Multiple football players involved in on-campus incident

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So the guy gave the players the same UF discount that 35,000 faculty, staff and grad students get. Big deal.

The NCAA will probably think its a big deal, hopefully if it’s true, our players are already working to pay the discount back and that will be good enough for the NCAA.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The NCAA will probably think its a big deal, hopefully if it’s true, our players are already working to pay the discount back and that will be good enough for the NCAA.
The players just need to come clean with the whole story, how with the help of Tay they rented a minivan for $30.00. All eight piled inside and they went to the beach to run some nuss plays and make some pb&j's for old time sake.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
Welcome back to the Meyer era boys. Mullen knows exactly what he's doing. Other teams will start believing that if they don't let us win the bloods will be after them. Dynasty confirmed.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Anybody else concerned that our annoited Touchdown Jesus 4.0 (Emory) is involved in these shenanigans?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
A college football player can't have any relationship with a know gambler much less a good one, you have to wonder how these guys got into school???
Going to a gun fight with a fu#$ing frying pan and painted up air soft gun Lord help these young men and help the GATORS , were worst off than I thought.

UF football players face student conduct violations for on-campus confrontation with weapons
The incident involved several UF football players and a Gainesville-area gambler named Devante' Zachery - aka "Tay Bang" - and his friends, according to a UF police report obtained by First Coast News.
Multiple University of Florida football players face possible university discipline after an on-campus confrontation involving airsoft guns and lying to police.

The confrontation occurred at the university's Keys Residential Complex on the evening of May 28. It involved several UF football players and a Gainesville-area gambler named Devante' Zachery - aka "Tay Bang" - and his friends, according to a UF police report obtained by First Coast News.

University police began their investigation after a witness called 911 in reference to a suspicious person. The witness said he saw 10 people arguing and believed they had guns. The witness added, “the weapons resemble assault rifles.”

The scene was captured on surveillance and cell phone video, the 17-page incident report states. The video shows "about 10–15 individuals, holding what appeared to be weapons,” according to the report.

Zachery, 21, and his friends were waiting for the football players near the dorms. The football players began to confront the group, but left in vehicles, the report states. As the group left, they could be heard yelling, “We coming back strapped,” the report states.

The other group returned and a confrontation ensued. One player reported the group had a baseball bat, a red laser being pointed at another player’s chest and another individual threatening “Come any closer, I’ll spray you.”

Zachery told police, he observed one football player holding “some sort of assault rifle and some others were [holding] rocks.” Police wrote, they didn’t believe Zachery’s story and thought he was minimizing the incidents he was describing, the report states.

According to the player, once they heard police sirens, and everyone left.

Good relationship turns sour

According to a university police interview with UF tight end C’yontai Lewis, Zachery had a “good relationship” with Lewis “while the football team was winning, but when they began losing, “Tay Bang” would call them “garbage” and would complain about losing money after he bet on football games,” the report states.

577492798_360x203.png

UF tight end C'yontai Lewis
The report also says Lewis stopped associating with Zachery. According to Zachery’s interview with police, the issues “initially began with some joking around, but has since become more aggressive.” The only person that said Zachery was gambling, was Lewis, according to police.

Zachery couldn’t be reached for comment.

The football players initially denied having any involvement with the incident, according to the report. While searching for evidence, police didn’t find any bullets. However they did find a frying pan that, according to the report, was seen on camera being used by one of the athletes during the confrontation.

Wide receiver Kadarius Toney and defensive tackle Kyree Campbell were recommended to UF’s Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution department for an “incident by holding and pointing what appears to be assault rifles (later determined to be airsoft rifles) at other individuals on campus,” the report states.

577493624_360x203.png

Kadarius Toney (left) and Kyree Campbell
Wide receivers Tyrie Cleveland, Rick Wells, tight end Kemore Gamble and quarterback Emory Jones were also recommended to the Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution department for lying to university police about the incident in question, the report states.

None of the players listed above have been charged with a crime.

