NCAA Tourney Thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I can see a case for someone giving UF a C, but not that guy with the cruve he was grading on. Did you reallly get the feel UF had the worst performance of any winner on Thursday?

Louisville down 4 in the first half vs Jacksonville State. First half grade = A.

:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They may have trailed, but they looked REALLY good doing it.
Chip, that you? :lol:
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
One of those first round winners always seems to make a little noise going forward in the tourney.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There hasn't been any really HUGE upsets like a 14 over a 3...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should be some good games today. Any upsets though?? Nova? Duke? Gonzaga? Arizona? FSU? Butler?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Should be some good games today. Any upsets though?? Nova? Duke? Gonzaga? Arizona? FSU? Butler?
Out of those, Arizona and Butler have the best chance to lose. Nova should also be careful, as Wisconsin was underseeded BADLY. Duke doesn't play until tomorrow, but if SCar plays the way they did last night, watch out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You know my praise for Chris Holtmann at Butler from knowing and talking to him quite a bit during his time at G-W. The MTSU ride ends today, and UNC had better be ready in the round of sixteen. I've liked Xavier even though they had the good guard get hurt. The Evil Nole will get a nice dose of physical ball shoved right down their throat this evening.

I think that Duke/Cocks game tomorrow has the potential to be a dandy, basically a road game for Duke with the game in Greenville with extra Cock fans and UNC fans rooting against them.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Wichita State-Kentucky is happening way too early thanks to faulty seeding. The Shockers are really good and I am picking them to upset UK. I understand (somewhat) how the seeding process works and why they are a #10 but common sense should be able to override the process when necessary.

Having interacted with Gregg Marshall in days past as an opposing team broadcaster I can agree with the conventional wisdom that his personality has held him back professionally. That said he is a heck of a basketball coach. Don't know if Indiana would consider him because of his "people skills", or lack thereof, but he would be a force to be reckoned with at a school with resources like that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wichita State-Kentucky is happening way too early thanks to faulty seeding. The Shockers are really good and I am picking them to upset UK. I understand (somewhat) how the seeding process works and why they are a #10 but common sense should be able to override the process when necessary.

Having interacted with Gregg Marshall in days past as an opposing team broadcaster I can agree with the conventional wisdom that his personality has held him back professionally. That said he is a heck of a basketball coach. Don't know if Indiana would consider him because of his "people skills", or lack thereof, but he would be a force to be reckoned with at a school with resources like that.

Where did you broadcast in the Big South?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Several years with UNC-Asheville. Was full time as play by play and then color man as a hobby for a few years. Long time ago.

Ever been in Kimmel Arena yet? A far cry from the Justice Center, a really nice modern building.

I have family connections at Winthrop....said Marshall did have a temper, but was 100% on top of his players, he would show up in person at a professor's office and ask if player A or B were in class or not, and if player A or B wasn't in class that day, they amazingly showed up at the office within 15 minutes.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Ever been in Kimmel Arena yet? A far cry from the Justice Center, a really nice modern building.

I have family connections at Winthrop....said Marshall did have a temper, but was 100% on top of his players, he would show up in person at a professor's office and ask if player A or B were in class or not, and if player A or B wasn't in class that day, they amazingly showed up at the office within 15 minutes.

Yes, I now get to relax and watch as a fan. Kimmel is a great facility for a school the size of UNCA. I think there is a direct correlation between the new arena and overall improvement in the program. The building helps recruiting and they have a really good coach now. They have regularly been near the top of the conference in recent years.

Marshall is just one of those "prickly" people...not easy to like. But you hire coaches to coach...not win friends. Wichita's seeding was really hurt by Illinois State getting left out of the tournament. That was a bad exclusion.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Well, nd already lost so in the world of sports, I'm halfway happy. And I picked nd to win. Mucho glad I got that one incorrect. Now if Florida can win., it'll be a perfect sports day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator