Nat'l Champ worth $46.5 million

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It costs us 45-50$ mil each year we are not on par with Bama. Our income during Urbies time was $148 mil and that was before the SEC network. Then it dropped to the mid nineties or less....

Last edited by a moderator:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bama needs money for bagmen. Winning is part of 'the process'.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bet $46.5 doesn't account for the inflow of "illegal monies" ?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it matters. And that allows those programs to invest their money in their facilities. This idea that it's embarrassing that we want to upgrade our facilities and pay big money to elite coaches is ridiculous.

It's the price of doing business and when done right it drives a lot of money into the university. More than enough to offset the expenditures and pay for the other sports.

Invest money in the program and you'll make 10 times what you invest.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it matters. And that allows those programs to invest their money in their facilities. This idea that it's embarrassing that we want to upgrade our facilities and pay big money to elite coaches is ridiculous.

It's the price of doing business and when done right it drives a lot of money into the university. More than enough to offset the expenditures and pay for the other sports.

Invest money in the program and you'll make 10 times what you invest.

Agreed.
The only negative is if you keep making more money, the "economic justice" terrorists will step up their efforts to force schools to give the money to the players.
I mean once they are on campus versus how Bama and others give the money to the players today.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
U of Alabama administration just set a ruling allowing Bama basketball players to
take low interest loans from Bama football players.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed.
The only negative is if you keep making more money, the "economic justice" terrorists will step up their efforts to force schools to give the money to the players.
I mean once they are on campus versus how Bama and others give the money to the players today.

I'm OK with a stipend across the board for athletes. All athletes should get the same stipend. They cannot hold jobs like normal students because of the amount of time that they put into training. I have no idea what the stipend should be.

It will force smaller schools to shut down their football programs. But who cares…

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm OK with a stipend across the board for athletes. All athletes should get the same stipend. They cannot hold jobs like normal students because of the amount of time that they put into training. I have no idea what the stipend should be.

It will force smaller schools to shut down their football programs. But who cares…

I don't think they are talking about stipends, they are talking about a share of the profits which will destroy college athletics

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think they are talking about stipends, they are talking about a share of the profits which will destroy college athletics

Well, that's just ludicrous.

How do I get on the gravy train? I graduated with a degree from the University of Florida. I want a share of all profits made from my major. Unfortunately, I graduated with a degree in anthropology. So I only get a one time payment of $3.24.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that's just ludicrous.

How do I get on the gravy train? I graduated with a degree from the University of Florida. I want a share of all profits made from my major. Unfortunately, I graduated with a degree in anthropology. So I only get a one time payment of $3.24.

I agree with you. It drives me crazy to even listen to the crap but it is out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It costs us 45-50$ mil each year we are not on par with Bama. Our income during Urbies time was $148 mil and that was before the SEC network. Then it dropped to the mid nineties or less....

At least he pays HIMSELF the most in the SEC.

c4s_foley111714_14230220_8col.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
At least he pays HIMSELF the most in the SEC.

You keep saying this, and stepping aside your personal issues we can all agree he is without a doubt one of the highest paid AD's in the country. There is no question of that. But let me ask you this, DOES he set his own salary? Or is it negotiated with the board of directors for UAA? Seems to me that THEY decide what he's worth to UF. Despite him running the multi-million (billion?) dollar budget for the Athletics programs, I do not believe he sets his salary, does he? He likely negotiates on it, but doesn't say "I should be paid $X" and the UAA just signs the check - or am I wrong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He SHOULD have some shame and give a million or so back to the university since he fvkked it up so bad.

And retire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You keep saying this, and stepping aside your personal issues we can all agree he is without a doubt one of the highest paid AD's in the country. There is no question of that. But let me ask you this, DOES he set his own salary? Or is it negotiated with the board of directors for UAA? Seems to me that THEY decide what he's worth to UF. Despite him running the multi-million (billion?) dollar budget for the Athletics programs, I do not believe he sets his salary, does he? He likely negotiates on it, but doesn't say "I should be paid $X" and the UAA just signs the check - or am I wrong?

It's somewhere around $120 million budget.
Jeremy makes $1.2 mil/year. He ranks 3rd in the nation. Weirdly the Vandy AD is #1.
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-athletic-director-salaries/

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Vandy AD isn't just an AD:

Williams, though, is more than an athletic director and is compensated for his other positions as well. His other positions at the private university include: vice chancellor for university affairs and athletics; general counsel and university secretary for Vanderbilt and its medical center; fully tenured professor of law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.