NCAA Tourney Thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lunardi now has us a 5 seed playing in the Midwest bracket in Milwaukee while he has Iowa State the 5 seed in the East bracket playing in Orlando. I don't see them doing something like that even if it did mean we would play FSU in the 2nd game.

Oh how sweet it would be to knock the Noles out. Then again, id be pretty bitter to lose to them again...when I say pretty bitter, I mean really bitter lol

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We might actually play better in a land far, far away....

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we will probably be a 5 seed since we have struggled since Egbunu went out for the year. Barry appears to still be hobbled by his ankle and Leon and Stone were both injured in this last game vs Vandy and didn't play very many minutes so we could indeed have a short stay in March. It stinks to think about but who knows what can happen in March with matchups and players that can get hot at the right time. Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Going on a limb and saying we get a 4 boys

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we can get a 4 and we SHOULD because our overall resume says we should with our high RPI and other numbers from playing and winning so many neutral site games and road games but we will see...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we can get a 4 and we SHOULD because our overall resume says we should with our high RPI and other numbers from playing and winning so many neutral site games and road games but we will see...

Maybe. But they take momentum into consideration as well.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Man Arky is so average. Frustrating we aren't in this game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care about seeding as much as I care about region and bracket.

Yep I would rather be a 5 seed and get the East or West to play in Orlando. Heck just give us the dang 5 seed in the East. If they want FSU the 4 seed there it shouldn't matter as they aren't in the SEC and they usually just try to avoid conference matchups in those first few days.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yep I would rather be a 5 seed and get the East or West to play in Orlando. Heck just give us the dang 5 seed in the East. If they want FSU the 4 seed there it shouldn't matter as they aren't in the SEC and they usually just try to avoid conference matchups in those first few days.

UF and FSU can be in Orlando, 4/5 or 3/4 or any other seed including both 4s and be in different regionals. Pods are different than regionals that way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UF and FSU can be in Orlando, 4/5 or 3/4 or any other seed including both 4s and be in different regionals. Pods are different than regionals that way.

I know but one of the talking heads made a comment they might not want us the 4/5 seeds in the East to avoid an early UF/FSU game but that shouldn't matter since they aren't in the SEC. I wonder if they were confused when saying it.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know but one of the talking heads made a comment they might not want us the 4/5 seeds in the East to avoid an early UF/FSU game but that shouldn't matter since they aren't in the SEC. I wonder if they were confused when saying it.

They generally try to avoid rematches from the regular season, even if they aren't in the same conference? Right?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They generally try to avoid rematches from the regular season, even if they aren't in the same conference? Right?

Yes. So would FSU get our slot here and we are shipped elsewhere? It will be interesting. Before losing Eggy I had us penciled in as a Sweet 16 team. Now? I'm just not sure. It was a fun year though and it's not over yet.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I had never heard that before. Just that they don't want conference matchups early but maybe they do I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lunardi shows us as a 4 seed in the East now.

Inside info?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
UF is 4 in the East playings East Tn State in Orlando. Davis I think already picking against UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.