NCAA Tourney Thread

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I bet Calipari is 1. Complaining they arent a 1 and 2. Have to play Northern Kentucky in Indy

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How many Nova games have you watched this year?
I've watched a bunch...they are a solid team, but in an actual Major conference they would have 6-8 losses on the year. They played Seton Hall in their tourney and beat them 54-52...we can beat them if we play well

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A couple but not the whole game.

Yeah...uhhhh...Love our boys and White. But they have the POY in Hart and a great supporting cast. My girl went to Nova Law so we watch a lot of games. They are very good(outside of Butler which is like their Vandy). Very very good. They are experienced. It's Duke or Nova coming of of our bracket.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've watched a bunch...they are a solid team, but in an actual Major conference they would have 6-8 losses on the year. They played Seton Hall in their tourney and beat them 54-52...we can beat them if we play well

And they would have to play poorly. It's not a knock on us. Anyone can beat anyone but we aren't beating Nova or Duke. That is the realist side of me. If you are trying to use a single game as evidence that we can beat them...I am surprised by that coming from you. I like WHite a lot and he will continue to grow but Jay Wright is in another class right now(as in a Billy Donovan class of coach).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
C6wEITrWYAA4mQE.jpg:large

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Lee I have to disagree a bit that the Big East is not a Major basketball conference this year. I watch a lot of Big East bball and it is a damn good conference. Outside of Depaul and maybe one other team it is very deep. Creighton was very good good before injury. Seton Hall and Providence are above solid. Marquette and Xavier are solid. Butler is good. When G'town is towards the bottom you know it is competively deep. I think Nova has a solid chance to repeat. Good coach, love the way they pass the ball and a very skilled point guard who truly understands the flow of the game and does not turn the ball over (learned from his dad who learned ball control under John Chaney while at Temple).

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Lee I have to disagree a bit that the Big East is not a Major basketball conference this year. I watch a lot of Big East bball and it is a damn good conference. Outside of Depaul and maybe one other team it is very deep. Creighton was very good good before injury. Seton Hall and Providence are above solid. Marquette and Xavier are solid. Butler is good. When G'town is towards the bottom you know it is competively deep. I think Nova has a solid chance to repeat. Good coach, love the way they pass the ball and a very skilled point guard who truly understands the flow of the game and does not turn the ball over (learned from his dad who learned ball control under John Chaney while at Temple).
I didn't mean they weren't in major conf...just that if they were in the Pac12, Big12, Big10, SEC, or ACC they would have had probably about 6-8 losses on the year instead of 3

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The West is the weakest bracket, IMO. The Zags might actually have a shot at the final 4, if they don't choke, like usual. :lol:

Brackets top 10 teams ranked by KenPom rankings:

1. East 180
2. Midwest 211
3. South 241
4. West 254

Brackets top 4 teams ranked by KenPom rankings

1. East 36
2. West 45
3. Midwest 47
4. South 51

So UF is in the toughest region by KenPom rankings but the others depend on how deep you want to go in the region.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The West is the weakest bracket, IMO. The Zags might actually have a shot at the final 4, if they don't choke, like usual. :lol:
I will bet my gatorchatter membership that gonzaga doesnt come out of that region. I was tempted to have vandy knocking them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator