Muschamp's last lie - little talent, no depth

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
stephenPE;n119451 said:
The coaches all suck, the players all suck, recruting sucks, Foley sucks, the coaching search sucks, special teams suck, the facilities suck, the stadium sucks, Billy D and his team suck, pumpers suck, Driskel sucks, Will and his whole family suck, people that disagree with everything sucks, suck.
There, did I miss anyone or thing? Carry on negative nancys. Forgot one for you guys, All the future coaching posilbilities real and mostly imagined suck.
Here is what I observed last night. Another loss (SHOOT ME GOD THE WORLD IS OVER) I saw the Def. play so well they took the best QB and WR tandem out of the game. They gave up just two offens. TDs to the top team in America on their home field. I saw our offense strggle again and again. I saw guys knocking he sh#t out of the opponent play after play. I saw a great FR RB for fsu get some great yrdage but never hit the endzone. All that said, pile on these guys that never quit (unlike many f'n fans) and denigrate them constantly because it is what great fans of their team do. I watched our rivals do it for many years when we were top dog. As for me, it is a new day, new coaches, renewed optimism and as always I will be a Fla gator and pull for my team and the leaders of said team. Here is a hint, do NOT let your joy and happiness and ego be so tied to a group of teens to early twenty years olds that you lose your perspective, show your asss and generally appear as a dBg when you do. Gooooooooooooo Gaatorssssss

:clap:

We have a lot of talent everywhere. We just need a coach that can develop it. A guy that actually teaches fundementals, DISCIPLINE, technique and has an offensive game plan where WR's run routes above a pop warner level. On defense we have all the DB's, McCalister, Davis, Cox and Willis (if they can get his head on straight) that will be great. On offense we have Robinson, Fulwood, Thompson, Pittman, Powell, Taylor, Lane, Humphries, Johnson, Thurman, and Sharpe. I think our QB's will be fine once they are coached and given an offense that actually works. We need a real TE and I'm ready to move on from the big slow backs like Jones and Brown. If you're expecting and All-American or NFL talent at every position you're crazy. All we need is a good coach.

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
GIGator;n119437 said:
From what I am hearing, Willis has already made it know that he is transferring.
By golly, he is sick of playing for this coaching staff and he won't do it for one more game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n119605 said:
On offense we have Robinson, Fulwood, Thompson, Pittman, Powell, Taylor, Lane, Humphries, Johnson, Thurman, and Sharpe.
The word youre looking for is potential. Potential is unrealized talent. Only one or two (Robinson and Taylor) have even had a good game much less shown that their talent will translate into anything.

BTW, Thurman and Pittman don't deserve to be on the list and Humphries thinks he should go to the NFL (and IMO may get drafted as a project due to his athleticism).

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I think there is quite a bit of talent. Lots of talent on the D. As to the offense, several good backs, one excellent receiver, others who hopefully will develop some consistency. The O line is a lot better than last year. You have a true sophomore and redshirt freshman (mr football) QB's both with lots of upside.

We lost 5 games this year. With just a little bit of offense we would have lost just two games.

I don't think we are national championship caliber talent - right now, but right now have enough talent to win the SEC east, and it should get better..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n119629 said:
We lost 5 games this year. With just a little bit of offense we would have lost just two games.
Yes, as frustrating as the Mushcamp Error has been, it's easy to forget that even if we had managed just a mediocre offense, say 30-60ish, we would have won 3 maybe 4 more games easily.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n119629 said:
Lots of talent on the D.
Agreed.

several good backs, one excellent receiver, others who hopefully will develop some consistency...You have a true sophomore and redshirt freshman (mr football) QB's both with lots of upside..
That's better put, I think.

The O line is a lot better than last year.
Whoa Nelly. Here's the rub. We are losing all those guys, the whole right side and the LT probably. So our line is anchored by whom next year? Trip Thurman and Mary Moore? Two players who simply aren't SEC level OL. They probably wouldn't pay for Kintucky or Vandy. Just far below average players.

I really like Rod Johnson. Sharp has upside. However, to think this OL will be serviceable even next year is a stretch. We will reap the terrible OL recruiting for a long time. We have either had piss poor classes (two classes with 2 recruits) or classes with 3 star leftovers.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I feel real sorry for the players. How would you like to play for a HC that made faces at you when you came off of the field. It alright to be tough but screaming like an idiot won't get it done. Eventually the truth will come out. The players will fess up how he intimidated them during the game. How can you make four interceptions and lose a ballgame? Only if you are WM. It is amazing what he has done. Look at how BADLY Missouri beat us with so FEW total yards. You have to almost wonder if he isn't giving the bookies some business. If there is a coach who can coach a player down, it is definitely him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n119331 said:
I thought his statement regarding Gerald Willis is an example of the reason he needed to go, paraphrasing, if I were staying as coach he'd be kicked off the team. That's moronic, unfair to Willis and disrespectful to an 18 year old kid and his family.

Looking forward to a winner and a thinker, coming in.

Yeah, I thought that was overstepping things to an extent. Willis is a freshman, and there's no way you don't realize through years of recruiting that a kid maybe has some character issues that will take time to iron out. It's a mistake that may warrant that punishment if done a year or two from now. As it is, it shouldn't have drawn that type of reaction.

The comment that bothered me more was regarding Westbrook's drop. As I've stated seemingly 100 times, TW wasn't brought in on scholarship as a Tight End. He was a defensive player that projected as a DE. You had scholarship TE's, Will, that you inherited or committed to you, like Christian, McFarland and Taylor. Yet you chose to let them transfer, largely because you insisted on using "projects" like TW and Burton in their place. Yes, Westbrook should've caught the ball. But the mere fact that we're relying on him in those clutch situations--in year 4 of your tenure--is entirely on you. Even McGee, who reportedly was as good a TE as we've seen in years based on Fall camp, was at best considered equal to CB and TW.

