Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Bama could do worse honestly. Like most of the Gators current or former head coaches, Butch Jones, Hugh Freeze, etc...
According to TOS moderators, the biggest worry about Norvel with Bama decision makers is the pushback from the fans. I guess there is a huge pushback against him going on right now. It seems that Bama is interested but the fans don’t like it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From TOS Bama insiders

5:10 p.m., Thursday, Gene -- I received additional confirmation from a strong source that DeBoer is currently Alabama's top target. It's very possible he already has an offer and is mulling it over. That said, we hear that Norvell's agent is also having conversations with both Alabama and Florida State. Should DeBoer fall through for Alabama then things could get dicey with Norvell.

3:50 p.m., Thursday, Gene -- Fox Sports' Joel Klatt is reporting that Kalen DeBoer is far in away the leading candidatefor the Alabama opening. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like DeBoer will be or has been offered the job, but Alabama is at the same time negotiating with Norvell and/or his agent in case DeBoer falls through.

3:15 p.m., Thursday, from Gene -- As Ira indicated, things aren't trending in a favorable way for Florida State right now. Still tough to say anything definitively other than Norvell is someone Alabama is looking at, but it's also fair to say he's also not their first choice. My Alabama source believes they are negotiating with multiple parties as the same time and that Norvell is a fallback choice. Either way, it looks like Norvell will be getting a significant raise one way or another. If there's a positive from this, I don't think we'll have to wait too long to find out about his future.

2:35 p.m., Thursday, from Ira -- Would like to be the bearer of great news, but have had a couple of conversations with people connected to FSU who are at least very concerned about this situation. I don't have it confirmed that an offer from Alabama has been made or is imminent, but two different people in separate conversations let me know that they are very concerned.

1:25 p.m., Thursday, from Gene -- A couple interesting nuggets from a trusted Alabama source. Mike Norvell's name is circulating around the Mal Moore Athletic Facility. My source says it's safe to conclude that Norvell is on the "short list". That said, the vibe around Tuscaloosa is that Norvell would not be a popular pick among the 'Bama fans, and that carries some weight.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
According to TOS moderators, the biggest worry about Norvel with Bama decision makers is the pushback from the fans. I guess there is a huge pushback against him going on right now. It seems that Bama is interested but the fans don’t like it.
I hadn't looked at the violations FSU is staring at until just now. Yeah, we don't want him...not with that kind of baggage... I honestly think we would rather have Billy N over him... but that ain't happening neither... :hahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And then as of late last night

10:30 p.m., Thursday -- Not much of an update, but if you believe the oddsmakers then Norvell's chances of being named Alabama next HC have dramatically dropped the past several hours. Per sportsbetting.ag he's currently +1000 (No. 5 on the list).

Which may mean that DeBoer may have agreed.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And then as of late last night

10:30 p.m., Thursday -- Not much of an update, but if you believe the oddsmakers then Norvell's chances of being named Alabama next HC have dramatically dropped the past several hours. Per sportsbetting.ag he's currently +1000 (No. 5 on the list).

Which may mean that DeBoer may have agreed.
That's a solid hire for Bama if true.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it’s going to be Norvell
I think it will likely be one of those three. I was thinking Deboer.....but it would be hilarious if Norvell ditched FSU the way his players ditched him for the bowl :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bammer fans want to run the ball up the middle.

They need some Billyball.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think it’s going to be Norvell
Considering the new sanctions levied and his entire group of mercs and 31st year seniors gone, I'd say he'd be a fool to hang out. They will suck next year. But what in the fudge is bama thinking. A cheater and a guy who literally portal dives for his entire roster. That may work periodically in the pvssy ACC but won't work in big boy football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Clown meltdown would be epic.
Would it, though? They've never liked Norvell that much, because he's an average (at best) coach and they know it. They called for his firing repeatedly before this year, and he would have won 7 games this year without that QB, and they know that too.

I don't think they'd give much of a crap, honestly.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Would it, though? They've never liked Norvell that much, because he's an average (at best) coach and they know it. They called for his firing repeatedly before this year, and he would have won 7 games this year without that QB, and they know that too.

I don't think they'd give much of a crap, honestly.
All the clowns in my area want to suck his clown dick and are petrified of another one of their "national championship" level coaches being poached. All these retards around here worship the queer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All the clowns in my area want to suck his clown dick and are petrified of another one of their "national championship" level coaches being poached. All these retards around here worship the queer.
That's surprising. I think FSU could do a hell of a lot better. I hope Norvell stays where he is.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's surprising. I think FSU could do a hell of a lot better. I hope Norvell stays where he is.
All these idiots around here are all over SM talking about how none of the playoff teams would have given fsu a game if they had gotten in. And this is after they got reamed out by georgia.

Nothing but whining, crying, and norvell clown dck sucking. It's like watching a thousand poor man's kanells.

:nole:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
All these idiots around here are all over SM talking about how none of the playoff teams would have given fsu a game if they had gotten in. And this is after they got reamed out by georgia.

Nothing but whining, crying, and norvell clown dck sucking. It's like watching a thousand poor man's kanells.

:nole:
Trailer Bammer fans are kind of endearing in their simple ways… Clown fans are “nouveau riche” trailer bammers… insufferable douchebags… still dress like trailer park while hopping in their 5 Series (can’t quite afford a 7).

UPDATE: and where the hell is @soflagator ? He should be chiming in!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Trailer Bammer fans are kind of endearing in their simple ways… Clown fans are “nouveau riche” trailer bammers… insufferable douchebags… still dress like trailer park while hopping in their 5 Series (can’t quite afford a 7).

UPDATE: and where the hell is @soflagator ? He should be chiming in!
The never ending social media fag whining from their fans is the worst. You don't see anything close from any other school, not bama, not anyone.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The never ending social media fag whining from their fans is the worst. You don't see anything close from any other school, not bama, not anyone.
Bammer (and Vol) fans know, love, and embrace who they are… Clowns have no real history or identity… they’re douchebags, like Kannell

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator