***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Virginia

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Two words....force tempo. Get the game into the 70's and we win with ease....**** around and keep it in the low to mid 60's and we lose.

I did not read the thread before I posted so I agree with your opinion. Good post.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Hard to make these guys play faster. Slowing the game down is in their playing DNA. North Carolina averages 85 points a game and only scored 108 in two games versus UVA...a win and a loss.

Will have to take advantage of every up-tempo opportunity as there probably won't be many of them. UF in a close one.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida basketball has never lost a game I've attended in person. And Bill Murray will be in the building. So we got THAT going for us, which is nice.

:woohoo:

On another note, I won't even be able to watch. Agreed weeks ago to attend a fundraiser....I thought the tourney started next weekend :suicide:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whisky just beat Villanova, so that sure would smooth the road some!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
That is to our advantage I think. IF Devin R has another good game we win. He aid his mom went to UVA and they never recruited him. I hope he takes that personally. If we take care of the ball and Allen finds the basket we are money.
Personally, I hope we crush them. Uppity bunch at that school and it doesn't surprise me that they didn't recruit DRob. Bennett doesn't have a lot of connections in the state and loves him some midwest and northeast kids.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Whisky just beat Villanova, so that sure would smooth the road some!

Would seem so, but WISC is pretty well coached by another Dick Bennett disciple. They really make very few mistakes defensively. And of course we are facing the biggest Dick Bennett disciple today, LOL, his son. with that said, those teams do have trouble scoring some if you can get a working margin, you stand a good chance. But defensively WISC was terrific.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We better be hitting the j's tonight.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
This is the game that will in many ways define the season. Most are saying they expect nothing more than a sweet sixteen appearance for this group. I hope the guys are ready to play at a high level, lose tonight and the season will be remembered as a poor one. This team has accomplished too much to be eliminated here, lets hope they come out firing on all cylinders.

:chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I picked up a ticket earlier this afternoon, the Captain will be in attendance! :captain:

I saw the tickets around $40-$50. But I didn't see any sideline seats.

Vivid seats wanted to charge $75 fee for just buying the tickets so it was 300 something dollars for me the wife and the kids. I just elected to watch it from home.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This is the game that will in many ways define the season. Most are saying they expect nothing more than a sweet sixteen appearance for this group. I hope the guys are ready to play at a high level, lose tonight and the season will be remembered as a poor one. This team has accomplished too much to be eliminated here, lets hope they come out firing on all cylinders.

:chomp:

Disagree, if we had Egbunu then you are correct, without him we could easily lose a 2nd round game depending on how we play. Doesn't mean we have a poor season if we lose tonight, just got crazy unlucky with injuries at the end of the year....but I think we can win tonight. Gotta come out hot and playing with the fire and passion from early this season

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I saw the tickets around $40-$50. But I didn't see any sideline seats.

Vivid seats wanted to charge $75 fee for just buying the tickets so it was 300 something dollars for me the wife and the kids. I just elected to watch it from home.
I got mine from Vivid Seats. I think the extra charge was only like $12.50, but I'm also three rows from the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.