NCAA Tourney Thread

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
UK starting their tried and true strategy of driving to the basket out of control every possession knowing the refs will bail them out with foul calls.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
An Elite 8 appearance would really be overachieving for this team. I think most would have pegged us as a team that could have been second in the SEC possibly but not having the record we did and probably being an 8 seed or lower going in. The Sweet 16 is nice but we need to extend this run. I wonder if getting those extra days off weren't a blessing in disguise coming of those losses at the end of the season.
I disagree on us being seen as an 8-seed going in (I'm assuming you meant start of the season), I think there were several on here at the beginning of the year saying we should make the Sweet 16. We had the experience and depth, and I for one thought White would have failed if they had not gotten to the 16. Sure, throw in the injury to Bu and that would give him some leeway in that quest. Losing 3 times to Vandy, a team we could/should have beat all 3 times, also hurt fan expectations, so I get that. We don't lose Bu, beat Vandy 2 of 3, we're a 3 seed and anything less than the Sweet 16 is a disappointment in my mind. I'm happy to be where we're at, but this is where we should be. Now let's go make some noise!
:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who gets upset today? Duke? UNC? UCLA? Kansas? Louisville? Oregon? UK? Baylor? Anything is possible and I suspect a few may go down today!
Welp, Louisville's gone. I suspect Baylor and Oregon as potential candidates.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree on us being seen as an 8-seed going in (I'm assuming you meant start of the season), I think there were several on here at the beginning of the year saying we should make the Sweet 16. We had the experience and depth, and I for one thought White would have failed if they had not gotten to the 16. Sure, throw in the injury to Bu and that would give him some leeway in that quest. Losing 3 times to Vandy, a team we could/should have beat all 3 times, also hurt fan expectations, so I get that. We don't lose Bu, beat Vandy 2 of 3, we're a 3 seed and anything less than the Sweet 16 is a disappointment in my mind. I'm happy to be where we're at, but this is where we should be. Now let's go make some noise!
:chomp:

It was back and forth some I guess. Elite 8 would definitely beat almost all expectations at the beginning of the season.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He gave UF a B+.

Someone tweet that twit. I'd be super curious to hear his reasoning on why we did not deserve an A. Without giving a flying F who Chip Patterson is...but come on dude...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think that B+ is an overall tournament grade for us so far, not just a grade on last night.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Fortunately, UF's ability to survive and advance doesn't depend on some pencil-necked geek's opinion.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Arky and Rhode Island both got hosed by the officiating, but you gotta keep those big money making teams in the tourney a little longer, right?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think that B+ is an overall tournament grade for us so far, not just a grade on last night.
I gotta give it a D. The first round was damn near all chalk and we haven't had any game go into over time and we haven't had any buzzer beaters. Maybe I'm selling it short because last year's might be the best tournament ever. Even the championship game was probably the best non gator championship game i ever watched.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta give it a D. The first round was damn near all chalk and we haven't had any game go into over time and we haven't had any buzzer beaters. Maybe I'm selling it short because last year's might be the best tournament ever. Even the championship game was probably the best non gator championship game i ever watched.
It was a grade for how the Florida Gators have played in this tournament so far ya doofus. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is the one time during the year you root for teams you hate because of your bracket...especially if you have serious cash in a pool.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow, dookie's jefferson is a whiny little baby. Can't believe he didn't get a T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator