Status
Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if Mertz has any pride. Man, I'd have this crap pinned on the wall of my dorm in every room. I'd want to see it while I was brushing my teeth. Listening to everyone, you'd think this guy was literally the worst QB in the nation.

I'd love to see him give all the haters (including a number on this board- "sure am glad to eat crow, guys!") a big sh!tburger to eat.
Exactly.

1688813827155.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@I Have No Friends :( is now #1 on the list for that burger. He will not be weaseling out of his position with a cringe-worthy "sure am glad I was wrong, guys!" He'll have to eat crow in private and spare the rest of us.

For every completion Mertz makes, IHNF will be getting 12 hours off. For each TD pass or rushing TD, it's 3 days. Every 100 yards passing will be yet another day off.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows how Mertz will do in the end. He just needs to rely on the other 21 guys on the field. If the Defense can have some semblance of life they will keep us out of some situations like last year. Better D, good OL, run game, WR's. He'll have to do the work on the field, but I think we'll be better on offense this year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@I Have No Friends :( is now #1 on the list for that burger. He will not be weaseling out of his position with a cringe-worthy "sure am glad I was wrong, guys!" He'll have to eat crow in private and spare the rest of us.

For every completion Mertz makes, IHNF will be getting 12 hours off. For each TD pass or rushing TD, it's 3 days. Every 100 yards passing will be yet another day off.
:lmao:

The Mind Camp will be busy this fall.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been converted into a Mertz fan

Ox, please change my name to MertzJay26 at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Mertz is going to probably be our QB this season and I want to believe that CBN has a plan to work to his strengths or atleast try and stay away from his problem areas!! I will keep a positive attitude about him and his play as long as it's warranted. Hopefully he will surprise us all and be a good fill in until Lagway is on campus and ready to start.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Haters. Mertz gonna prove a lot of doubters wrong this year boys!!

Will Miles shredded that idiotic list. None of those guys - Hartman included - is a slam dunk winner. Hartman may be the best fit for his team, but the rest of them are in the same bucket. Mertz’ stats are comparable or better than most of them.

Can he make better decisions, throw accurately and on time? Can he wisely choose when to run enough to move the chains? Coaching+study+work is underway. But we won’t know if he can improve until he shows he has.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Please don’t ban the haters when we do well. That excuses them from the scornful derision awaiting them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz is going to probably be our QB this season and I want to believe that CBN has a plan to work to his strengths or atleast try and stay away from his problem areas!! I will keep a positive attitude about him and his play as long as it's warranted. Hopefully he will surprise us all and be a good fill in until Lagway is on campus and ready to start.
His film showed (imo) his mechanics are solid and he has arm strength. When he's in rhythm he can be very good. What I saw was he didn't really have a feel for the pocket, often running out (when he still had time) and then making boneheaded decisions.

I figured that could be fixed.

His O&B debut sucked and I saw the prior bad along with the new bad.

That wasn't what I wanted to see.

BN and staff picked him so it's on them to get it done.

O&B was disappointing.

I thought Cam Newton was a bum after his O&B game too. :embarrassed:

Who Knows Idk GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
His film showed (imo) his mechanics are solid and he has arm strength. When he's in rhythm he can be very good. What I saw was he didn't really have a feel for the pocket, often running out (when he still had time) and then making boneheaded decisions.

I figured that could be fixed.

His O&B debut sucked and I saw the prior bad along with the new bad.

That wasn't what I wanted to see.

BN and staff picked him so it's on them to get it done.

O&B was disappointing.

I thought Cam Newton was a bum after his O&B game too. :embarrassed:

Who Knows Idk GIF
There was no pocket for much of the O&B game. That MUST be corrected for any QB to have a chance. But an OL missing a player or 2 plus a split squad plus a very aggressively called defense (for that scrimmage) are the likely reasons.

What worries me? Timing. He tends to throw late and behind guys. (From what I could see.) That’s where I hope the summer study and practice lead to a significant step up.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

At this rate I'm not going to miss any time at all :lol:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Maybe they wanted to show off the Defense and hold back on the offense to give any opposing coaches watching a false sense that our offense is worse than it may actually be.? I don't really think this is true but hey it would be funny for CBN to punk them all like that. I really hope Mertz can clean his decision making and pass accuracy up before the start of the season so we can have a better overall season than all the talking heads think we will have!!

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they wanted to show off the Defense and hold back on the offense to give any opposing coaches watching a false sense that our offense is worse than it may actually be.? I don't really think this is true but hey it would be funny for CBN to punk them all like that. I really hope Mertz can clean his decision making and pass accuracy up before the start of the season so we can have a better overall season than all the talking heads think we will have!!
ncaa-college-football.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The emphasis was definitely on the defensive side of the ball. Fans would have gone ape$**** if we had a bunch of missed tackles and/or 23-minute delayed blitzes.

BN may be a lot of things, but he's no dummy regarding PR.

That said... he wasn't sandbagging on the offense either. I wish he was. But he wasn't. :lol:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'll give him a chance to show he can improve. I watched the O&B game just like everyone else and he didn't look to good in that game but that was a overall meaningless game!! It really only counts when the season starts and I hope by then the right QB is starting for us. It may not be Mertz you never know.

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give him a chance to show he can improve. I watched the O&B game just like everyone else and he didn't look to good in that game but that was a overall meaningless game!! It really only counts when the season starts and I hope by then the right QB is starting for us. It may not be Mertz you never know.
Of course and most of us feel that way. At the end of the day I just want to see us win games again. Losing sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator