No first round corners?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know Chief can't see this as he has me on ignore, but the 04s were all juniors when they left, same as Q and Teez. His argument doesn't hold water, but he means well.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know Chief can't see this as he has me on ignore, but the 04s were all juniors when they left, same as Q and Teez. His argument doesn't hold water, but he means well.
You must be a real a$$hole :bart:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One with some additions:

Reason is MONEY NOW.

Additions:

I don't value an education or like school.
I have achieved all that I want as part of this team.
I only came to UF to go to the league.

I don't like any of the additions.

The 04s came back and were quite happy about it. More success, more great memories, lots of reasons.
1) Money
2) Second contract comes a year earlier
3) They don't want to get injured and lose out
4) They don't like school
5) They can come back to finish their degree, just like Emmitt or Noah
6) They want to focus on football only
7) They want more of a challenge
8) They're ready to move on with their lives
9) Maybe they don't like playing for Mac, he didn't recruit them
10) Maybe they hate their position coach, teammates, etc.
11) Maybe they're tired of hearing fans saying they suck or that the athletes owe them something.

The '04's are a horrible example. You pick the one group of kids that are a complete anomaly in college athletics. Only Brewer didn't come from money. They were like a group of cousins.

Kids come here with dreams of the professional sports. Hell, Haslem roots for Miami and says going to UF was a business decision. They don't necessarily come here because they love UF.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, who puts bart on ignore?
I disrespected Chief because I showed him my ass, like I do everybody. :bart:
He thinks I disrespect my body by smoking :bandit:. He was getting all pious on me so I threatened to hit him with some serious disrespect if he didn't come off his high horse. I think the threat is what may have got me on his ignore list. I reckon Chief's got to have a pretty long ignore list if I'm on it. :lol:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
1) Money
2) Second contract comes a year earlier
3) They don't want to get injured and lose out
4) They don't like school
5) They can come back to finish their degree, just like Emmitt or Noah
6) They want to focus on football only
7) They want more of a challenge
8) They're ready to move on with their lives
9) Maybe they don't like playing for Mac, he didn't recruit them
10) Maybe they hate their position coach, teammates, etc.
11) Maybe they're tired of hearing fans saying they suck or that the athletes owe them something.

The '04's are a horrible example. You pick the one group of kids that are a complete anomaly in college athletics. Only Brewer didn't come from money. They were like a group of cousins.

Kids come here with dreams of the professional sports. Hell, Haslem roots for Miami and says going to UF was a business decision. They don't necessarily come here because they love UF.

Many of them are covered by MONEY NOW. And someone mentioned that I probably don't understand many of the players as your last paragraph makes.

How about Tebow coming back. Now I don't have a problem with them leaving, just if they made that decision on somewhat faulty information.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Many of them are covered by MONEY NOW. And someone mentioned that I probably don't understand many of the players as your last paragraph makes.

How about Tebow coming back. Now I don't have a problem with them leaving, just if they made that decision on somewhat faulty information.
Tebow's family has money, just like Manning. I think Tebow had suspect info from the NFL and thought he could improve his throwing motion. If I remember correctly, they brought in Scott Loeffler? And Tebow signed off on the hire.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Tebow's family has money, just like Manning. I think Tebow had suspect info from the NFL and thought he could improve his throwing motion. If I remember correctly, they brought in Scott Loeffler? And Tebow signed off on the hire.

So only people who are poor leave early. I would like to think that they play for the Gators and that an education is important. A person close to me said I am in denial and for big time male sports it is mostly all about money and their dreams of being in the major leagues. I don't remember Tim being in charge and yes his family was not poor, I don't consider them rich either.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So only people who are poor leave early. I would like to think that they play for the Gators and that an education is important. A person close to me said I am in denial and for big time male sports it is mostly all about money and their dreams of being in the major leagues. I don't remember Tim being in charge and yes his family was not poor, I don't consider them rich either.

You have a few projected top round picks like Tebow who stay but not many of them. The ones coming out early getting bad advice or just making bad decisions are these kids going 6th or 7th round or even having to sign as a free agent. There were 28 early entrants that weren't even drafted this year I think I read.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, everyone has 3,500 sqft homes on 80 acres. They were very comfortable. You are in complete denial about the money aspect. Again, Haslem roots for Miami over UF, it's about business.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You are correct, they though he would more NFL ready. He wasn't a first round pick grade after his junior year.. I don't know why anyone would think that.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You're right, everyone has 3,500 sqft homes on 80 acres. They were very comfortable. You are in complete denial about the money aspect. Again, Haslem roots for Miami over UF, it's about business.

Like I admitted I am in denial about these types of things, but I am OK with that. And perhaps I have a higher standard for who is rich than many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator