Multiple reports: Keeping Muschamp through Georgia game

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Supposedly the UAA has told multiple media outlets that no decision is being made for the next several weeks.

So... What are the chances that Muschamp would be kept if he beats Georgia (highly unlikely) and finishes the last 5 games as 4-1 or 3-2 and keeps the FSU game within 14 points? That would mean beating Georgia or SC, Vandy, and Eastern KY. And losing to FSU. If he's not released this week, I think it's about 90% likely Muschamp is retained if he finishes the season 3-2 and beats Georgia.

:sadnanner:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Our side of the Cocktail Party is going to be empty. It's a crime what is being done to these kids.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing to fear. There's no comming back from this

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85188 said:
Supposedly the UAA has told multiple media outlets that no decision is being made for the next several weeks.

So... What are the chances that Muschamp would be kept if he beats Georgia (highly unlikely) and finishes the last 5 games as 4-1 or 3-2 and keeps the FSU game within 14 points? That would mean beating Georgia or SC, Vandy, and Eastern KY. And losing to FSU. If he's not released this week, I think it's about 90% likely Muschamp is retained if he finishes the season 3-2 and beats Georgia.

:sadnanner:

I think the only way he stays without winning the East, is if there is no coaching candidate that Foley likes/trust enough to take his place.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85188 said:
If he's not released this week, I think it's about 90% likely Muschamp is retained if he finishes the season 3-2 and beats Georgia.
We're not going to beat Georgia. We're not going to beat South Carolina. I'm being completely honest here, I don't know if we're even going to be Vandy. This team is completely beaten down psychologically.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n85208 said:
Our side of the Cocktail Party is going to be empty. It's a crime what is being done to these kids.

This. I can just about assure you that there will be 8 empties.

At this point, I can only guess that Foley wants to see UF burned to the ground. No other explanation.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The decision was clear before this latest disaster. It should have been abundantly clear about midway through the first quarter when it was clear that this team had not gotten over last week and was shooting itself in the foot repeatedly. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team shut it down (Missouri) because they knew their opponent would do all the work for them

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;85220 said:
We're not going to beat Georgia. We're not going to beat South Carolina. I'm being completely honest here, I don't know if we're even going to be Vandy. This team is completely beaten down psychologically.
I agree that we're so horrid on offense that we have virtually no shot. BUT for argument's sake, if he beats Georgia, Vandy, and Eastern KY, is he retained?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85240 said:
I agree that we're so horrid on offense that we have virtually no shot. BUT for argument's sake, if he beats Georgia, Vandy, and Eastern KY, is he retained?

I don't think there's any way he keeps his job short of somehow backing into the SECCG and winning it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85240 said:

No the loss to USCe would crush him, we would be potentially 3 games behind Kentucky and 4 behind Missouri.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85220 said:

Completely beaten down. Amazing how the only way UGA would be able to beat us is with the hiring of Muschamp. LOL Can't wait until the new coach comes and starting kicking them around again.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85240 said:

ryan-no-o.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n85240 said:

J i wouldn't be suprised if he kept his job if we lose out. Hell yea he'd be retained. He'd get a raise and an extension

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not defending Foley here by any means but there may be some legal and contract issues at play here we aren't aware of. Foley has to put something together to get rid of this coaching deadwood. You can't just walk into his office and say "get out." Foley should have had then contingency ready since last year but somehow I doubt it. One look at those stands in the 3rd quarter probably made it real to him if it hasn't until then. I usually go to about 3-4 Gator games a year. I haven't been this year or last. Foley better figure that out fast that I'm just one of a growing trend. Maybe by the end of the 70 point blowout by UGA [I think Gurley will be back by then] he'll have his package ready if that's what's holding this up. Let's hope so.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n85219 said:
I think the only way he stays without winning the East, is if there is no coaching candidate that Foley likes/trust enough to take his place.

Forget Foley, that guy has lost his magic touch. He's pretty close to the pasture anyhow. I'd rather the decision no longer be his...and maybe that's what is really going on...a new AD is being picked to usher us into a new Era of Gator Athletics and football. Foley totally crapped out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think what we saw on Saturday finally put the nail in the coffin, even for Foley. Someone already said it - outside of actually winning the SEC, he's toast.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85254 said:
I think what we saw on Saturday finally put the nail in the coffin, even for Foley. Someone already said it - outside of actually winning the SEC, he's toast.

Ox agreed with me... :bananadance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.