NFL Combine

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It certainly sounds like he wasn't prepared. Were I an NFL team, I'd be worried about a guy who didn't seem to be ready for what the combine threw at him. It's like the guys who fail the drug test at the combine (usually for weed); You know the date the test was coming, you know marijuana stays in your system for 30 days, and yet you still fail.

Biggest interview of your professional life if your a potential NFLer. Can't fck it up with stupid stuff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently people arent digging the "Who cares if I cant set the edge or stop the run? I can blitz!" answer.

I think Polite really needed another year and a decent DL coach.

In the end he is still a tweener. Not fast enough to play LB and not big enough to be an effective DE.

I hope someone still drafts him high, perhaos the "he is falling" rumors are just a smokescreen.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

FL represented real well there among the more populated states. Georgia would need 28 to have the same number compared to the FL population.

I think I read one time Miss and Louisiana put the most players in the NFL compared to their population but those 2 states and also Georgia have a much higher African-American population % wise than Florida does.

Hmmmmm...who were those wise board posters saying for years we should focus our recruiting efforts on Florida and the top players in that state. One of them was some guy in Georgia...what was his name again? :scratchhead: :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watching the DBs do 40s. These guys are huge.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmmm...who were those wise board posters saying for years we should focus our recruiting efforts on Florida and the top players in that state. One of them was some guy in Georgia...what was his name again? :scratchhead: :lol:
No, we should run to California and spend 1.5 months there, bc if we are getting our teeth kicked-in at home, surely we should be able to bring six to eight blue chippers home from Cali to make up for hit, amirite?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No, we should run to California and spend 1.5 months there, bc if we are getting our teeth kicked-in at home, surely we should be able to bring six to eight blue chippers home from Cali to make up for hit, amirite?

Ummmmmm, no. I’m fairly certain my favorite poster on this board, some guy in Georgia, has advocated focusing on Florida recruits since the beginning of time. He was correct.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ummmmmm, no. I’m fairly certain my favorite poster on this board, some guy in Georgia, has advocated focusing on Florida recruits since the beginning of time. He was correct.
I know dude. I was mocking the plan to go to Cali instead. I wasn't advocating for it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's easy to love that kid.

JT worked his ass off.

Remember him tweeting the other players, chiding them for not being in the weightroom?

I remember him posting videos of his footwork workouts in the Summer heat, busting his ass on his own time. Never shied away from the hard work and it’s gong to pay off for him. Never got in trouble. A good Gator. Very happy for him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's easy to love that kid.

JT worked his ass off.

Remember him tweeting the other players, chiding them for not being in the weightroom?

Yep got to give Taylor a lot of credit - from losing all that weight from high school to improving dramatically on pass blocking from 2017 to 2018.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MSU DL Sweat ran a 4.41 forty? True? Faster than most RBs.

True, initially timed at 4.42 until corrected due to electric timing... watched it, thinking the dude before him ran a 4.61 would probably be the fastest... dude was moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.