As usual, WM chose to look at the flaws of a few players, instead of looking himself in the mirror and realizing and accepting that the mess was created by him and no one else. I'm thankful we don't have to deal with that stupidity any longer.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n119670 said:
I feel real sorry for the players. How would you like to play for a HC that made faces at you when you came off of the field. It alright to be tough but screaming like an idiot won't get it done. Eventually the truth will come out. The players will fess up how he intimidated them during the game. How can you make four interceptions and lose a ballgame? Only if you are WM. It is amazing what he has done. Look at how BADLY Missouri beat us with so FEW total yards. You have to almost wonder if he isn't giving the bookies some business. If there is a coach who can coach a player down, it is definitely him.

Well apparently most of them love him and want him to stay, so I wonder how much of what they say is truth, and how much the only thing that these young and immature individuals know.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The love may be disingenuous. If the marjority felt that way, the want to element would be more consistent. A buddy for a boss is not always a good thing for production purposes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;119648 said:
Agreed.

That's better put, I think.

Whoa Nelly. Here's the rub. We are losing all those guys, the whole right side and the LT probably. So our line is anchored by whom next year? Trip Thurman and Mary Moore? Two players who simply aren't SEC level OL. They probably wouldn't pay for Kintucky or Vandy. Just far below average players.

I really like Rod Johnson. Sharp has upside. However, to think this OL will be serviceable even next year is a stretch. We will reap the terrible OL recruiting for a long time. We have either had piss poor classes (two classes with 2 recruits) or classes with 3 star leftovers.

Whoa. You know Mary Moore is not going to be here next year. He's on his way to becoming an all pro in next year's draft.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n119618 said:
The word youre looking for is potential. Potential is unrealized talent. Only one or two (Robinson and Taylor) have even had a good game much less shown that their talent will translate into anything.

BTW, Thurman and Pittman don't deserve to be on the list and Humphries thinks he should go to the NFL (and IMO may get drafted as a project due to his athleticism).
Thurman and Humphries are by no means NFL or even All SEC caliber. But they are experienced linemen that should be coiming back and making us better next year. Pittman is a very good receiver and athlete. We just don't throw the ball enough to make any receiver look good. Most of our guys lack any discipline at all. That's probably my biggest beef with Muschamp. His lack of self discipline carried over to his players and team. You have stupid personal foul penelties by guys that killed us every game. Last night with Willis, Gorman(?) and Pittman were all costly. Debose was always good for a stupid penalty. You never see Saban's players acting like punks during the game and getting stupid penalties for slapping or punching guys in the face. I'm really tired of that. Muschamp may have cleaned up the program off the field, but he surely didn't clean it up on the field.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We have talent. Seeing it get proper coaching for once will be exciting to watch.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n120052 said:
We have talent. Seeing it get proper coaching for once will be exciting to watch.
Again, who on this team other than a DB is truly dominant?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Albert;n120066 said:
Again, who on this team other than a DB is truly dominant?

Got to give the players the benefit of the doubt, how can one become 'dominant' without proper coaching? Is the cupboard as full as when Zook left? Very doubtful. Bare? Far from it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The cupboards are as bare as I remember, but I was a teen during probation years.

When Urban left it was different, more talents if you will, but 30 schollys short. Now we have more numbers but not much SEC level talent. Too many 3/2 star types.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n120075 said:
Got to give the players the benefit of the doubt, how can one become 'dominant' without proper coaching? Is the cupboard as full as when Zook left? Very doubtful. Bare? Far from it.

Again, how much of Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley , Amari Cooper is "coached up" talent? Do you think Lawing "coached up" Clowney very much?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Albert;n120177 said:
Again, how much of Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley , Amari Cooper is "coached up" talent? Do you think Lawing "coached up" Clowney very much?
:crazy:

And how many teams have Fournette, Gurley, Cooper and Clowney on their rosters? Very few. Most teams don't even have Brandon Powell, Demarcus Robinson, Kelvin Taylor or Dante Fowler. Thye definitely don't have Vernon Hargreaves, Jalen Tabor, Quincy Wilson, J.C. Jackson,

Law98gator;n120081 said:
Too many 3/2 star types.

I'm excited about some of those 3 stars like Jarrod Davis, CJ Worton and Rod Johnson.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
GatorTAG;n120213 said:
:crazy:

And how many teams have Fournette, Gurley, Cooper and Clowney on their rosters? Very few. Most teams don't even have Brandon Powell, Demarcus Robinson, Kelvin Taylor or Dante Fowler. Thye definitely don't have Vernon Hargreaves, Jalen Tabor, Quincy Wilson, J.C. Jackson,

I'm excited about some of those 3 stars like Jarrod Davis, CJ Worton and Rod Johnson.

Well genius, those 4 play or played for four of our Rivals. How about TE's like O'leary? Nope, we don't have one. A QB like Prescott, Mauk, Simms? Nah, don't have one of those either. We missed on Tunsil, yeah, we don't have any OLine of that caliber. Pick any 3 Lb's outside of Vandy,Tennessee, Kentucky with lesser talent than ours, I can't find much.
Saban recruited three 4* kids from my hometown and told them all the same thing. He doesn't recruit kids to teach them how to play, he recruits kids that know how to play. That makes the difference between contending and not. That's the kind of talent we need if UF gets turned around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator