NFL Combine

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read a few post-Combine mock drafts. Edge rushers dominated the first round. Teams can't get enough of the guys, and I get it. They have the ability to singularly disrupt an offense at a time when teams are desperate for ways to prevent points.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read a few post-Combine mock drafts. Edge rushers dominated the first round. Teams can't get enough of the guys, and I get it. They have the ability to singularly disrupt an offense at a time when teams are desperate for ways to prevent points.

Draft is deep in DL talent... some team is going to get what would have been a 1st round guy in another draft in the second or third round this year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don’t get all the hype surrounding him.

Same here. Most of the nfl draft guys I trust were unimpressed with his ability in the pocket. I wouldn't draft Murray until the 4th at the earliest. Bad QB draft overall.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. Most of the nfl draft guys I trust were unimpressed with his ability in the pocket. I wouldn't draft Murray until the 4th at the earliest. Bad QB draft overall.

Listened to Rich Eisen's show from yesterday about an hour ago... said his sources told him that the scouts for the Cardinals were releasing they were taking Murray first overall after "one beer", which told him they were told to spread the smoke. Why would a scout know who the front office is taking over a week before that players pro day and before individual workouts in the complex.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Ummmmmm, no. I’m fairly certain my favorite poster on this board, some guy in Georgia, has advocated focusing on Florida recruits since the beginning of time. He was correct.
That guy in Georgia is pretty much on the money all the time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Haskins is the best quarterback in this draft. I'd take Grier next.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listened to Rich Eisen's show from yesterday about an hour ago... said his sources told him that the scouts for the Cardinals were releasing they were taking Murray first overall after "one beer", which told him they were told to spread the smoke. Why would a scout know who the front office is taking over a week before that players pro day and before individual workouts in the complex.

I’d be stunned if they draft Murray. Dan Patrick said his source, which is an nfl scout, said Murray often dropped back 10 yards. That obviously won’t work in the league. I rewatched the first half of Texas game. I didn’t see 10 yards, but I did see 8-9 yards a few times. Also, in the nfl, the average shotgun is 5 yards. Murray was often 7 yards back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is it? 200 or 20,000? You guys need to get your act together.
"A five-star prospect is considered to be one of the nation's top 25-30 players, four star is a top 250-300 or so player, three-stars is a top 750 level player, two stars means the player is a mid-major prospect and one star means the player is not ranked."

Math doesn't really add up. But I'm not taking the time to add up all the 3 stars listed on the 118 teams to see what the real number is. Just eyeballing it looks like almost all the top 75 teams have 10 or more three stars. Many have significantly more. Then there are still 5-10 on the bottom 50.

They only do the top 250 or something so there is no list beyond that from which to count last year's numbers actual numbers of 3 stars.

So, probably 1000 ish per class. And we go several years in between classes before we find the rare 3 star freak that everyone missed.

You're a big math guy, are the odds good when you fish in the 3 star pond?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not only do I think Murray will be a disaster in the NFL, he's even more of a risk because of the baseball thing. At any time, he can pick up his ball and mitt and head to MLB if he thinks things aren't working out. He'll always have one foot out the door and be dreaming about baseball.

The Cardinals need to either take Bosa or trade that pick for a ton to some other sucker.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Cardinals need to either take Bosa or trade that pick for a ton to some other sucker.

I think this is what is going on. The cards need bodies. I think they are trying to hype him with the idea of baiting an idiot gm into trading up for Murray. Nothing can be trusted at this time of year. Everyone lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.