NFL Draft

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not watch any draft coverage, but my question is: Why would the Browns draft Mayfield at #1 when there was exactly 100% chance that he could have been selected at #4? Curious as to what the talking heads said about that?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I did not watch any draft coverage, but my question is: Why would the Browns draft Mayfield at #1 when there was exactly 100% chance that he could have been selected at #4? Curious as to what the talking heads said about that?
Good question. Fear that the Bills might trade up?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good question. Fear that the Bills might trade up?

Okay I understand that, so clearly the Browns view Mayfield head and shoulders above any of the other 3 QB's who were drafted in the top 10 or so and think Mayfield is the next Johnny U. Perhaps they are correct but I think taking Barkly/Chubb at #1 then a QB at 4 or even trading the #1 pick would have made more sense in the long run of trying to build a winner. But they are the Browns!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay I understand that, so clearly the Browns view Mayfield head and shoulders above any of the other 3 QB's who were drafted in the top 10 or so and think Mayfield is the next Johnny U. Perhaps they are correct but I think taking Barkly/Chubb at #1 then a QB at 4 or even trading the #1 pick would have made more sense in the long run of trying to build a winner. But they are the Browns!
I actually think Mayfield is a good pick. Good arm, durable body, a threat with his legs, fiery attitude and tremendous leadership qualities.

Who does that remind you of?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ecstatic over my Bears getting Roquan Smith. He was probably the best college linebacker last year.

They'll move him to the outside to utilize his speed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I actually think Mayfield is a good pick. Good arm, durable body, a threat with his legs, fiery attitude and tremendous leadership qualities.

Johnny U. That's who it reminds me of. I don;t doubt that Mayfield has some innate QB skills b/c he does, but he also possesses too many traits like "Johnny Football" to suit my taste. Johnny U: YES Johnny Football: NO thank you

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Johnny Manziel.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mayfield will do well. Reminds me of Brees...without class.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't pretend to know everything about Mayfield's private life, but the guess here is he's about 50 AA meetings behind Manziel.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Like the jags pick. I don't think TB was their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice. Those guys were gone. He was the top choice left on their board.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Cuz it's the Browns...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ecstatic over my Bears getting Roquan Smith. He was probably the best college linebacker last year.

F v c k roquan smith

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I saw a stat late last year that said he'd apparently gone all season without a missed tackle at that point. Crazy.

That said, you almost got a dislike from me on that one.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like the jags pick. I don't think TB was their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice. Those guys were gone. He was the top choice left on their board.
I too like the pick and believe those other choices were gone. However, they’ve got the best DL in the league so odd that was their first pick. I’m surprised it wasn’t a OL or even a TE.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't pretend to know everything about Mayfield's private life, but the guess here is he's about 50 AA meetings behind Manziel.
Johnny Eightball says AA is for quitters.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am just amazed at the hope Browns fans have every year. Talk about die hard fans...I almost feel bad for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator