Muschamp doubles down on "win the East" comment

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He went, "Full-Retard":

http://gridironnow.com/will-muschamp-south-carolina-sec-east-race/

South Carolina coach Will Muschamp raised a few eyebrows last month when he said his team was good enough to win the SEC East. When asked about his comment during Wednesday’s SEC coaches teleconference, he didn’t back down.

“If I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t say it,” Muschamp said. “Again, there’s a lot of ‘ifs’ involved in that. But I do believe it and I’ve talked to our players about it. I’ve talked individually to our players about it, and I’ve talked them collectively as a football team about it.

“Again, there’s a lot of ‘ifs’ out there, and we need to find a way to get it done.”

One of the “ifs” is the quarterback situation for the Gamecocks. Muschamp called it one of the “unknowns” about his team; three different players started at the position in 2015.Right now, South Carolina has senior Perry Orth and true freshman Brandon McIlwain listed at the co-No. 1s at quarterback. Muschamp said he wants to give sophomore Lorenzo Nunez a chance at the starting spot; Nunez missed most of the spring with a hyperextended knee.

Muschamp said he thinks there is talent at running back, wide receiver and tight end. He said he likes the abilities of junior David Williams and redshirt freshman A.J. Turner at running back and sophomore Deebo Samuel at receiver.

“My point was that I think we have some talent and abilities at those positions,” Muschamp said. “I think that if we continue to develop and improve, that we certainly can put ourselves in that position.”

Muschamp likes the depth of his offensive line, with “eight or nine guys” he said can help the Gamecocks be competitive. But health will be crucial because he said the Gamecocks are “paper thin” at other positions.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"he really likes the depth at offensive line"

the first and last time he'll ever make that statement.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Muschamp said he thinks there is talent at running back, wide receiver and tight end. He said he likes the abilities of junior David Williams and redshirt freshman A.J. Turner at running back and sophomore Deebo Samuel at receiver.

Meaning - RBs aren't fumbling yet, WRs can block, and the TEs look like they'll make great DEs.

“My point was that I think we have some talent and abilities at those positions,” Muschamp said. “I think that if we continue to develop and improve, that we certainly can put ourselves in that position.”

Meaning - They are doomed. WM doesn't develop anyone. How many years did UF have under his watch (I can't say "leadership") and not see players improve? He'll end up in a position alright, bent over.

Muschamp likes the depth of his offensive line, with “eight or nine guys” he said can help the Gamecocks be competitive. But health will be crucial because he said the Gamecocks are “paper thin” at other positions.

images

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What's more amusing to you guys?

-That he is holding to his "talented enough" prediction?

-Or that he still believes he can properly evaluate offensive players?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The fanbase up there will know what they have got themselves into when he strolls into the home opener 0-2, both losses in conference.

The only game I want Dunce winning each year is UGA.

Sep 29, 2015
What are these mysterious "ifs" to which Chump refers?

If the rest of the East is hit with sanctions and banned from competing for the crown?

If Chump gets fired before the season begins?

If USCe were playing in the East Division of CUSA (on second thought....)?

I almost feel bad for their fans, especially the students. As a student when SOS left only to be replaced by Zook, I know all too well what it's like to go from the legend to the limp D coordinator...and it will be much worse for them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The cock fans at cockytalk aren't buying it. In a poll of 162 people, 111 predicted 7 wins or fewer this coming season.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
What else is he supposed to say? We will lose every game this upcoming season? It seems to me that he is trying to get his newly acquired team to buy into the system and attitude. If he doesn't preach it his players will think he is full of crap possibly setting back the new culture he is trying to instill.

That being said I would not gamble on him winning very many in his first year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What else is he supposed to say? We will lose every game this upcoming season? It seems to me that he is trying to get his newly acquired team to buy into the system and attitude. If he doesn't preach it his players will think he is full of crap possibly setting back the new culture he is trying to instill.

That being said I would not gamble on him winning very many in his first year.
But in his second year?????

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He absolutely has no clue how to run a program. They'll be ready to kill him by the middle of the season.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
But in his second year?????

I expect him to have a stellar defense and hopefully he has learned from past experience regarding the offense. You can't win consistently by viewing offense as a necessary evil.

I expect the coaching to be better but similar results due to no longer being at Florida and not having as much access to elite home grown athletes.

Something I don't think can be overcome is if he continues to have a divided locker room like he had at Florida. I believe that to be cancer for a football team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just think how much vein-popping yelling those guys are gonna deserve for not playing good ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator