Multiple reports: Keeping Muschamp through Georgia game

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Gatoravatara;n85342 said:
I wish I had a job like this where I could fail miserably and then just get contract extensions and raises. And then when I completely destroy the company, my boss says he will evaluate me next quarter and think about whether I should stay or not.

..then pay you 6-7M to go away.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
revgator;n85339 said:
In other news, Jeremy Foley said Ebola is contained, ISIS is not a threat, and McDonald's workers should get 15/hr.

Is JF Obama?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n85302 said:
If by some chance there is a clause or contractual basis that prevents Foley from making a necessary move whenever he deems it necessary, on a first time head coach with no proven track record, then I think the firing should be a 2-for-1.

I don't believe that's the case. Coaches are fired all the time, on a whim. For that matter Fulmer had probably done 3-4 extensions and had tremendous equity established at ut, and they made a decision in the middle of the season. He technically resigned, but was obviously forced out.

Remember the people saying that Muschamp has some kind of blackmail on Foley? Doesn't look so stupid now, does it? :suspect:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be fired after we get blown out by the Dwags.

Keep calm and fire Muschamp.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Can't say when Foley will fire Chimp. I can say we are not beating Georgia, keeping it close will be a victory. I suspect they may run and physically abuse us like bama did. And Foley will then delay for some unknown reason until Spurrier does his thing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's likely got a pair of irons in the fire, one to extend Muschamp through season as long as possible to save face, the other to test the market under the radar.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
PaulDrake;n85252 said:
You can't just walk into his office and say "get out."
OK, then say what I used to say when firing an employee.....Pack your sh!t, and get the f#&k out !!! Pretty simple if you ask me.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when SOS hung 50 on em because no one had ever done that between the hedges?????

Remember FSU killing Miami when they were low on scholies.

I expect something on the above level. Payback is a b!tch and it is coming our way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n85252 said:
Maybe by the end of the 70 point blowout by UGA [I think Gurley will be back by then] he'll have his package ready if that's what's holding this up.
Foley's "package" is what got us into this mess in the first place, or at least allowing what he was doing with it to be photographed.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n85389]Foley's likely got a pair of irons in the fire, one to extend Muschamp through season as long as possible to save face, the other to test the market under the radar.[/QUOTE]

Face-saving effort? Epic FAIL. Under the radar? Epic FAIL.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Can you imagine how many season ticket holders will opt out if this idiot is still coaching? How in the world did JF
find this guy?

Just recently Foley was 1000% with this guy.

If he stays any longer they will have to pay people to come watch the game.

How in the world can Foley not make a move now?????

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorJ;n85240 said:
I agree that we're so horrid on offense that we have virtually no shot. BUT for argument's sake, if he beats Georgia, Vandy, and Eastern KY, is he retained?

He couldn't beat a decent div 1 2a school team. He is punishing some innocent good young men's lives. He doesn't have the right to do that.

He is one sick individual that needs to see a good doctor.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What possible purpose does it serve any party involved by waiting until after the UGA game. It doesn't help Muschamp, it doesn't help the team, it doesn't help recruiting and it makes Foley look bad at the same time. If Foley is being told by a prospective coach that he needs time to think, then he should tell them to sh!t or get off the pot......This is UF calling !!!!
Another thing, if Foley wants to fill the stadium again, people will watch something new that they haven't seen before.....they will not show up to see talented football players get coached by a buffoon.....

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I don't even see how you could make an argument for Foley to keep his job. Complete disgrace to the university.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n85411 said:
If Foley is being told by a prospective coach that he needs time to think, then he should tell them to sh!t or get off the pot
A prospective coach can still "think" while we have an interim coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n85411 said:
What possible purpose does it serve any party involved by waiting until after the UGA game. It doesn't help Muschamp, it doesn't help the team, it doesn't help recruiting and it makes Foley look bad at the same time. If Foley is being told by a prospective coach that he needs time to think, then he should tell them to sh!t or get off the pot......This is UF calling !!!!
Another thing, if Foley wants to fill the stadium again, people will watch something new that they haven't seen before.....they will not show up to see talented football players get coached by a buffoon.....

Stadium will be full enough for everyone except EKU. The empty seats do not hurt as much with the new television contract.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
oxrageous;n85415 said:
Originally posted by Concrete Helmet View Post
If Foley is being told by a prospective coach that he needs time to think, then he should tell them to sh!t or get off the pot

A prospective coach can still "think" while we have an interim coach.
Yup. Just ask Ed Orgeron. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.