University police discussed with Toney how dangerous the situation could have been, as a result of using the airsoft guns that appeared real. Toney replied that other guys try and pick fights with the football players when they go out into public, the report states.

Zachery was given a no trespass warning from all university property for a period of three years, the report states. After Zachery’s interview with university police, he posted on Facebook: “Damn the University of Florida got some b**** a** football players,” the report states.

During the investigation, police reported inspecting the airsoft rifles. “The one rifle made to look like an AR15, which Toney was carrying, had the orange tip mostly painted black making it look even more like a real rifle,” the report states. Florida Gators Director of Student-Athlete Development Vernell Brown assured police the airsoft guns would not be seen on campus again, the report states.

According to the University code of conduct:

Firearms or Other Weapons Violations. Possession, use, sale, or distribution of any firearm, ammunition, weapon or similar device not explicitly permitted under University of Florida Regulation 2.001. Prohibited devices include, but are not limited to, stun guns, pellet guns, BB guns, paintball guns, slingshots, archery equipment, any dangerous chemical or biological agent, or any object or material, including but not limited to knives, capable of causing, and used by the offending person to cause, or to threaten physical harm.

A university spokesperson declined to comment to First Coast News about this story citing student privacy laws. First Coast News also reached out to the university athletic department multiple times, but have not received a response.

This is not the first incident for the UF football team this week. Freshman Justin Watkins is facing four charges, including two felonies, after his second arrest in the past three months. In 2016, Cleveland and Wells were arrested after being accused of firing BB guns on campus and causing more than a $1,000 in property damage.

ALSO | Florida Gators recruit arrested for kidnapping, false imprisonment and domestic battery

According to the report, the officer says he believes “great strides have been made to increase a better relationship with these student athletes so that they feel comfortable in reporting incidents to law enforcement when th
[/QUOTE]

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well....... this is going really well!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Tooney was recently stopped with a real rifle in his car for protection. Are we trying to mimic our Fla brethren and become thUg U too? Or do we have a bunch of wannabe thugs who are now scared running around armed. And not a guns debate, just behaviors

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tooney was recently stopped with a real rifle in his car for protection. Are we trying to mimic our Fla brethren and become thUg U too? Or do we have a bunch of wannabe thugs who are now scared running around armed. And not a guns debate, just behaviors
Sounds like they stirred up a hornet’s nest messing with that badass Gainesville gang known as the Gamblin Car Renters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody else concerned that our annoited Touchdown Jesus 4.0 (Emory) is involved in these shenanigans?
I'm more concerned you are a pvssy who is afraid of airsoft plastic bullets.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I am a gun dealer and this whole thing really concerns me. Its not about the guns.

Exactly. It ain't about the guns. Or the airsoft projectiles. It's about: How are these clowns going to: 1) stay eligible, 2) learn a playbook and 3) show the desire and discipline to actually win some SEC games when they are too stupid to understand one does not run around a college campus waving airsoft guns with hundreds of cell phones within filming distance and/or driving around with an AR-15 uncovered in the back seat of your car while visibly wearing no seatbelts in a college town crawling with overeager cops?

I carry firearms in my truck frequently. They are covered. I wear a seatbelt. My tag is not expired The headlights and taillights are working. I use my blinker before changing lanes. I've never had a gun and cop problem. Get it yet?

Last edited:

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
This is just sad. Hopefully you are just a fsu fan trying to troll. Because this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this board.[/QUOTE]
I expect a little more in the way of witty repartee from a billionaire playboy, not cliches disguised as hyperbole.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Jesus, I hope the other player getting discounts wasn’t EJ. That’s a no no and Lewis and said player could get in bigger trouble than the others.

And one is reportedly a Blood?

No wonder the University is apathetic about supporting this asylum of a football team. They’re an embarrassment in so many ways.

Dan is having a tough enough time getting positive momentum going, and negative press on thuggish behavior does not help anything.
Blaming it on the press? Weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator