Mullins arrival at Gainesville airport...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What do you base this on? Without a HUGE financial offer, Mullen wasn't coming here.
Dude he put ut on hold because he wanted to wait for the Florida job. He could have just taken that. But yeah, dig so deep down inside you to hate Florida for another 4-5 years. I’m sure it’s fun

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We got a coach who has been living in a trailerpark for 9 years and just got offered 7 mil a year to leave. With that amount we dont know anything about his motivation. Hell he could be planning to tank, get his buyout added to the payout and flippin retire for all we know. That salary is obscene.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He got off the plane with a tie (that she’s holding in the pic.) I can’t believe that I’m having this conversation.
But does he need a V-neck undershirt now that he's wearing a tie? This has a direct correlation on whether or not he'll win games next year.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Welcome, Dan and family. But do people not realize that they make V-neck undershirts for occasions like this? I mean, they're usually right in the same rack as the crew-cut ones. You just can't do that.
On a lighter note, good looking family. Again, welcome.

DPpZZEyUQAAieYK.jpg:large

He took his tie off while traveling. You wear the v neck with no tie, reg collar when you have a tie.

Good looking family. Welcome home!!!

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...s-dan-mullen-mike-bianchi-20171126-story.html

I am sure many of you saw Bianchi's article. I disagree with many of his articles on UF but not this one. There are numerous reasons why on paper this is a great hire for us. Kelly didn't really have the "want to" to be our head coach, and it was obvious his agent used our interest to help get him the UCLA job. Sticklin had to pull the trigger on Mullen or risk losing him to UT. Plus it sounds like Frost is heading home and we would be left scrambling for the next tier of candidates. Mullen isn't perfect but who is? He has been a head coach in the SEC for 9 years, and after Spurrier left, that is the most HC experience we have had in the past 16 years. Mullen also knows how to coach QB's and that is something we haven't had since he left.
He seems excited to come back here, he should have a good idea of the pressure he will face, and if he gets the right staff we will be able to continue our recruiting momentum in SFL and the rest of the State.

As our new HC he deserves our support.

However like all coaches at this level the proof will be in the results. Or as Parcells said "you are what your record says you are".

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I would have preferred a better planned and executed 'get' and done fieldwork and background to make sure I backed up my 'fun again' claim with an offensive power hire, but that is not what happened.

Ultimately you are correct. Given SS colossal screw up, this is all thats left. We go from here.

What screw up? CK didn't want to come here. Frost didn't want to come here. If he had not tried to get those two, and just hired Mullen, you would have been carrying pitchforks. He tried to get Kelly, which is very hard to keep from becoming public. He declined. Mullin was a perfect fallback given the ridiculous number of coaching jobs that opened up.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...s-dan-mullen-mike-bianchi-20171126-story.html

I am sure many of you saw Bianchi's article. I disagree with many of his articles on UF but not this one. There are numerous reasons why on paper this is a great hire for us. Kelly didn't really have the "want to" to be our head coach, and it was obvious his agent used our interest to help get him the UCLA job. Sticklin had to pull the trigger on Mullen or risk losing him to UT. Plus it sounds like Frost is heading home and we would be left scrambling for the next tier of candidates. Mullen isn't perfect but who is? He has been a head coach in the SEC for 9 years, and after Spurrier left, that is the most HC experience we have had in the past 16 years. Mullen also knows how to coach QB's and that is something we haven't had since he left.
He seems excited to come back here, he should have a good idea of the pressure he will face, and if he gets the right staff we will be able to continue our recruiting momentum in SFL and the rest of the State.

As our new HC he deserves our support.

However like all coaches at this level the proof will be in the results. Or as Parcells said "you are what your record says you are".

He was on the radio this morning talking about how excited the fans were for this hire. The host kept cutting him off saying no we weren’t and that it’s a C+ panic hire. This was his preferred hire from the get go.

