New Coach Chess Match

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No chance Mac gets fired this year. With an all new staff next year we shall see what he can do. If same results he will be gone by Xmas 2018.

I doubt an all new staff is coming or is the answer, and if there are improvements your 2018 time frame is suspect as well.

Not to say that we don't need upgrades at almost every staff position, we do.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome dude. I feel like your post reads like an appeal to keep McElwain rather than getting rid of him. Are you sure you don't think he's the answer?

TpaG8r

Oct 9, 2017
You guys are freaking hilarious!

I am NOT Stricklin, part of the UAA or someone trying to save anyone's job. My father is a 40+ year booster and season ticket holder. I've been going to games at the swamp since I was 5 years old. As a youngster I saw, in person, the comeback that a hurt Kerwin Bell orchestrated against Auburn, every home game Emmitt played at UF, plus the glory days of Danny and Tim.

I found this site a few weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. I find the reference of Mac as Butters to be laugh out loud funny. I just happen to be thinking of some things this morning and decided to weigh in.

And I absolutely think Butters has to go. All I was trying to say is, it's not as easy as most think. And, if you botch it, you could be screwed for another 3 years, minimum. Yes, Coach O is a bad hire. I don't care if he's had less than a half season. It's obvious already he's a paranoid micro manager, a la Chump and Zook. And if Michigan wouldn't have gotten Harbaugh, they'd be stuck with their own "Coach O." They hit a grand slam (IMO), but could've easily struck out.

I'm searching for my avatar now...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are freaking hilarious!

I am NOT Stricklin, part of the UAA or someone trying to save anyone's job. My father is a 40+ year booster and season ticket holder. I've been going to games at the swamp since I was 5 years old. As a youngster I saw, in person, the comeback that a hurt Kerwin Bell orchestrated against Auburn, every home game Emmitt played at UF, plus the glory days of Danny and Tim.

I found this site a few weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. I find the reference of Mac as Butters to be laugh out loud funny. I just happen to be thinking of some things this morning and decided to weigh in.

And I absolutely think Butters has to go. All I was trying to say is, it's not as easy as most think. And, if you botch it, you could be screwed for another 3 years, minimum. Yes, Coach O is a bad hire. I don't care if he's had less than a half season. It's obvious already he's a paranoid micro manager, a la Chump and Zook. And if Michigan wouldn't have gotten Harbaugh, they'd be stuck with their own "Coach O." They hit a grand slam (IMO), but could've easily struck out.

I'm searching for my avatar now...

You had a great first post. Welcome.

If you're talking about a slamdunk higher that will double bull gator donations – there is only one. And it's probably not ever going to happen. And that is Chip Kelly.

If you're talking about bringing on somebody who can excite the fan base, excite recruits, and lead a fast-paced offense there are three - Brohm, Frost, and Babers.

I think we owe Mac something like $20 million. We just signed him to an extension. Retarded.

Unless Stricklin was guaranteed to get Kelly – which I don't think would EVER happen – we are probably stuck with Mac for one more year.

I think we can still get those other three guys next year.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No chance Mac gets fired this year. With an all new staff next year we shall see what he can do. If same results he will be gone by Xmas 2018.
With an all new staff how does that tell us what he can do? At that point wouldn't thatvtelk you it was the coaches he hired and not himself. It's kinda like that theory let's see what he can do with a good Qb. Every coach will look good with a good Qb. Imo the great coaches make average Qb's good, SOS did that with many average Qb's. Replacing Nuss with a better coach doesn't change my opinion of butters I think he's the worse coach IIive ever seen in my 32 years. Worse than Champ as well. At least he had 1 side of the ball that was elite and he could recruit. Butters does nothing good.

TpaG8r

Oct 9, 2017
It's Mac's playbook. I'm having serious doubts that even he could call a better game.

Guys, Blackman at FSU, a true freshman with only a few games under his belt, seems to be improving. He looks better than Franks now. Franks is not progressing. That's coaching.

Questions:
1. Given Franks has been here for a year and a half, is Butters' playbook so complex that it takes 2 years to fully learn it? (Answer: No)

2. Is Franks an idiot, then? (Answer: Probably not)

3. So then it must be coaching? (Answer: Yes)

If you have to shrink the playbook after a year and a half, there's a problem. As coaches, they need to make sure he knows the plays and can go through his reads. He doesn't do either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I were AD, I would require him to fire Nussdump today and give him the rest of the year to call his own plays and prove he is worth keeping.

You guys who assume Butterteef will be back are assuming he isnt getting booed and the crowd isnt chanting "Fire Mac!" There is a good chance he wont be brought back now that even the last holdouts have seen the light.

If you are still going to games, do the right thing and help us fix this.

Frankly, Id be more excited about watching a season w Jujaun Seider (while searching for a homerun hire) as interim than I would another year ofnthis shyt. At least there is a chance things could improve and he could bring us a Rich Rod/Holgerson tyoe offense.

Last edited:

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I doubt an all new staff is coming or is the answer, and if there are improvements your 2018 time frame is suspect as well.

Not to say that we don't need upgrades at almost every staff position, we do.

I think the AD hears the noise. He won't allow Mac to keep these bum ass coaches.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
With an all new staff how does that tell us what he can do? At that point wouldn't thatvtelk you it was the coaches he hired and not himself. It's kinda like that theory let's see what he can do with a good Qb. Every coach will look good with a good Qb. Imo the great coaches make average Qb's good, SOS did that with many average Qb's. Replacing Nuss with a better coach doesn't change my opinion of butters I think he's the worse coach IIive ever seen in my 32 years. Worse than Champ as well. At least he had 1 side of the ball that was elite and he could recruit. Butters does nothing good.

You have a point. I'm holding out hope that Foley's cheap ass didn't allow Mac to spend money for a real staff when he first came on board. A stretch I know, but it's all I got.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have a point. I'm holding out hope that Foley's cheap ass didn't allow Mac to spend month for a real staff when he first came on board. A stretch I know, but it's all I got.
The only possible positive and no doubt we were looking for bigger names, particularly at Wr and Rb coaches.

And yet....

There is no doubt that his protege Nusschump was his handpicked choice.

This is on Butters.

Much of it is bc of his laziness in recruiting.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think the AD hears the noise. He won't allow Mac to keep these bum ass coaches.

Perhaps you don't understand, the idea that every assistant coach will be replaced is what I find not happening. Not that changes, including perhaps some major ones.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Another great new poster. Why are you guys always suspicious of new members? We have 800+ lurkers here every day, it's only natural that some of them will log in and post from time to time.

P.S. - Other than DooDooBrown who is used for site testing purposes, I don't have ANY aliases on the GCMB and have no plans to add any. Take your tinfoil hats off for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.