Muschamp taking credit for UF draftees

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can't make this stuff up. The nerve of USC East to do this is insane to me.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Muschamp-USC-dub-Floridas-NFL-Draft-picks-NFLGamecocks-45153640

Former Florida coach Will Muschamp has never been shy about touting his success coaching players up and into the NFL ranks. While at Florida, the name Earl Thomas was constantly bandied about as a recruiting tool, among others.

Now at South Carolina, Muschamp is doing his best to capitalize on the recent success of the Gators in the NFL Draft.

The Gamecocks put out a graphic featuring players who have been coached by Muschamp and gone in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft, including former Gators Jon Bostic, Dominique Easley, Sharrif Floyd, Dante Fowler, Keanu Neal and Vernon Hargreaves III.

Sure, Muschamp coached all of them at one point or another.

The only problem? South Carolina's official football Twitter account tagged the post with the hashtag #NFLGamecocks.

That seems more than a little disingenuous, considering none of those players actually went to, you know, South Carolina. And none would probably identify themselves as Gamecocks.

What do you think? All fair in the game of recruiting? Or one step too far for ole Will Muschamp and company?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If he recruited them and coached them then yes, he should get some credit. I hate that bastard but that's just being honest about it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he was successful as a coach for the team and moved up I could see that... if he failed as a coach then all he is doing is showing how much talent he failed with.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even the GA's put that crap on their resume.....creative writing 101....

Let.It.Go.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If he recruited them and coached them then yes, he should get some credit. I hate that bastard but that's just being honest about it.

He recruited them...but if he "coached them" he'd still be at UF. He's gone for a reason...

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
What's lame is the hashtag, #NFLGamecocks.

You can say he deserves credit if he recruited / coached them, yes, but they sure as hell aren't Gamecocks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He recruited them...but if he "coached them" he'd still be at UF. He's gone for a reason...

I hate him as much as anyone. Hell, I even give Zook credit for recruiting talent. Just trying to stay consistent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed. He did recruit and coach them. Regardless of the value of that coaching.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So he was able to recruit talented kids who got drafted by the NFL but he couldn't win with any of them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Come on guys! The Chump hasn't had a lot of success. He needs whatever small successes he can get. He will be unemployed again in a few years.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The one thing obviously absent from that list... . . . . . . offensive players

hence the reason for his limited success (W's)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He should've put #loadedwithtalentbutwent4-8atUFandgotfiredbecauseI'ma****tard

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fine. So be it. He recruited and coached some elite talent. He's coached some great (defensive) players. I'll not argue that. I'm sure a lot of coaches do the same...

It's the gamecock hashtag that is out of line. Way out of line. That's just sleezy and makes them look bad. I'm sure those GATORS do not identify with the gamecocks at all...unless you count them suffering humiliating losses to them, through muschamp's coaching none the less, DESPITE their superior athletic ability.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Does that include Driskel and Brissett? He must be a great QB coach, he coached two QBs that were picked in the same draft.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does that include Driskel and Brissett? He must be a great QB coach, he coached two QBs that were picked in the same draft.

Very true, and one quarterback who was suspended for a year due to PED's... Who coached him up to do that?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
deiondre-porter-suspended-indefinitely-florida-gators-football-320x166.jpg

Former Gator Gamecocks DB Deiondre Porter was arrested for armed robbery.

Goes both ways, no?

Alex.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's sad that they need to constantly talk this guy up. I don't know who they are trying to convince more that this was a good hire. The fans, recruits, or themselves?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's sad that they need to constantly talk this guy up. I don't know who they are trying to convince more that this was a good hire. The fans, recruits, or themselves?
Themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.