We are where we are and I’ll always hope for a win. I guess the only excuse train from the last two hires as made me a lot more skeptical this time around. How many times did we hear about how if Butters could do that at Colorado state just look at what he could do here crap.

Year 1 is a given, but improvement will eventually need to come not just in stats, but wins on the field as well.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Excellent link, thank you. Fascinating history.

As I see it, he is in violation of #2, and #5...

2. DON’T Wear White or Black Undershirts
Forget white. In an ideal world, your undershirt should match the color of your skin or it should be darker such as heather grey so you do not see the outline of the undershirt on top of the shirt. This may seem odd at first but even underneath a white shirt, a skin-colored undershirt will be less visible than a plain white T-shirt, especially in the areas between skin and T-shirt around your biceps and collar. Unfortunately, skin tones vary greatly and so there is no easy way to buy skin-colored shirts. Some offer undershirts in heather gray and they are better than white. However, you can also use a white undershirt and apply an old theater trick

5. DON’T Show Your Undershirt
One of the worst style mistakes you can commit is to show your undershirt when you wear your shirt unbuttoned or when the lines show underneath your dress shirt. If you wear summer shirts with thin fabric, it is impossible not to see the undershirt, whereas winter or flannel shirts will reveal the lines of a well-constructed undershirt.

Avoid Crew Neck Undershirts
The crew neck undershirt has a high neckline that is somewhat visible when you wear your dress shirt buttoned-up, but it looks particularly terrible.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
We can all get excited about winning the Powerball until we realize that it will likely never happen in our lifetime no matter how much we wish it. It's possible that we would have gotten someone that we would have been excited about (Kelly or Frost) and they could have fallen flat on their face in the process. In fact, there is hardly a guarantee that either of those two will see a modicum of the success that they had before moving forward. For all we know they too could have hated living here and being a part of the Gator Nation. To that I say, Stop Mullen it over and be a Gator.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Excellent link, thank you. Fascinating history.

As I see it, he is in violation of #2, and #5...

2. DON’T Wear White or Black Undershirts
Forget white. In an ideal world, your undershirt should match the color of your skin or it should be darker such as heather grey so you do not see the outline of the undershirt on top of the shirt. This may seem odd at first but even underneath a white shirt, a skin-colored undershirt will be less visible than a plain white T-shirt, especially in the areas between skin and T-shirt around your biceps and collar. Unfortunately, skin tones vary greatly and so there is no easy way to buy skin-colored shirts. Some offer undershirts in heather gray and they are better than white. However, you can also use a white undershirt and apply an old theater trick

5. DON’T Show Your Undershirt
One of the worst style mistakes you can commit is to show your undershirt when you wear your shirt unbuttoned or when the lines show underneath your dress shirt. If you wear summer shirts with thin fabric, it is impossible not to see the undershirt, whereas winter or flannel shirts will reveal the lines of a well-constructed undershirt.

Avoid Crew Neck Undershirts
The crew neck undershirt has a high neckline that is somewhat visible when you wear your dress shirt buttoned-up, but it looks particularly terrible.

No wonder Mullen’s wife will shop in Orlando again. Y’all are complaining about an undershirt? Did you ever think that he was getting comfortable for the ride and all of a sudden someone took this photo?

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No wonder Mullen’s wife will shop in Orlando again. Y’all are complaining about an undershirt? Did you ever think that he was getting comfortable for the ride and all of a sudden someone took this photo?

I refer the gentleman to the 'do' item #6....

6. Do Wear Deep-Cut V-Neck Undershirts
If you want to wear undershirts, always opt for deep-cut V-neck styles with flat seams, because one can see whether a man wears an undershirt underneath his dress shirt even if it is buttoned all the way, and he has a jacket on. If you take off your jacket, chances are you will show some rings on your upper arm unless the undershirt is extra thin, and close-fitting.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't own a single undershirt that isn't a white crew neck. Man, I'm an IDIOT! Now I gotta go shopping for skin colored undershirts in a variety of necklines. Good thing today is cyber-monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.