Recruiting Nobody committed during FNL

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n19071 said:
It really is getting annoying. Those years were a blast to watch. I'll take the two trophies and say thank you.
The first 2 years' position shortcomings were on Meyer and Champ. The last 2 years have been all Champ.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19042 said:
This is Muschamp's fourth season. Meyer has zero to blame at this point. Zero. Let go of your hate.

Yep - this season there can be no Meyer blaming for the outcome.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
In five years are people still going to be crying about the way Meyer left and blaming him for our current woes? Ten? How much longer?
I will probably distinguish between how Meyer left us and how Muschamp screwed it up even worse if we don't right the ship this season.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19042 said:
This is Muschamp's fourth season. Meyer has zero to blame at this point. Zero. Let go of your hate.

Actually Ox , I don't hate Meyer, I'll always be thankful for the 2 natty's.BUT, I also don't forget the state that he left this program in. He himself said it was broken and he didn't have the energy to rebuild. The loss of those players from the 3-4 classes did hurt us, as did WM's first class . Personally I think that the schisms and problems the first couple of years are directly due to the atmosphere that was created. I agree with J, to a point, last year was not Meyer,it was on WM and co and injuries. We'll see where this year ends up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19042 said:
I apologize if I wasnt clear about my belief that Mushcramp has royally fvkked up the team. I'll try to be more clear about that.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n19092 said:
The first 2 years' position shortcomings were on Meyer and Champ. The last 2 years have been all Champ.

BS. Every year Muschamp has been paid for is on him and him alone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n19131 said:

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean the direction of our program or the outcome. You're damn right he's responsible. I'm talking specifically about the holes in the roster. Regardless, he's responsible for the wins and losses.

I remember when Meyer was hired they said Zook left him with the cupboard bare. And all Meyer did was win. Then the media said he did it with Zook recruits. Again, all Meyer did was win. No excuses.

I'm just so tired of excuses.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
ufgator812;n19131 said:

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean the direction of our program or the outcome. You're damn right he's responsible. I'm talking specifically about the holes in the roster. Regardless, he's responsible for the wins and losses.

I remember when Meyer was hired they said Zook left him with the cupboard bare. And all Meyer did was win. Then the media said he did it with Zook recruits. Again, all Meyer did was win. No excuses.

I'm just so tired of excuses.
Yes. Thank you. I am also tired of excuses.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zook wasn't the best at filling out the needs in a class, but there was plenty of talent left for Meyer. That defense was pretty nasty on '06. I think Muschamp ended his first season about 15+ spots empty. That's a hell of void to fill when you can't practice.

After his first year, he had a great season. Last year came off the tracks with injuries and in-fighting among the coaches. Not very many coaches would have done too much better given the circumstances, but there was definite room for improvement.

I think Muschamp has a lot of talent. He's still learning on the job, but I think he's learned an awful lot already. Those who say that we should have OTJ training at UF, have a lot of merit to their opinion on it. I thought Muschamp was the right pick at the time. I thought Weis and Pease were good picks at the time. Weis and Pease were obviously poor hires, but few were complaining at the time. Muschamp could've done better last year, but it was a difficult experience that will make him a better coach for having gone through it.

I'm tired of hearing all the BS whining and complaining about Muschamp. He's our coach, whether you like it or not. I'd rather see us win and him keep his job than the alternative. We have a stocked roster that should do very well. Muschamp's biggest mistake was not recruiting better on the Lines earlier.

I for one think we will win the East. I'm calling it right now. We will be fighting for a spot in the Playoff. This season will be special and the recruits will follow. Muschamp will be a Pied Piper and the Flipper. Even if you don't like Muschamp, how can you root for another piss season, and that's what many of you want even though you're too chicken **** to say it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know anybody who's wishing for a piss season. I don't want to watch that. I don't want to drive to Gainesville and put my family in the stifling heat and pay several hundred bucks to watch crap on the field. I want us to stomp Bama. And smoke Georgia. And crush FSU. And I hope Muschamp succeeds. I just don't think it's likely.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I want us to stomp Bama. And smoke Georgia. And crush FSU. And I hope Muschamp succeeds. I just don't think it's likely.

I agree!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n19146 said:
I don't know anybody who's wishing for a piss season. I don't want to watch that. I don't want to drive to Gainesville and put my family in the stifling heat and pay several hundred bucks to watch crap on the field. I want us to stomp Bama. And smoke Georgia. And crush FSU. And I hope Muschamp succeeds. I just don't think it's likely.
Exactly. I don't think anyone is hoping that we suck. The fear is mediocre. To a man everyone here is hoping that we come out and dominate. There are some that would prefer a bad season over mediocre so that we can move on.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It all matters. it's excitable kids and emotional momentum. Muschamp has to personally show that he is a bit Malzahn , Spurrier , Sabin , etc.
Future comers have to rejoice in Muschamp overall, then applaud his staff as great team support. That wil be the schools attractive package --
how much fun can be profited. There's profit involved for these star wonders.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
GatorInKnox;n19071 said:
It really is getting annoying. Those years were a blast to watch. I'll take the two trophies and say thank you.
I agree... so 2012 when we won 11 games... All on Champ and last year when we sucked... completely on Champ. This year is completely on Champ and will determine if he is a good coach or not or employed or not.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
GatorInKnox;n19071 said:
Agreed. BUT that doesn't mean that 2011 wasn't on Champ. Just that the holes in the roster combined with his late arrival led to a mediocre year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n19142 said:
Zook wasn't the best at filling out the needs in a class, but there was plenty of talent left for Meyer. That defense was pretty nasty on '06. I think Muschamp ended his first season about 15+ spots empty. That's a hell of void to fill when you can't practice. After his first year, he had a great season. Last year came off the tracks with injuries and in-fighting among the coaches. Not very many coaches would have done too much better given the circumstances, but there was definite room for improvement. I think Muschamp has a lot of talent. He's still learning on the job, but I think he's learned an awful lot already. Those who say that we should have OTJ training at UF, have a lot of merit to their opinion on it. I thought Muschamp was the right pick at the time. I thought Weis and Pease were good picks at the time. Weis and Pease were obviously poor hires, but few were complaining at the time. Muschamp could've done better last year, but it was a difficult experience that will make him a better coach for having gone through it. I'm tired of hearing all the BS whining and complaining about Muschamp. He's our coach, whether you like it or not. I'd rather see us win and him keep his job than the alternative. We have a stocked roster that should do very well. Muschamp's biggest mistake was not recruiting better on the Lines earlier. I for one think we will win the East. I'm calling it right now. We will be fighting for a spot in the Playoff. This season will be special and the recruits will follow. Muschamp will be a Pied Piper and the Flipper. Even if you don't like Muschamp, how can you root for another piss season, and that's what many of you want even though you're too chicken **** to say it.
I call BS to most of this. No one is wishing us to lose except for our competition.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
titanic-sinking.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014