Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I think if our defense can manage to tackle like they should plus show an overall improvement in coverage we stand to win a couple more games this season. If our Defense can improve that will go a long way to helping our Offense out in close games. If our Offensecan can just manage to have enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest that will open up the game to let our running backs break off some runs for hopefully large chunks of yardage and put Touchdowns on the board and not just feild goals!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if Mertz has any pride. Man, I'd have this crap pinned on the wall of my dorm in every room. I'd want to see it while I was brushing my teeth. Listening to everyone, you'd think this guy was literally the worst QB in the nation.

I'd love to see him give all the haters (including a number on this board- "sure am glad to eat crow, guys!") a big sh!tburger to eat.

Agreed
This is one of those times when I hope the players do read the sports forums. Who needs rival fanbases to gain motivation when you can rely on your own fans to keep you focused.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Who knows how Mertz will do in the end. He just needs to rely on the other 21 guys on the field. If the Defense can have some semblance of life they will keep us out of some situations like last year. Better D, good OL, run game, WR's. He'll have to do the work on the field, but I think we'll be better on offense this year.
I thought there were only 10 others on the field? If we're playing with 22 its going to get crowded out there.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
@I Have No Friends :( is now #1 on the list for that burger. He will not be weaseling out of his position with a cringe-worthy "sure am glad I was wrong, guys!" He'll have to eat crow in private and spare the rest of us.

For every completion Mertz makes, IHNF will be getting 12 hours off. For each TD pass or rushing TD, it's 3 days. Every 100 yards passing will be yet another day off.
So we can expect to get @I Have No Friends :( back every Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning during game weeks?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You've been one most of the off-season. Is this when you do your standard upcoming season 180? :lol:
When he's looking down the barrel of a ban, he flips faster than Mary Lou Retton, then pretends he's been positive the entire time. At least someone like you has been a hater from the get-go and will continue to be.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
When he's looking down the barrel of a ban, he flips faster than Mary Lou Retton, ...
Mary Lou Retton?
Chloe Bailey Reaction GIF by grown-ish

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought there were only 10 others on the field? If we're playing with 22 its going to get crowded out there.
Not only Metz, but those ten need to rely on the other 11 on Defense. But somewhere I think you realize that.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Reminds me of when I was in Germany many, many years ago, was on my was to see Neuschwanstein Castle with a friend in an old Volkswagen when we happened apon a truck load of German troops unloading from the truck and running as fast as the could into a field of goats and sheep, oblivious to me they were going to have their way with the sheep.
I asked my friend why were the running there was hundreds of sheep and goat out there.
He said “ well guess they don’t want to get an ugly one”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator