "played their tails off" 10 times in every post game press conference.

Mullen was not my ideal pick, I just hope he is as successful as the last visor wearing HC who called the plays for the offense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
As far as I'm concerned, go 0-10 as long as
1) We are focused on the best recruiting class ever for Mullens scheme
2) They are in the weight room
3) We have a top 10 recruiting class this year
4) Both lines show progress
5) The QB looks like a damn QB
6) The D looks like a UF D
7) Beat the snot out of the Leg Humpers.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If Ogre-on chases off Matt Canada (the best offensive coach at LSU since.....well, maybe ever), LSU becomes very beatable. I do not care if Mullen himself is taking snaps for us next year.

If he is really the best we should hire him if we can, same with every assistant. Find the money. I would also like to use some of Chip's technology and conditioning processes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The season sets up very well for Mullens. He can easily get some early wins and have the team buy in. Lots of frosh have seen playing time. RBs are stacked and OL is serviceable. Early enrollees will be somewhat ready to contribute. This might be a blessing for pumpers and a curse for dumpers. Mullens will get close to 10 wins. Ga will be reloading and FSU might be with a new coach.

Exactly, I had not looked at the schedule until when I posted this thread. I was shocked how nicely the schedule sets up for next year. For Mullen personally, he might be better off with someone other than at Miss State his first year, but other than that it is a very friendly schedule.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If he is really the best we should hire him if we can, same with every assistant. Find the money. I would also like to use some of Chip's technology and conditioning processes.
Mullen is his own OC( effectively), so why would you hire a second OC? Also, I like him, but I said he was the ever at LSU, not the best ever. Not a high bar to cross at LSU.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I expect growing pains as we shift to DM’s offense, similar to 05 and 06. We might have players who can adjust, but we likely will have to recruit to fill some gaps.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
We just went 4-7 and you're saying the new coach has to win at minimum 10 games?

We were 2 miracles away from 2-9! That said, I think even Mullen could have won 7 games here this year. 8 should be easy next year, and 10 within reach if we get our players back in shape both physically and mentally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you’re saying and don’t necessarily disagree, but it can’t go unsaid that our players have been learning from and being led by one of the most incompetent coaching staffs ever assembled at a Power 5 school
agreed. However the fact is we don't have much talent on this team. You guys can poo poo the star ratings all you want but there's a reason most of these kids were not being recruited by the top schools, and it sure as hell isn't that the Shark Whisperer knew more about recruiting than Satan and Creyer.

I dont know how we score points next year. It is going to be pretty ugly. I expect a lot of Davis, Toney, Massey, Adarius wildcat.

Waay to early but if you made me guess now before I saw the recruiting class, plus any tranfers and jucos, amd ST even, Im guessing 7-5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.